RegisterDonateLogin

About twelve parsecs outside the Rishi Maze

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Atlanta Regional Results Options
spryguy1981
Posted: Sunday, May 23, 2010 8:11:14 AM
Groups: Member

I really enjoyed the Atlanta regional and greatly appreciate Daniel for putting Andy and myself up for two nights. Now you can ask Weeks, but I went back and forth for about 2 weeks deciding if I actually wanted to play, or simply watch. Then on top of that I had to decide what squad I would play if I played. Anyways I decided Friday night after talking with Jason and Dennis that I would play. I decided to go completely out of my element and play a faction that I had not played much. I chose Seperatists and in finished in 5th place just out of the playoff (which I actually did not want to participate in) and in a "tribute" to engineer this was my squad.

Nute Gunray
2 EG-05 Jedi Hunter Droids
General Whorm Loathsome
3 IG-86 Assassin Droids
Gha Nackht
Battle Droid Officer
2 R7 Astromech Droids
2 Battle Droids
2 Mouse Droids
2 Uggie Demos

I built this squad with New Republic in mind knowing that at the Pennsylvania Regional I had seen a lot of New Republic builds. This build is not commander effect dependant and that is a good thing.

Round 1 vs. Daniel Stephens on Ravaged Base
Lo and Behold I get New Republic first round so I was glad to get the chance to play it for all it's glory. For my reinforcements I brought in San Hill and 3 Battle Droids out of necessity against Dodonna.

The first two rounds is all positioning with Daniel taking a 2 to 1 gambit lead on me. At the end of round 2 I move one of my EG-05 droids into the small room with the 2 single doors near the detention block corridor. After a few BS turns, Daniel levitates Mara in and she Assaults my EG-05 and kills it. This then enables me to start firing shots at Mara with my 86s. I move out with one of them and roll my twin attack missing one and hitting the 2nd. Mara at 80. I then made a slight positioning error and put an IG-86 droid in the square I needed to put the one who was further away in. Both twins hit, Mara down to 20. The rest of the round ends and we go to initiative. I win initiative and take it hoping to kill Mara. I miss the first shot, and taking no chances, I combined with the 2nd 86 effectively wasting it's turn, but I hit and she died and then moved my 86 back around the wall. Dash proceeded to obliterate my other 86. Ganner then levitates Kyle adjacent to my 86 that killed Mara and kills it with his triple. I then backed my 86 up and took one shot knowing I was in disruptive range and I missed. My EG-05 then goes in and twins Dash dropping him to 30. I win init for round 6 and use my EG-05 to finish off Dash before heading back out of the room and towards Kyle. Daniel moves a piece, and then I run my 86 back 6 squares and twin Kyle putting 40 on him, and also keeping him out of Ganner's Triple Attacking Kyle Lob. From here it gets foggy but Kyle at one point triples my EG-05 and misses an attack leaving it at 40. I give up the AoO and base Ganner and twin him putting 60 on him. I then win the next init and kill off Ganner and then run away from Kyle so he cannot get close enough to hurt me. He then proceeds to chase after the EG-05 to score the points for it. As we approach time I take Kyle down to 60 and have a twin with my IG-86 on Kyle if I make both Kyle dies and I get a 3pt win. Needing a 7, I naturally roll a 6, then I hit the 2nd twin. Time is called and I win. 1-0

2nd Round vs Philip and a Rebel K-3P0 squad. I lose map and I am stuck on Rancor Pit which is a huge disadvantage. I knew coming into this that Rebels would be my worst matchup but I was prepared for it. Because of mobile attack and long range shots, I am forced to be very aggressive. Learning my lesson in dealing with slow cannon squads at PA I moved up 3rd round to start exchanging blows. Throughout the course of the next 4 rounds he kills both of my EG-05's and an IG-86 and I kill Princess Leia, Rieekan, and his Amanin Scout. Take his ERC down to 10, and Luke down to 40. But he gets me on points and that is game. 1-1 (I brought in San and the 3 BD's again)

