RegisterDonateLogin

Here's where the fun begins.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Egyptian Campaign (Southern Illinois) Options
Mickey
Posted: Tuesday, March 3, 2009 3:04:35 AM
Groups: Member

22nd Annual Egyptian Campaign 2009

When: March 20-22 (22nd is the Star Wars Minis Tourney)

Where: Southern Illinois University, Carbondale, Illinois located in the Student Center Ballroooms (across from the stadium).

Admissions: The weekend admission will be $21 ($7 per day) or you can preregister for $18 for the weekend. The Star Wars minis tournament will require 2 sealed IE boosters.

Other Events: The convention will also feature RPGA Tournaments, Special Guests, Game Auction, Painting Contest, Drawing Contest

Contact for more info:
Egyptian Campaign '09
c/o SIUC Strategic Games Society
Office of Student Development
Carbondale, IL 62901

EgyptianCampiagn@gmail.com
http://www.egyptiancampaign.com

The Star Wars tournament will be run by Jim Fraser from GenCon SWM. It will start at 9am March 22nd. You will need 2 sealed IE boosters. The first tournament will be 100 pts built from the two boosters. The group will break for a food break then come back and play a 200 pt regular DCI tournament.

Their will be several "stars" there from the official forums at WoC, as well as, a few GenCon past winners.
Mickey
Posted: Friday, March 6, 2009 5:29:07 AM

Small amount of views. I'm guessing there are not alot of you from the Midwest. I was told a group from Kentucky and a group from Missouri were going to attend. I know our group from Castle Perilous store is going and I'm sure the Strategic Games group at SIU has a group attending. I have no idea on numbers but there should be a good turnout.

Anyone here attending. My boy and I will be there plus 3 "maybes" among my friends that play at my house. This will be our first big event.
Mickey
Posted: Sunday, March 15, 2009 4:27:28 AM

The actual convention was canceled due to idiots who let a 20+ year tradition die out because of their laziness to get things organized. The Star Wars minis tourney is now moved to the Castle Perilous store in Carbondale near the corner of Illinois 13 and Hwy 51. The times and events are still the same.