Seems to be made to suffer.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Bloomilk Civil War Booster League (Rules Thread) Options
Darth Percocet
Posted: Friday, April 23, 2010 3:17:30 PM
Groups: Member

Bloomilk Cival War Booster League

(Full Rules List)

Alright everyone, here it is.The Official League Rules & Overview For "Bloomilk Civil War's Booster League" For those of you that don't know what a Booster League is, I'll give you a brief overview:

This Booster League will be played on Vassal. If you don't have Vassal and would like to download it, or need help in any way, just PM "Darth Percocet" & You Will Recieve To Info You Need To Get It & Get Started

The League will be set-up as such (Simular To A Fantasy Football Or Baseball Schedule Set Up & Previous Bloomilk Booster League)

- There will be 2 Conferences. (The Jedi Conference / The Sith Conference)
- There will X Amount Of Divions In Each Conference (Unknow Of Amount Untill Final Player Count Is Known)

- Each Division will have X # of players.
- Your schedule is determined thus:

- Total Games For Regular Season (Unknow Untill Final Player Count Is Known)
- For each match, there will be a "Home" player and an "Away" player. The "Home" player will get to choose map, and the "Away" player will get to choose sides. The schedule will tell you which player is Home and which is Away.

Example: Jane Doe AT John Doe
- Jane is Away, John is Home. John picks map, Jane picks sides first.

Playoffs format:
* Those who make it into the Playoffs will be the Division Winners from each Division
* Also, 1 player from each Conference who has the best record but did NOT win his/her Division will be given a spot in the Playoffs as a Wild Card.
* In the first round of the Playoffs, the Wild Card team will play the top-ranked Division Winner from their Conference, and the 2nd- and 3rd-ranked players will play each other.
* In the second round, the winners of those games will play each other to determine a Conference Champion.
* The Championship will be a match-up between the two Conference Champions.

Specific Weekly Rules

Rules:

- At Sign-Up, players will pick TWO boosters. They may be from ANY set, but only one booster may be from a Huge set. Boosters given later on in the season will all be from Non-Huge sets. You may choose 2 boosters from the same set, if you'd like.

Week 1's Rulings: Week 1 Will Consist Of Squads Built From The Two Starter Boosters You Have Selected. Your Squad Will Consist Of Mixed Factions (Which Will Be Each Week Also Through Out The Season) Simular To A Release Tourney & All Squads Will Be A Point Cost Of 125 Pts Or Closest To 125 (Under, Not Over). All Of Week 1's Games Will Have A Time Limit Of Up To 60 Minutes. If The Match Isnt Finished, Then You Will Finish The Round You Are In & We Will Add Pt's Gained For Each Player. If A Tie Is There In Pts Gained Then You Will Start A Sudden Death Round & Finish It & At The End Add Pt's Gained For Each Player (If Still A Tie From The Sudden Death Round In Pt's Then Another Sudden Death Round Will Play & So On & So Forth Untill We Have A Winner). Before Your Game Clock Starts Each Game Will Have A Pre-Set Up Time Limit Of 10 Minutes. So Be On & Ready 10 Minutes Prior To Both Players Scheduled Game Time To Set Up.

Week 2's Rulings: Week 2 Will Consist Of Squads Built From The Two Starter Boosters. Along With The Booster You Have Gained According To The Week 1 Results Of Your Game (Pre or LOTF & Post LOFT Booster). All Squads For Week 2's Squads Will Be A Point Cost Of 150 Pts Or Closest To 150 (Under, Not Over). All Of Week 2's Games Will Have A Time Limit Of Up To 70 Minutes. If The Match Isnt Finished, Then You Will Finish The Round You Are In & We Will Add Pt's Gained For Each Player. If A Tie Is There In Pts Gained Then You Will Start A Sudden Death Round & Finish It & At The End Add Pt's Gained For Each Player (If Still A Tie From The Sudden Death Round In Pt's Then Another Sudden Death Round Will Play & So On & So Forth Untill We Have A Winner). Before Your Game Clock Starts Each Game Will Have A Pre-Set Up Time Limit Of 10 Minutes. So Be On & Ready 10 Minutes Prior To Both Players Scheduled Game Time To Set Up.