We break for lunch and we come back 3rd round, and I am expecting to get paired against one of the Charlotte guys because we are all like 1-1. I am pleasantly suprised to see that I am paired against a guy from Atlanta named Josh. He is running a FlObi/Rex 501/Cody squad. I chose not to bring in San this time and instead I brought in 2 Super Battle Droids with Nute. I win map roll and we play on my map which is Jedi Temple. He chooses to set up first and sets up on the outside of the map. I set up very symmetrically in the back middle of the inside and then we go to init. I win and he goes first moving Rex straight up to the door leading from the outside to the central gambit area. I move most of my grunts and then once he is outactivated I use R7 to open the other door. My IG-86 gets a twin Oppo off on Rex dropping him to 20. Then my 2nd IG does the same thing and kills him. The third moves to where he cannot see FlObi and then twins Cody dropping him also. I move the EG-05's up as far as they will go so they can start hitting FlObi. I win init and I choose to go first asking him if he would like to suprise move. He says no and I run my EG-05 6 and twin FlObi but miss an attack, taking him to 90. He uses all of his pieces to drop my EG-05 including FlObi, leaving me with 6 shots from the 86's on FlObi. I manage to get 2 of those through dropping FlObi to 30. I then move my other EG-05 to where he can get either his ARC Sniper, or FlObi. I win init and let him go first. He suprise moves away but still within 6 of my EG-05. So with the fork I created I go after FlObi and twin to finish him off. From there it was mop up. 2-1 3pt win.

Round 4 vs Ben on Rancor Pit.

I lose map roll and smack my forehead realizing I am on Rancor Pit again. He is playing Whorm w/Bounty Hunters and a Jawa Scavenger (man he hurts my droids w/twin). I elect to bring in San so that I can deny IG-88 his opportunist and the 3 Battle Droids, now all day I had not rolled a 1 and I just felt like this was the game I would do it. Sure enough I roll a 1. I bring in the Sergeant and a Battle Droid with Nute, and a Bodyguard droid with San. He moves Zuckuss up and intuitions out to stick one of my EG-05 Droids which he successfully does. Zuckuss cannot get far enough away though and after his squad is out I run up my 86's w/the Sergeant and drop Zuckuss like a bad habit. I am steadily advancing across the board at this point and I get Jariah Syn, IG-88, and Jarael eventually, losing 1 EG-05 in the process. Time is called and I am unable to quite score the 3 point victory. He only had Whorm and Lobot left, but he didn't give me the concession victory and I got a 2 point win. 3-1

Round 5 vs. Stephen on Jedi Temple.

This is an ugly, tough, evil mirror matchup between like armies. He is running GGDAC w/5 IG-86's and San. I elect to take San and 3 Battle Droids again. I made some really poor errors early on in the first round and he took out both of my R7's. At this point I figured I had lost this game, but I was able to keep my Uggies alive long enough to blow the important doors I needed to manuever. He was running triple lockout, but I was able to overcome my disadvantage. It's very back and forth for the first 3 rounds or so, but then I am able to start cherry picking one IG-86 at a time. I rolled a 1 for initiative on the last round and brought in as many cheap Battle Droids as I possibly could to deny him real points. He managed to get 3 or 4 of them, but in the end I was able to outscore him by 2 IG-86's. I couldn't get the concession from him either so it was a 2 point win for me. 4-1

I scored a total of 9pts and was out of the final four, which really didn't bother me since I had already achieved my goal of "winning" my pass in Pennsylvania. I got to go 4-1 and not have to play 1-2 more rounds. I was able to sit back and watch my good friend David Weeks win his GenCon pass which made me happy.

Congratulations Again DaviD!! Well done.
Weeks
Posted: Sunday, May 23, 2010 12:08:53 PM

Yep fun tourney I won Playing My PloBuck squad and beating almost everyfaction on the way (except rebels and OR). I posted my report on gamers if you guys want to read it.
greentime
Posted: Monday, May 24, 2010 8:24:44 AM

Here are the squads and placements for everyone going into the finals:

1. Phillip Gladney AKA Secret Weapon
Solo Slam on Rancor Pit

Princess Leia
Luke Skywalker Rebel Commando
Han Solo Smuggler
Crix
Bothan Noble
Rieekan
Dodonna
K-3P0
ERC
Amanin Scout
Ugnaught x4
Mouse x3

2. David Weeks
Plobuck on Muunlist

Yobuck
Plo Koon, Jedi Hunter (sic)
Captain Rex
Lobot
Panaka
Doombot
Mas Amedda
Rodian Brute
Ugnaught x2

3. Graham Bingham
Hey Dean What Faction Is This? on Ravaged Base AKA Peachtree Station

Yobuck
Rex
Panaka
Mas Amedda
Doombot
Ferus Olin
Lobot
Human Bodyguard
Ugnaught x2
Rodian Diplomat AKA Jimmy Carter

4. Greg Sutton
Lob 'er and Clobber on Ravaged Base AKA Peachtree Station

Dodonna
Kyle JBM
Mara Jade Jedi
Dash RS
Ganner
Mouse
Ugnaught x3
R7
Camaasi Noble
Jagged Fel

