RegisterDonateLogin

Only legal in the Outer Rim.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Star wars CCG Options
curler88j
Posted: Saturday, June 19, 2010 1:04:50 PM
Groups: Member

Does anyone have or play this game?

i just started and am looking to buy more cards for it and am sort of confuse about the difference of limited and unlimited, also about what a starter deck box is?

can anyone help me out?
Pericles
Posted: Saturday, June 19, 2010 1:24:37 PM

I gotta tell ya, curler, the SW:CCG was a great game! I was in college when it came out, and I played and collected right up until about three sets from the end. The beauty was, in the beginning, the simplicity. You didn't need counters, a play mat, or even to keep score. Your deck was your life force, and when you ran out you lost! Simple and elegant.

Anyway, to answer you question, the Premiere set was released first, with about 14 expansions released over the next 6 years (not including enhanced mini-sets). The cards in the original Premiere set had black borders. Later, to make those cards accessible to more players, Decipher (the company who created the game) re-released the set as "Unlimited". The primary difference being that the cards in Unlimited had a white border. Black border versions of Premiere cards tend to be worth more due to the scarcity, but not by a lot.

There are some great resources out there if you are really interested. SW:CCG actually has a Players Committee that keeps the game alive. Their website is here. You should definitely check them out. Also, there is a really handy online database of all the cards in existence here.

I hope this helps. I don't currently play a lot, but if you want to shoot me a PM with your questions I'll tell you what I know.

Later,
-P
Sithborg
Posted: Saturday, June 19, 2010 1:42:34 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

I still keep track of things, just never made it out to play recently. Good time, as I think things are really on a good track.

Starter Deck boxes depends on what set it is. The Premiere Starter deck boxes have 30 random cards for each side, whereas the Special Edition and Death Star II starters have a Light and Dark starter. Death Star II is preset, whereas the Special Edition ones have some fixed, the rest random.
curler88j
Posted: Saturday, June 19, 2010 2:13:07 PM

thats guy that helps a bit, i would like to know more about this box Star Wars CCG Premier Limited Starter Box is their multiple different decks or just one deck?
Sithborg
Posted: Saturday, June 19, 2010 2:30:02 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

Like I said, the Premiere Starters have 30 random cards for each side (60 total). I remember seeing somewhere the actual rarity breakdown, but I forget. I know I was excited to get a Star Destroyer in my second starter.
curler88j
Posted: Saturday, June 19, 2010 2:39:42 PM

so sithborg what do you think would be better to buy a starter box or a booster box?

so the starter box with have 12 60 random card decks?
EmporerDragon
Posted: Saturday, June 19, 2010 6:24:48 PM

A booster box if you can find it. You'll get less cards, but more Rares and Uncommons.

Also, the starters individually do not have enough for a full deck. In SWCCG, a player uses 2 60 card decks, 1 dark and 1 light.

If you want to get a good set of decks going, look for Official Tournament Sealed Decks. Each deck comes with 3 Premiere Boosters, 1 New Hope Booster, and a fixed set of 18 cards designed to give a player a workable deck. There's also a Jabba's Palace version which comes with 6 Jabba's Palace boosters and a fixed pack of 20 cards.
curler88j
Posted: Sunday, June 20, 2010 3:19:50 PM

ok i have found a starter box and a booster box and they are about the same price what would be better for make decks?
EmporerDragon
Posted: Sunday, June 20, 2010 5:13:00 PM

It depends on the set for the boosters. If it's Premiere, Hoth, Cloud City, Jabba's Palace, Endor, any enhanced Version, or any Reflections, then you would get enough to make several decent decks. The rest of sets were designed to supplement the other sets (or in the case of the Episode I sets: each other) and while they contain powerful cards, they may lack the support needed for them.
Comicsaurus
Posted: Thursday, July 1, 2010 3:40:10 AM

SWCCG was a great game. I have two duffle bags full of card boxes full of cards, along with a couple of binders.

The only downside to the game was that there was no Rarity printed on the card. Unless you got a named character, it was sometimes hard to tell what the R/VR was.

If I had a few months alone, I'd like to sit down with a set list and sort my cards by set and rarity. I know I sold some R/VRs a while ago, I'm curious as to what I still have.

As far as what to buy, I really can't expand on EmporerDragon and Sithborg's suggestions. ED's explination in his last post is pretty dead-on with the set/expansion explination.