Week 3's Rulings: Week 3 Will Consist Of Squads Built From The Two Starter Boosters, Along With The Booster You Have Gained According To The Week's 1 & 2 Results Of Your Games (Pre or LOTF & Post LOFT Booster). All Squads For Week 3's Squads Will Be A Point Cost Of 150 Pts Or Closest To 150 (Under, Not Over). All Of Week 3's Games Will Have A Time Limit Of Up To 70 Minutes. If The Match Isnt Finished, Then You Will Finish The Round You Are In & We Will Add Pt's Gained For Each Player. If A Tie Is There In Pts Gained Then You Will Start A Sudden Death Round & Finish It & At The End Add Pt's Gained For Each Player (If Still A Tie From The Sudden Death Round In Pt's Then Another Sudden Death Round Will Play & So On & So Forth Untill We Have A Winner). Before Your Game Clock Starts Each Game Will Have A Pre-Set Up Time Limit Of 10 Minutes. So Be On & Ready 10 Minutes Prior To Both Players Scheduled Game Time To Set Up.

Week 4 - End Of Regular Season's Rulings: Week 4 - End Of Regular Season Will Consist Of Squads Built From The Two Starter Boosters, Along With The Booster You Have Gained According To The Previous Week's Results Of Your Games (Pre or LOTF & Post LOFT Booster). All Squads For Week 4 & On Squads Will Be A Point Cost Of 200 Pts Or Closest To 200 (Under, Not Over). All Of Week 4 & On Games Will Have A Time Limit Of Up To 80 Minutes. If The Match Isnt Finished, Then You Will Finish The Round You Are In & We Will Add Pt's Gained For Each Player. If A Tie Is There In Pts Gained Then You Will Start A Sudden Death Round & Finish It & At The End Add Pt's Gained For Each Player (If Still A Tie From The Sudden Death Round In Pt's Then Another Sudden Death Round Will Play & So On & So Forth Untill We Have A Winner). Before Your Game Clock Starts Each Game Will Have A Pre-Set Up Time Limit Of 10 Minutes. So Be On & Ready 10 Minutes Prior To Both Players Scheduled Game Time To Set Up.

Note: Noone Is To Know Of Any Pieces In Your Collection, So No Hate Squads Are Built

Rules and Overview!

Credit goes to (SWMGamers for the idea, and to Dean Miller & Now To The BMBL Also)

Weekly Rules:

After each match:
* Have one person report the score, and who won, to the player appointed to run this field
* The winner will receive a random booster (Pre-Legacy of the Force) to use to add to their squad.
* The loser will receive a random booster (LOTF & Post LOTF) to use to add to their squad.

- Each Round will BEGIN on Tuesday - Sunday, (On Monday (The Person Appointed For This) Will open your random boosters on weither you won or lost. That means that you have 6 days to get your matches scheduled. Monday will be the day that we use to update rosters, standings, and hand out Boosters.
- We will follow the regular DCI Rules for Sealed Tournaments, and will be using the Standard Map List.

In Game Rules OverView:

In Game Rules: When in your game for the week, You must announce (by typing in the chat box) what action you are about to do before the actual action has taken place. (I.E. If you wish to attack figure A with your figure B, you must state i am attacking figure A with Figure B) So we dont have confusion in the game, & you must use the Markers for what kind of attack or action you are doing that is provided on each playing map (I.E. if you combine fire, use the combine fire marker on the characters combining & use the target marker on the target character)

Reinforcement & Reserve Rules: You may have any character in your squad with the Reserves or Reinforcement Special Abilities (or both) But when using these special abilities you must follow the same faction rules as normal, & you may only choose Reserves or Reinforcements from your collection. There is no bringing in outside characters for these SA's to play in your game, only whats in your collection you can work with.