5. Matt Spry
Nute's Weedwhackers on Hall of Judgement (?)

Nute Gunray
EG-05 JH Droid x2
Whorm Loathsome
IG-86 x3
Gha Nachkt
BDO
R7 x2
Battle Droid x2
Ugnaught x2
Mouse x2

6. Dennis Beard
Net Deck 2010 on Ravaged Base

Anakin Solo
Han GH
Mara Jade Jedi
Lobot
Gha Nackt
Ganner
Ugnaught
Mouse
Dodonna

7. Jason Alvey
on Ravaged Base

TBSV
Mouse x2
Ugnaught x3
R7
Mando Quartermaster
Mando Captain
Boba Fett MC
Mando Scout
Mando Gunslinger x2

8. Nathan Jarnagin
Chicken n Waffles on Throne Room! (sic)

GMLS
HS, GH
D
U x3
M x3
R7

9. Daniel Stephens (yeah really)
Lob 'er and Clobber on Ravaged Base/Peachtree Station

Identical to Greg's squad.

10. David Gladney AKA Secret Weapon Jr.
Nihilistic Renewal on Ravaged Base/Peachtree Station

Narth Nihl
Holosid
Darth Maul Sith Apprentice
Wicket
Apprentice
Lord
Dash Rendar RS
R7
Ugnaught
Mouse x4

11. Bennett Clayton
3 Bounty Hunters and a Jawa on Rancor Pit

IG-88, Assassin Droid
Zuckuss
Lobot
Jariah Syn
Jarael
Whorm
Java Scavenger
Human BG
Mouse

12. Nick Ferguson
Thrawn-Bane SS on Rancor Pit

CAD BANE
Juhani
Genoharadan
Mitt'raw
Nyna Calixte
Arica
Mas Amedda
Imperial Dignitary
Ugnaught x2

13. Andrew Ricciardi
Now You See Me Now You DIE on Ravage Base

TBSV x3
Czerka Scientist x2
R7
Ugnaught
Xizor
Admiral Ozzel
Grand Admiral Thrawn (the old one yeah)
IG Tarkin
Mas Amedda

14. Jonathan Clayton
Nudity Rules (?) on Throne Room

Yuuzhan Vong Jedi Hunter x3
Ossus Guardian x3
Advange Agent Officer
Dash Rendar RS
Caamasi Noble
Ugnaught x3
Mouse x3

15. Andy Bumpus
Unnamed on Starship

Luke's Snowspeeder
Deliah Blue
Han Smuggler
Princess Leia
Crix
ERC
Rieekan
Dodonna
R7
Mouse
Ugnaught x3

16. Stephen Sloop
86 Assassins on Jedi Temple

General Grievous DAC
San Hill
Gha Nachkt
R7 x3
Ugnaught x2
Mouse x3
BDO
IG-86 x5 (!)

17. Jared Aylworth
Old New Black Blue on Jedi Temple

Darth Vader, Legacy
Mitthraw
Storm Commando
Calixte
Cad Bane
Mas Amedda

18. David Miller
501st on Rancor Pitt

Darth Vader Sith Apprentice
501st Legion Commander
501st Legion Stormtrooper x9
Captain Rex 501st

19. Ryn Korn
Fratello on Rancor Pit

Mando Captain
Quartermaster
Scout x3
Gunslinger x3
TBSV
Camassi Noble x2
Ugnaught x2
Mouse x3

20. Stephanos Marks
Revan's Antarian Fury! on none listed

Darth Revan
Dash Rendar RS
Jedi Crusader
Antarian Rangers x4
Ugnaught

21. Joshua M. Stearns
Kenobi's Heroes on Ravaged Base

Obi-Wan Jedi General AKA Flobi
Captain Rex 501st
Treadwell Droid
Rodian Trader
R7
Mouse
Clone Trooper Commander
ARC Sniper
Kashyyyk Trooper
Commander Cody

22. David Barnhart
Unnamed at none listed

Darth Vadr Scourge
Dignitary
Imp Engineer
Shadow Stormtrooper x4
Noghri Commander
Imperial Sovereign Protector
Nyna Calixte

23. Robert Forbes
Ferus FTW on Bespin

Ferus Olin
Dass Jennir
Red Hand Trooper x5
Lando Calrissian Rebel Leader
ERC
Rieekan

Finals was David Weeks over Graham Bingham and Greg Sutton over Phillip Gladney, then Weeks over Sutton.

We had every single faction represented, which I believe is a first, and top 10 included Mandos and SITH.