RegisterDonateLogin

So uncivilized.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Non-Mint Condition Options
CC-23478
Posted: Thursday, June 3, 2010 8:40:24 AM
Groups: Member

Okay, I've been around the forums awhile and I finally thought I'd ask this:

How many of my fellow star wars fans here are autistic like me?

I mean that with the most benevolence, and, please, let me explain.

As I have said before, I have Asperger's Syndrome, a "mild" form of Autism that causes me to be what most would call antisocial, while also being highly intelligent.

And most "aspies" are obsessive.

I know several people with Asperger's, and, as it turns out, about half of them are big star wars fans like me.

It's why I completely obsess over star wars (for me, mainly the clones and mandalorians) and, according to my mother, it encompasses most of my life.

Has anyone here watched "the big bang theory"?

The characters on the show are a sort of charicature of ASD, with Sheldon being a more severe case.

In fact, the typical stereotypical geek is a textbook definition of asperger's (though we don't all wear bad glasses and pocket protectors).

I often prefer to associate with other people with Asperger's, and I'd like to see if there is anyone else on the sight who shares my condition (the name of the thread comes from a joke my friend used to make, as I like to keep figures in "mint condition" she'd say my mind was non-mint, damaged in shipment... O_O)

If you'd rather not say it here, you could always bloomail me! :)

(And please, to everyone else, have some respect, and if someone else comes out and says it, don't judge them...Einstein, Dickinson, Emerson, Socrates, Darwin, DaVinci, and many others are believed to have had ASD, and they're above mockery)

Thanks!