Time Limit Rule: Read Above In The Weekly Rules To See Time Limit Rulings

In Game Speed Rule: You Have A Time Limit Of 3 Minutes To Start 1 Activation. If In A Game & Your Opponent Is Not Moving & Violates His 3 Minutes For An Activation, Contact (Darth Percocet) After The Game & I Will Overlook The Situation Of This Report & Determain On Penalty. If Penalty In Investagation Is Accurate, A Penalty Of 5 Pts Will Be Removed For Each Turn Violation From Your Total Pt's Gained For That Game. Also You Will Have 5 Minutes To Complete That Turn/Phase. So Keep Track Of Your Turn & Activation Limit & Opponents Turn & Activation Limit's Time & How Many Times Each Violated It On Each Of His/Her Turn If A Violation Happens (A Turn Consist Of Your 1 or 2 Activations On That Single Turn. So That Is Where The 3 Minute Time Limit Applies To) This Is So We Dont Have Players Taking Their Time To Move To Get A Cheap Win.

Schedule Rule: Home Player Gets To Choose Who Picks Map & Away Player Will Choose Side He Picks First

Trading Rule OverView

When Trading Rule Will Begin In Season: The Trade Rule Will Begin Before The Start Of Week 3

Trading Rule: When Trading Rule Is Active It Will Work Like This. Any Loser From The Prior Week May Trade With Another Loser From The Prior Week.Each Loser Will Submitt ASAP (After Recieving Your New Booster For That Week) 3 Figures They Would Like To Recieve In A Trade. Along With 3 Figures They Are Willing To Trade (In Order Of Most Wanted To Least Wanted) In Order To Get That Figure They Are Looking To Get Submitt Your 3 & 3 Figs To(Darth Percocet).

Now Since Noone Is To Know Anyones Collection I Will Personally Look Through All Collections To Determain Who Is The Best Matches In 3 Figures (Both Looking For & Both For Trading) & Will Give You That or Those Users Names & You May PM Them Players & Ask For The Trade. Each Loser Can Trade Only 1 Fig Each To Eachother,& Only Submitt 1 Trade Per Week. So If The 3 Figs You Would Like To Trade & The Three Figs You Want & Cant Come To An Agreement. You May Not Trade Again That Week.

If Trade Is Reached Ruling: If A Trade Is Reached, Both Users Must PM Myself Along With 2 Players Appointed To That Position & We Will Vote On Weither To Approve The Trade. You Will Need A 2 To 1 Vote For The Trade To Go Through Now If A Player Is One Of The Judges For That Trade Week & They Loss & Wanna Trade, I Will Have Back-up Judges To Vote On An Already Judge That Lost & Wants To Trade That Week. This Way They Cant Appove There Own Trade. This Is So Noone Is Trading Ridiculously For Other Pieces To Build An Unbeatable Squad But If It Bennefits Both Players & For High Pieces To Help Both

The Trade May Be Approved, I Will Also Be Looking To Everyone Else In Each Of The Divisions In To Decide Votes

Trading Limit Rule:

Note: Even Though You Submit 3 Figures Each You Wanna Trade & You Want, Your Only Able To Settle On 1 Fig Each. Only Time This Dont Occur Is You Can Trade 2 Uc's/C's for 1 Rare. Or You Are Able To Trade 2 Uc's & C's To Another For 2 Of his UC'/C's. But Remember Also, Trades Have to be approved & There Is No Trading Any VR's Period.

Trading Dead Line Rule: Each Trade Request Will Be Submitted Monday (After Your Weekly Booster Is Appointed To You) - Wensday. (You Will Play That Week With The Figures You Have Submitted In The Trade Because You Wont Recieve Notice Of Approval Or Denial On The Trade You Submitted The Next Week Until When You Recieve Your Booster From The Following Week Games Results). We Will Do This So It Will Give Us Thursday - Sunday To Review All Trade Request To Look Over The Trade & You May Use Your New Traded Figures The Next Week Follwing When You Have Submitted Your Trade.

