Double Attack, Twin Attack

Cortosis Battle Droid (Separatist) Cost 15
HP 20
Def 13
Att 3
Dmg 20

Droid
Lightsaber Resistance +2
Cortosis Armor (when attacked by an adjacent character with a force rating, the attacker must roll a save of 16, if failed, -20dmg for rest of skirmish

Mandalorian Battle Legionnaire (Mandalorian) Cost 16
HP 60
Def 17
Att 8
Dmg 30

Droid
Heavy Weapon
Mandalorian Bodyguard (if an adjacent mandalorian takes damage, this character may take the damage instead)
carnorjax1
Posted: Saturday, May 15, 2010 5:34:49 AM
Groups: Member

The Colicoid and Battle Legionnaire are great, but the Cortosis Droid is a bit broken. It would decimate Yobuck and anistap squads, and pretty much bring the Republic to it's knees. Maybe if it were a save 11 it would be better, or maybe -10 damage rather then -20
Darth Grievous
Posted: Saturday, May 15, 2010 5:37:15 AM

I read my stats wrong for the Cortosis, it should be save 6, haha, thats why its cost is low. but still 20 dmg
creme_brule
Posted: Saturday, May 15, 2010 5:51:10 AM

Darth Grievous wrote:
I read my stats wrong for the Cortosis, it should be save 6, haha, thats why its cost is low. but still 20 dmg

Lol, i read it and was like "what?!"...but, IMO well costed either way since he's a 20 hp 13 def 15 point fig...and shooter (rex, cody, gree) could just shoot him down in one turn...so, IMO id leave it :) all the customs are really good though
Darth Grievous
Posted: Saturday, May 15, 2010 5:57:14 AM

so maybe save 11 for -20 dmg then?
Gemini1179
Posted: Saturday, May 15, 2010 6:07:18 AM

To save myself the headache, when I did Cortosis Armor, I simply did this:

Cortosis Armor (Whenever this character is hit by an attack from an enemy with a Lightsaber, reduce the damage by 10)

Keeping the saves out of it makes it a bit different from Cortosis Gauntlet, but still effective IMO. CG is a bit of a gimmick and I wanted something more practical.
Darth Grievous
Posted: Saturday, May 15, 2010 6:50:07 AM

I like that, but here in lies the problem, where do you draw the line on lightsaber, GMLS doesnt show one but we know he has one, same thing with others, so therefore force rating is closer representation
bountyhunter9
Posted: Saturday, May 15, 2010 8:49:31 AM

Darth Grievous wrote:
I like that, but here in lies the problem, where do you draw the line on lightsaber, GMLS doesnt show one but we know he has one, same thing with others, so therefore force rating is closer representation

There is actually a glossary condition for 'with lightsaber'. I'll copy/paste it here from the Bloo Milk glossary:

Certain special abilities, such as Damage Reduction, list exceptions for enemies “with lightsabers.” It’s usually easy to tell whether or not a character has a lightsaber by checking whether its miniature has a lightsaber in hand, but a few characters do not have visible lightsabers. A character also counts as having a lightsaber if it has the Lightsaber special ability or a Force power whose name contains the word “Lightsaber.”

It's used for abilities like Dark Armor and Cortosis Guantlet, among others.

In terms of the ability, I prefer the DR-type ability only for lightsabers over the one more like Cortosis Guantlet (with the DR-type, you could drop the cost to about 10). If you went for the Guantlet-type, I think a save of 6 for -20 damage would be about right, and you could drop the cost by quite a bit (probably by five or six points).

Another option would be to go with the Guantlet-type, and a save of 11 or even 16, but instead of dropping the enemy's damage by 20 for the skirmish, you could make it so that enemy cannot attack for the rest of the round. If I recall how cortosis worked (it's been awhile since I last looked it up), I don't think it would permanently shut off the lightsaber, but disable it for a short time.

The Annihilator is nice, looks balanced. I could see it having Penetration in addition to what it already has, but that'd be up to you.

The Mando looks good too, a nice Senate Guard type piece.