Where: Uncle's Games
http://www.unclesgames.com/stores.php
Crossroads Mall
15600 NE 8th Ave., Suite K10, Bellevue, WA
(425)746-1539
Omnus
Posted: Saturday, March 7, 2009 5:39:59 PM
Groups: Member

So I decided to try out a Rebel squad for our saturday event.

--Mettlesome Skywalker--
70 Luke Skywalker and Yoda
27 Han Solo, Smuggler
27 Lobot
20 Princess Leia
17 Bothan Noble
11 Human Bodyguard
9 General Dodonna
8 Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi Spirit
8 Juno Eclipse
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist

Lobot:
11 Human Bodyguard
9 Ugnaught Demolitionist x3
(200pts. 14 activations)

http://bloomilk.com/Squads/ViewSquad.aspx?SquadID=29270

This is a variation of markIV's loda canon that I help him playtest and then devastated many tournaments. The basic changes was that his had chewis, rebel hero and r2p0 and doesn't have lobot, human BG, juno or obi spirit. I used the same reinforcements in every event. I had jedi temple for map which I also never played on.

First Game:

I got to play against a GG, DAC with 2 chameleon droids and some IG's. I lost the map roll and we played on the new muunilist map. The big thing was actually that he didn;t have san hill, so I easily out activated him. AT the end of the first round I got an early los with han to an IG through a door way and barely getting between about 3 different pillars. Bothan reactivated and hit again. Both attacks needed 12's but it gave me a strong lead. End of the second round, I moved loda at the chameleon in gambit. I failed the mines and the reroll. Then killed the droid with Loda and a bothan reactivate. Juno was in position to disrupt the the droid safely, making it easy to hit the attacks. During the 3rd round the an IG got a few shots at Loda and relfected both, taking the IG to 40 hp. Gha repaired it to 50 and then leia gave han a shot for 50 damage against it and loda+bothan finished the other cham droid. We played clean up for another round, but Loda was back to full hp from the bothan (only ever took 20 damage from the initial mines). I lost a couple of my free uggies and that was all.

1-0

Second Game:
This was against an exar, boma, 2x rampaging wampa, lando ds, swoop, uggies etc. I lost map roll and we played on train station. First round was me out activating him, killing the boma and keeping key doors shut so the swoop didn;t have any good directions to go. Second round was more positioning and I killed off a wampa. He switched the positioning for the swoop. During the 3rd round he finally got an exar swap and killed leia. Which i saw coming and figured it was a reasonable sacrifice to kill exar. I put 120 damage on exar before the end of the round. 4th round I won init, did 40 more to kun and succesfully force stunned him. This was pretty much game. Next activation killed kun and the other wampa died that round. Lando lived on to the end. Ended up losing Leia and a couple free uggies. All of my other pieces were unhurt.

2-0

Third Game:
My 3rd game was against an NR squad with mara, kyle, jain, han snug, wedge, dodonna uggies. I won map roll but took his map (ruined base). My opponent was very frustrated because he had dodonna but had about 5 more activations than he did. First 2 rounds were just positioning. At the end of the 3rd round, when he ran out of activations, I went on the offensive. I moved juno to disrupt mara, I then moved han 12, reactivated him the bothan and leia. Loda spent for speed and finished her off. (i canceled her block) THen he won init and tripled loda, taking loda to 90. I then used han and leia to put kyle down to 50 hp. My opponent's Han killed my free BG with Han. Loda and the bothan finish kyle. 4th round I took 40 on leia and cleaned up his uggies and set up for the next round. I won init the 5th round, killed jaina and then stunned Han. My opponent called it there. All I ended up losing was free peices and I had some damage on loda and leia.

3-0

Fourth Round:
My last game was against CS mace windu, depa, rex, panaka, r2, chagrian mercenary, human bg, mas, uggies etc. I won map roll and decided to play on his map (ruined base). First 2 rounds was all positioning. I didn't get gambit first round but he did (obviously with that squad). At the end of the 3rd round I killed the human BG and set up Loda went after rex/panaka/r2 who were all bunched up. I missed my leia reactivated shot at mace. 4th round I won init, and force pushed r2, panaka, and rex. But the rest of this round was pretty much me missing every han attack. By the end of the following round, han+leia+bothan+BG's were all dead and mace made all 3 stun saves. Depa was down and mace was low. It was starting to get real close, but I finally got mace dead with Loda. I canceled his block and had rerolled both attacks. Rex swapped into one of the turbolifts. I then locked the door shut. He tried to kill lobot with panaka and the chag but I blocked the path with 3 free uggies. He won init and killed an uggie with the chag. I then blew open the door and killed rex with Loda since h ad 40 hp left. My opponent called it there. I had Loda left with most of his hp, dodonna, lobot, juno and some uggies. I also force altered about 3 potential vaapad crits and depa and mace were always disrupted so the chag didn't do much.

