Where: Uncle's Games
http://www.unclesgames.com/stores.php
Crossroads Mall
15600 NE 8th Ave., Suite K10, Bellevue, WA
(425)746-1539
danielmcdougall
Posted: Tuesday, March 10, 2009 8:06:34 PM
Groups: Member

I'm excited and worried at the same time. I'll be there.
danielmcdougall
Posted: Wednesday, March 11, 2009 3:37:29 PM

What a fun tourny!
I ran Imperial Govenor Tarkin, Boba Merc Comm, Capt Rex, Yoda, R2 Astro, Mas, Dodonna, and two Uggies.

My first game was against Nightwalker. He had three JWM, GOWK, Holosid, and filler. It ended in confrontration between his three JWMs and GOWK and my Yoda and Boba. Boba ripped his squad apart while Yoda didn't do much. I killed all three JWMs and damaged Obi before Boba went down. It ended up with Gowk vs Yoda and of course Soresu saved the day for Nightwalker. I lost.

0-1

After that I played against a ridiculous mando scout squad. He had Thrawn, Mas, 4 Mando Scouts, Mando Captain, Dodonna, and some other stuff. I ended up barely winning by catching his Captian off guard, and an uggie. I was able to hide for the victory.

1-1

To finish I played a boosted Canderous. He had Boba Merc Comm, General Wedge, Han Rebel Hero, Mando Captain, and some filler. I was able to get a line on his Canderous while Boba and Han advanced on my Yoda. Rex took out Han, Boba took out Canderous, and then Yoda was able to stay alive and take down Boba.

2-1 finished 3rd.

There were some really sweet squads, I hope others post what they had and the results. My favorite squad was Mandalore the Ultimate, Han Smuggler, two Bothan Nobles, and I can't remember what else. I would have enjoyed playing that one.

Good Games everyone!
amsnow
Posted: Wednesday, March 11, 2009 5:25:40 PM

another bad week for me but anyway here goes.

my squad was bane, yoda cs, wedge (nr), mas, jarael, dodonna.

first match against john o. (the mandalore han squad)

we played ravaged base, i got into gambit one turn before him, so he rushed mandalore at my force outside the base, he took out mas, yoda and bane had at him but not before he weakened my yoda to about 60 hp left then he died. han got out to me and killed yoda and dodonna. i finished him off with wedge, bane and jarael left.

1-0 (this is where it gets ugly)

second match against rob. he had tarpals, moff nyna, mara from a and e, holosid, dodonna, deena shan, rebel vangaurd, gungan artillerist, r2 astro, human bg, the six point vong, and i think two uggies. we went ravaged base again, he beat me to gambit so i had to rush him with yoda/bane. i killed the vong to take the lead but r2 locked bane behind one door away from yoda who died alone (and very afraid). he killed yoda and threw him away to pursue bane with mara who got towed up by astro accompanied by human bg. bane lightsaber swept to kill bg/r2, and jarael came in to backup bane but it just wasnt enough, bane fell followed shortly by jarael and the rest of the team. (well played rob)

1-1

third match against nightwalker

this was a quick match, he ran all 3 jwm and obi kenobi to bane/jarael/yoda. bane got bullied and died quick, obi made every soresu and the jwm masters made 90 percent of their blocks.

1-2

because i scored so low in my losses i took 10th out of 12 Crying . lookin forward to the sealed, see you all then

Nightwalker
Posted: Wednesday, March 11, 2009 6:10:34 PM

Woot MY squad

Obi general
3 JWM's
Rex
holo sid
mas
dodana
2 ugs

round 1 vs daniel

very close match where our rexes basically killed eachother and then i spent the rest fo the match chasing down boba and yoda with the Jwms and obi and eventually for the win

Close end game it hink i wont only about 10 point or so

round 2 vs joel

not much mroe i cna say then he made about 90% of his shield with his 2 shads and i left them bleeding at 20 hp each when the roudn was called...

pisser...

round 3 vs andrew

Bane got taken down fast followed by yoda and jarael and then cased down the rest
pretty quick match was look for abit more sith sorcery when he was all sarrounded though, he did it once and everyone saved

2-1

Standing were

joel
chriss graff
daniel
myself
rob
and so on

if anyone rememebr the complete list feel free to add it, thsi tournament remidns me why there are faction restrictions Cursing
jporeb
Posted: Thursday, March 12, 2009 4:34:05 AM

Thanks for all the compliments on my squad yesterday! (Mando the Ult with two Bothan Nobles and Han Smuggler).
I wish I could have played the squad up to it's potential. At least I came in 6th out of 12! Could have been worse. This tourney theme was nerveracking, crazy but fun. Great job on the running of the show OMNUS.
Look forward to Monday midnight madness!