Written By: Sub-Commsioner & Player (Darth Percocet) or Demosthenes

(Sub-Commsioner Since Players Are Running The League)

If Anyone Has Any Question Or Idea To Help Advance These Trading Rules Please Contact Me Throw A PM About Any Of These Rules:

If Anyone Has Any Cool Rules Or Ides They Would Like To See Added, PM Me Darth Percocet & We Will Discuss Your Idea & Talk About Adding Or Not.

Feel Free To Submitt A Million Idea's If You Have Them) Thanx People & Hope You's Like This League, Its Gonna Be Fun & Nothing Will Be Tainted With You Have My Word.

Also When Sign-ups Happen, I Will Be Appointing A Person To Open Up Boosters Who I Know Is Trust Worthy & Im Sure You Will All Agree On It With Me.
We Are Friends But He Understands That I Dont Want Any Advantage
(As You See In The BMBL) I Dont Have A Great Collection & A Bad Record, So Im Sure You Will Trust My Judgement That There Will Be No Tampering In Booster Openings. Thanx
creme_brule
Posted: Wednesday, April 28, 2010 10:55:43 AM

Hey!

I would Love Heart To join, lol :P

Anywyas, sounds exactly like he current BMBL that were doing, so...i think i knoie heat ll the rules would bee...anywyas...so can join? :)

Also, sent you a bm about our week 6 game ;)
cicrush13
Posted: Thursday, April 29, 2010 12:51:22 AM

Count me in!!!!!
Darth Percocet
Posted: Thursday, April 29, 2010 9:55:44 AM

Yea @ creme, pretty much gonna be the same with the exception of the trading thing, been talking to greentime about it & trying to work out a smooth trade system so that dont have to change it in the middle of the season i want everything to be on the money with rules.. But it will & should be fun...

@cicrush yea its gonna be fun dude, ill have sign-ups in about a week or so just as soon as i get everything settled out.. Remember too this is a league ran by the players, so its optional but everyone can have a certain area of the league they look over, like someone in charge of opening boosters, someone incharge of keeping track of schedule & making sure its written, someone looking over the standings & how it is layed out & etc. Just so we can have more involvment in the league & hopefully will keep everyone interested if they got a part of the league they are running, but it should be fun..

Also this isnt gonna take away from my involvment of the BMBL so that league is still up & running nice & strong so that league is fine & dont want anyone thinkin this will take away from it...
empirejeff
Posted: Saturday, May 8, 2010 8:36:22 AM

i don't know, i think you are makeing the tradeing rule way more involved than it needs to be. hard to say whats the best way of doing it befor hand. Their have been problems with the different rules sets with the GVL.

Anyway this is not a sign up thread?
empirejeff
Posted: Monday, May 17, 2010 8:26:31 AM

if you want to make the league interesting, then ban door control.BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin
Darth Percocet
Posted: Monday, May 17, 2010 11:37:35 AM

Look, i came to a decision, & im getting alot of pm's about when is the Bloomilk Civil War League gonna start & trying to figure out this trade part is becoming a hassal & is hard & is taking way to long to work out the kinks... So seeing alot of people have basically just missed out on sign-ups for the BMBL i think im gonna hold off on the trading addition & just run a simular league to the BMBL so that we can get these newer players involved already instead of having to wait cuz it isnt fair. & while this league runs i will work on the trade situation through out the season to have it ready for season 2... so ill have a Sign-Ups thread up tomorrow.. all who wanna get in can sign up when they see the thread. Again post u want in with your two boosters. Your 2 boosters may be 1 Huge & 1 Regular, or 2 Regular... Right now i have an idea on how to keep huge boosters through out the season to be able to maybe get them so ill run that by everyone tonight when i finish the final touches on the rules
curler88j
Posted: Monday, May 24, 2010 7:19:47 AM

How is this going?
wannabe mexican
Posted: Monday, May 24, 2010 7:12:46 PM

I'd join this league. Just as soon as a sign up thread is started.