RegisterDonateLogin

My give up, my give up.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Supreme Overlord Shimrra and Shedao Shai Options
cicrush13
Posted: Thursday, May 6, 2010 6:14:58 AM
Groups: Member

This is my first attempt at a custom piece, please let me know what you think.

Supreme Overlord Shimrra

Faction: Yuuzhan Vong

Cost: 89
Hit Points: 200
Defense: 21
Attack: 16
Damage: 20

Special Abilities:
Yuuzhan Vong
Force Immunity
Melee Attack
Melee Reach 2
Double Attack
Twin Attack
Momentum
Vonduun Crab Armor 6
Booming Voice
Yuuzhan Vong Reinforcements 20 (If your initiative roll is exactly 11 add upto 20 points of Yuuzhan Vong characters (this includes any character with Peace Brigade in their name) adjacent to this character before your first activation of the round)

Commander Effect:
If an allied character rolls a 1 on an attack, that character is defeated. All other characters in your squad get +2 attack. (This bonus stacks). Adjacent Yuuzhan Vong characters gain Bodyguard.

Sheedao Shai
Faction: Yuuzhan Vong

Cost: 46
Hit Points: 100
Defense: 20
Attack: 11
Damage: 10

Special Abilities
Yuuzhan Vong
Force Immunity
Jedi Hunter
Melee Attack
Twin Attack
Merciless 20

Commander Effect
Allied Yuuzhan Vong characters within 6 squares gain Merciless 10 and Vicious Attack
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Thursday, May 6, 2010 6:38:02 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Not too shabby. The one thing I would point out when making custom characters is they need to be compared to other relative characters. For instance, we all know that Shimmra almost killed Luke and Jacen. Not just any Luke, Grand Master Luke. So, you must compare Shimmra to GMLS. Since that Luke is 115pts and this Shimmra is pretty comparable, you might want to look at the cost. Also consider upping to Quad or dropping to Double but adding Twin. Especially with Momentum, at that high a points he needs to do some damage from range.

I guess when you directly compare this Shimmra with GMLS, Luke should win 90% of the time. That is mostly due to Djem So Mastery with Twin. For every attack Shimmra makes, Luke gets to make 2 back (and one at +10dam). You could think about giving him Parry, but that would up his cost to around 130 or so. ;)

I do like the reuse of Vader's old CE. It fits Shimmra's style quite well.
Darth Grievous
Posted: Thursday, May 6, 2010 12:14:44 PM

Very nice and very expensive, nothing for the Scepter??? I would almost give him Melee Reach 2, that could add some fun to him
cicrush13
Posted: Friday, May 7, 2010 12:58:54 AM

Thanks guys. I made a few small changes, upped his cost, added melee reach 2, double twin, parry and changed rapport to 2 points instead of 1. For 125 points I think you should be able to have a few more warriors in the squad....maybe drop rapport and add some reinforcements? something along the lines of immediate vong reinforcements 30 that are placed adjacent to this character and they gain bodyguard??
Darth Grievous
Posted: Friday, May 7, 2010 2:36:17 AM

WOW you upped his cost a lot!! Maybe too much, barely have room for anyone else now. I would drop booming voice and doctrine of fear and save some cost there. Keep parry/double/twin. I like the reinforcements idea. Change the overall CE to Vong allies gain bodyguard and If an allied character rolls a 1 on an attack, that character is defeated. All other characters in your squad get +2 attack. (This bonus stacks).
DarthJak
Posted: Friday, May 7, 2010 3:18:19 AM

the vong need booming voice, or some thing similar to be competitive.

this custom would be great in big squad battles
cicrush13
Posted: Friday, May 7, 2010 3:26:04 AM

Ok made some adjustments, kept booming voice for him, lowered the cost and attack a little. Added reinforcements similar to Wat TFU or Kazdan. Updated the CE to include bodyguard.BigGrin
cicrush13
Posted: Friday, May 7, 2010 5:18:07 AM

Created a new Vong Shedao Shai
Darth Grievous
Posted: Friday, May 7, 2010 8:23:37 AM

I made a piece Yammosk for Vong that has booming voice. Amazing and fragile very fun indeed.
saber1
Posted: Friday, May 7, 2010 11:34:46 AM

Shimrra: Parry, VCA6, 240hp and 23 DEF? That is way, way too much. Try 200hp (max) and 20 DEF. You might also need to go lower on HP to keep Parry. Also, his Rapport is so broad that you may as well drop it and just reduce his cost.

Shai: Looks pretty good. I like the inclusion of Merciless.
surf_rider56
Posted: Friday, May 7, 2010 11:39:27 AM

I love comparing peoples ideas on custom mini's; part of The New Lost Twenty are a Yammosk and our own version of the dear Supreme Overlord. We're working on cards right now; maybe we can post them soon. Come check out the Customs board for a peek.

http://newswminisdatabase.proboards.com/index.cgi
cicrush13
Posted: Friday, May 7, 2010 1:56:18 PM

Ok made a few small mods to shimmra please let me know what you think
mercenary_moose
Posted: Friday, May 7, 2010 2:45:22 PM

Shimarra's stas looks epic! Very fitting for him.

1100th post! BigGrin Bomb
cicrush13
Posted: Friday, May 7, 2010 10:08:00 PM

saber1 wrote:
Shimrra: Parry, VCA6, 240hp and 23 DEF? That is way, way too much. Try 200hp (max) and 20 DEF. You might also need to go lower on HP to keep Parry. Also, his Rapport is so broad that you may as well drop it and just reduce his cost.

Shai: Looks pretty good. I like the inclusion of Merciless.

Thanks for the feedback, I made some changes accordingly to Shimrra, I thought Shai would be a good figure for merciless seeing how he enjoyed pain so much
swmimperial130
Posted: Saturday, May 8, 2010 4:36:39 AM

now make
Onimi, Force Using Vong
Oscarlindo
Posted: Sunday, May 9, 2010 4:57:28 AM

imo bodyguard is too powerful
cicrush13
Posted: Sunday, May 9, 2010 7:31:58 AM

what if bodyguard was changed to adjacent characters only?
yggral
Posted: Monday, May 10, 2010 8:45:38 AM

that would realy suck for you if body guard was adjacent and you had non anor
Deus Sol
Posted: Friday, May 14, 2010 2:25:37 AM

We have to take into account this guy going toe-to-toe with GMLS. if he does, GMLS should win at least more than half the time. with this guy... i'd say he has a 90% chance of killing GMLS every time unless he rolls terribly.
1. Sure, GMLS has a 95% chance to hit, but 75% of the time this guy only takes 10 and 50% of the time he takes nothing.
2. since he has Force Immunity, GMLS only gets one chance (50%) to Djem So, and never gets Lightsaber defense.
3. even though this guy only has a 50% chance to hit GMLS, he gets 4 attacks, and from 2 squares away.
4. i believe (correct me if i'm wrong) that he gets advantages from the shaper, the praetorite priest, and the advance agent? wouldn't that make this guy +10 DM, +4 AT +10 DM, +4 AT +10 DM against unactivated foes? i think that's a little crazy.
5. lastly, this guy, oin a 5, 10, 15, or 20 for initiave, pulls 30 points of vong adjacent to him? with bodyguard and his rapport, i'm sure you could take at least 120 extra hit points (4 warriors). that makes this guy a walking AT-AT, except better.
i don't mean to be rude, and i'm sorry, but either this guy needs to be costed at, like, 200, or he needs to have lots of abilities removed... although there's probably something i'm missing that makes me sound like a total idiot.