Later,

JPOREB
joelker41
Posted: Thursday, March 12, 2009 9:12:54 AM

Jon I am glad I didn't play against that Mandalorian Han squad lol...I can just imagine having to face him on my Rancor Pit Map or something....nice and open...heck Han probably could have gunned down a SHAD by himself with all the Bothan backup!

Anywho, last night's tourney was probably the most fun I've ever had in a SW event, and this isn't just because I won. I went into it playing what I thought was just a pure fun squad with no real chance of winning...until it did win!

So, here's my squad:

2xSith Heavy Assault Droid 98
Darth Sidious 36
Lobot 27
Battle Droid Officer 9
General Dodonna (I swear this event proved he was the most powerful figure in the game) 9
Wicket 8
Juno Eclipse 8
Camaasi Noble 5
200 Even

10 activations before Reinforcements.

Basically the 14 attack SHADs (18 if Wicket is within 6 of the target) move 6 and attack with Twin or move 12. Then, they get Pawned by Sidious to Quad attack whatever the SHAD can see. Worked like a charm.

Faced Darrell first round:

Darth Tyrannous, LOTDS
Vader's Apprentice Unleashed
Yoda of Dagobah
R2 Astromech
Wedge
Tarpals
Dodonna
Ugo

I won map and we played on my Rancor Pit, he set up on the side with the enclosed rooms in the corner. First round I moved a SHAD and pawn attacked R2 needing 7s to kill him but I only hit 1 of them. The other SHAD took up flanking positions. My fodder was really spread out and Darrell never had much of a chance to Lightining without getting majorly exposed. He did get one Tyrannous Lightning off on a SHAD, and I rolled the save 16 for activation then the SHAD ran up and hit him with Twin. Both hit, I pawned, needing 3s to kill him off and hit all 4 shots. Tyrannous died in one phase.

After that it was a lot of cleanup. His Lightning was a worry for me but I had enough spread out trash figures to cause major havok on who he could get LOS to for it.

I won, he got 36 points.

1-0

2nd Round vs. Blake:

Obi general
3 JWM's
Rex
holo sid
mas
dodana
2 ugs

He won map roll and we used Destroyed Base, I took indoors. I was the aggressor vs him and opened the door late round with Lobot and Twinned a JWM for 40 (with Wicket and Juno's help with Disruptive/Traps). I then won Init and quad attacked the JWM, killing it outright. He sent one JWM after Wicket, killing him, Obi ran to open the main door for a charge on my 20 HP remaining SHAD but they other one got two rounds of quad attacks off to KO Obi. After that he had to much to catch up from. Juno's Disruptive pretty much made the victory impossible for him since he had to focus on the SHADs and if he went after her much needed damage wouldn't have been done to my main attackers. I won a key Init when he threw Rex next to a SHAD and I KOed Rex.

Clean up after that. Both SHADs had 20 HP left but after a Pawn and Quad on the last JWM he conceeded.

I won and Blake got 33 points.

2-0

Last Round vs Rob:

He used:

Mara, Jedi
Wedge
Nyna
Deena Shan
Gungan Artillerist (my suggested inclusion...Cesta vs. Droids = ouch)
Rebel Vanguard
Vong Advance Scout
Holosid
Mas
Dodonna
Tarpals
R2
3xUgos

Needless to say I needed more activations so I forwent my normal Human BG + 3 Ugos Reinforcements for another Camaasi and 5 Uggies to even up the Activation count. I won Map and we used the Rancor Pit

The match started off rough for me, the Vanguard spend a Force Point and Missled Wicket/Juno twice killing Wicket. I then said ah hell and threw the SHAD into the middle to Quad and killed Deena. I then won Init and sent my SHAD after his Vanguard/Ugo and KOed them both with seperate Doubles off the Pawned Move. He then had to play catch up and I simply threw my free trash in front of my SHADs late game so Mara couldn't reach any of my wounded figures.

I won and Rob got 16 points.

I gave up a total of 85 points in 3 rounds and that won me the tourney with Graff giving up more that that in his 3 wins because we had to call the tourney on time.

Overall I am not meaning to toot my own horn here but I have to say I am the only player I have seen use a SHAD REALLY well. They are SO underrated as blockers/main attackers. I have messed up Boba BHs, Vaders, Clones, and all those 'we only do 20 damage per hit' squads VERY often. I look forward to Jedi Academy to see if they will get a Dodonna (would single handedly make the Sith competitive IMO...they to to much damage potential not to be) or Riekeen for the Sith faction simply because I believe that the defensive hedgehog that is the Sith Heavy Assault Droid is only matched in defensive prowess by probably Rex's Offensive efficiency on the flipside. I love playing them and I wish they were in a playable faction normally without drastic SA's and CE's to make them effective.

Anywho, thanks to my opponents for a great series of matches!
Affliction
Posted: Friday, March 13, 2009 6:39:34 AM

I went 1 - 2 I thought all my pieces would have got the commander effects and only canderous did but it boosted him up he was a killer when he made all the attacks for 180 damage to someone not activated