RegisterDonateLogin

Affinity: Your squad may contain Bloo Milk, regardless of faction.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

ARC Trooper Commander Options
wampafang
Posted: Thursday, May 6, 2010 6:45:30 AM
Groups: Member

A friend of mine painted me up an ARC Trooper Sniper in yellow-striped armor, so I thought he would make a good ARC Commander. My goal was to help the ARC Troopers from Clone Strike become a little more competitive:

ARC Trooper Commander (25pts.)

Hit Points-50
Defense-16
Attack-10
Damage-20

Special Abilities

Order 66
Grenades 20
Rapport 2 (Characters named ARC Trooper cost 2 less if in a squad with this character)
Stealth
Twin Attack

Commander Effect

Characters named ARC Trooper within 6 squares gain Twin Attack and Squad Assault

I based this figs stats off of Whorm Loathsome (20) and the Mandalorian Captain (23), and bumped it up a little for stealth.

Any suggestions?

Edited: Refined the wording on the CE to make it more restrictive in addition to adding squad assault, and then also added Rapport 2 as a special ability.

Pericles
Posted: Thursday, May 6, 2010 11:29:53 PM

Very cool! I think he does a good job of boosting the currently available ARCs. You might want to consider making his CE apply to non-unique ARCs, though, since he might cause any subsequent unique customs (Maze, Ordo, etc.) to be over-powered. I think his powerful CE and SAs are well-balanced with his low HP and average DEF & ATK.

Awesome! ThumpUp

EDIT: After looking at it again, I guess most unique ARCs would be commanders anyway. Maybe the non-unique restriction is not that necessary...
wampafang
Posted: Friday, May 7, 2010 6:38:29 AM

Thanks for the comments.

As suggested on another board, and I think I agree, the CE needs to be reworded so that only characters specifically named "ARC Trooper" could benefit. ARC Trooper Snipers and thus any potential unique ARCs would be excluded.

Other suggestions I have recieved include adding Rapport -2 for ARC Troopers, essentially costing them at 16, and granting them Squad Assault. If kept in addition to Twin Attack (which I think is necessary to make the ARC Troopers playable again), then the question that remains is what does this do to the cost? Some have said keep it at 25, but I'm not sure it shouldn't be raised. Costing is the trickiest part about custom stats IMO.