4-0

I ended up taking a nightsister sith witch for my first place and let the rares go to the other top 7 (we had two huges opened and both had rare huges)
Silustrae
Posted: Saturday, March 7, 2009 9:09:06 PM
Groups: Member

Droids. ThumbsUp

Got sick of taking 7th place or lower in our tourneys.. :)

--3/7/2008 Tournament Squad, 4th place!--
57 General Grievous, Droid Army Commander
26 Chameleon Droid
68 IG-86 Assassin Droid x4
17 T3-M4
12 Gha Nachkt
10 San Hill
9 Battle Droid Officer
8 Battle Droid x2
(199pts. 12 activations)

http://bloomilk.com/Squads/ViewSquad.aspx?SquadID=29400

Map: RotS Hard map.

This is a variation on a squad that I already have posted where I dropped 3 Battle Droids and a Geno Overseer and added the Chameleon as my "melee interference." ;)

First fight got me down a little. I went against a theme squad that really had no chance. :(

Imp Knight x3, Marasiah Fel, Jagged Fel, Emperor Roen Fel, Antares Draco, and Moff Morlish Veed. Looked cool out in the playing feild, but she even said herself she didn't expect to win and was just there to have fun. Now, however cool that was, with the swiss style DCI rankings, I think that hurt me more then anything as she went on to go 0-4.

I won map, she gave me side choice, and the whole game took about 10 rounds and was over. I don't think I took any damage.. Though she may have killed a Battle Droid or something.

1-0

Second round was the same person Omnus played 3rd round. Kyle, Mara, Luke FS, Wedge, Jaina, Han Smug, Uggies.

I won map, and without thinking chose mine. In my opinion, this cost me the game. He chose the better side and hauled up in gambit out of LOS. If I had gone for his map (Ruined Base) at least I could have gotten LOS to SOMETHING.

I have to say this was the most boring game I've ever played. MY opponent activated really slow and just.. sat there. I ran Chameleon up, tried to lure out Mara or Kyle. No bite... I then planned to leave Chameleon up in gambit and then wait for the last round and dash GG, DAC up as he was the most expensive piece on the board and would win me the tie breaker in gambit... But.. After 45 minutes of spinning one piece over and over again (Dodonna vs. San Hill) I got board and took some risks. He got some kills directly because of those risks and won the game by 18 points.

MOST BORING GAME EVER. ThumbDown

1-1

Then I played a guy with a republic commando squad. Gen Obi (+4/+4), RC, Training Seargent, Tarpals, Sev x2, Fixer, Scorch, Boss, Gungan Shieldbearer.

Won map and after my troubles with my map and stealth last time I defaulted to his Crystal Caverns map. He chose the side I wanted him to. Round one was us getting into reach/LOS of eachother (Obi/commandos and GG, DAC/T3/Gah/IGx2 in main room to one side of map, and IGx2 chasing after the Tarpals/Training Seargent he had hidden on the other side), no attacking happened. Second round I tossed some shots that got sheilded, and he did some shooting that missed horribly. Then.. At the end of round 2.. He surprised me. For his final activation, he walked Gen Obi (using Knight Speed to get around the Chameleon) within 6 of GG, DAC.... But.. He was completely out in the open about 4 squares from my pair of unactivated IG's.. Needless to say Obi lived about 25 seconds (four die rolls..). The guy was blind-sided. That same init, I killed Tarpals and the Training Seargent. After that we just dinked around a lot. I had some trouble killing the Shieldbearer (Activated GG, DAC twice and the BG Droid I got from San's 1 on init once) but he fell in the end. After that it was just clean up on all the commandos. Was a fun game.

2-1

Final match! :)

Played a friend (don't know your bloomilk user and don't want to post your name on the web w/o permission, sorry!), but he played Boba, BH.. With Nyna and a TON of Keldors + Czerka.

We both had the hard map, he rolled lower so he chose the "good side."

I really thought this was going to be it. BUT. I desided to get a little crazy and boy did it pay off! I immediately started advancing with the Chameleon and kept everyone else out of LOS. Second round I was about 10 sq from his start area with Chameleon and he moved multiple Keldors adjacent hoping he'd fail mines saves and blow me up (I didn't take MANY AOs so that the Kel's would live). So far I'd taken about 30 on IG's from various Keldors but they were having trouble hitting. Init round three.. I win! Yay! Using a diagonal movement I started with a wall diagonal, and ended with a wall diagonal so thanks to wallclimber, the Keldors didn't prevent me from moving into his start. (See pic as I cannot describe the movement right)

After moving out of all the Keldors I walked another 4 squares, found Nyna out of cover and removed her from command. After that we traded blows.. Only notable moment that I thought was pretty cool was a got Boba down to 30hp, at which point he was unable to fail an evade save.. So I moved GG, DAC out into a spot to tempt him to take a couple shots. He moved out to do so just as I wanted, but did not have enough movement to be non-adjacent to a Keldor. Next activation I moved an IG in from behind and killed the Kel, bringing Boba down with him. :)

That game was both really challenging and really fun. :c)

Ended 3-1, and took 4th place. Got Princess Leia from A&E to add to my trade stock!