RegisterDonateLogin

More protein than a Gimer Stick.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

BlooMilk Booster League Champion: creme_brule! Options
Demosthenes
Posted: Tuesday, July 20, 2010 8:14:01 AM
Groups: Member

Just wanted to make a match thread for the Championship. Feel free to talk about the Championship, our about the Playoffs in general, and when the match comes around, we can discuss it here in this thread! BigGrin
creme_brule
Posted: Tuesday, July 20, 2010 8:31:07 AM

greentime's going to whoop me XD
Demosthenes
Posted: Tuesday, July 20, 2010 11:18:38 AM

Give yourself more credit, CB =P
greentime
Posted: Tuesday, July 20, 2010 11:23:57 AM

Tonight at 10:00 EST!
creme_brule
Posted: Tuesday, July 20, 2010 12:44:53 PM

Demosthenes wrote:
Give yourself more credit, CB =P

lol im asian what can i say? im (extra) hard on myself Flapper
Demosthenes
Posted: Tuesday, July 20, 2010 1:42:00 PM

And we have our Champion!

The BlooMilk Booster League Champion is none other than creme_brule!
Congratulations to both competitors, and thank you to everyone for participating in the League through all the ups and downs. =)
greentime
Posted: Tuesday, July 20, 2010 1:52:10 PM

Thanks to Demos (and DP) for running this league and seeing it all the way to the end, thanks to all my opponents and all the participants for playing lots of games and making it fun, and congratulations to creme_brule for taking it home. Third time is the charm, evidently :)
creme_brule
Posted: Tuesday, July 20, 2010 2:28:05 PM

greentime wrote:
Thanks to Demos (and DP) for running this league and seeing it all the way to the end, thanks to all my opponents and all the participants for playing lots of games and making it fun, and congratulations to creme_brule for taking it home. Third time is the charm, evidently :)

none can resist my enticing scent...Love

i read your comment on VASSAL greentime and saw what i COULD HVAE done in the 3rd round.....didnt think of it. BTW, in the 2nd round you should have slaughtered nyna and the stomr commando with arica...from your starting position you had FULL LOS to both of them to use your BB...

IMO, the LVP in the game was: Cad Bane. He pretty much failed every clutch roll in the game i needed. First against arica (a 1), then against kyle (another 1), and the third against the senate commando at point blank (at 40 hp and rolled a 3, 9, 2, 7). Evidently cad was either weary or stressed at being in the championships...ironically he was the last character i had on the field to win the game.
IMO, the MVP in the game was arica. She was bold enough to completely run into my territory, then was missed by cad bane, and, left at 10 HP, rushed into my whol squad being eleft unactivated and deflenseless and used BB. She totally let it rip and dealt about 200 total damage to my whole squad thatone turn. (she got shot by whrom after that)

notable mentions are kyle CI whose disruptive totaly turned the tides, and my storm commando, who unloaded his blaster barrels at a far away in cover JWM and killed him in one turn at full HP.

Anyone up for a full play report?
spryguy1981
Posted: Tuesday, July 20, 2010 8:39:28 PM

I call shenanigans, Creme cheated. Haha, totally kidding, but it's a running joke between us.
Wysten
Posted: Tuesday, July 20, 2010 10:12:39 PM

Heheheh, sweet, I wish I could of been there to see it. Just the time was too late for me to stay up. I would of had to stay up till 5am to catch that match! Ahahaha

Awesome match though. ^^ I would love to hear a full play report.

Also, me and Uztroll (sp? My spelling is horrid. XD) will be having a match on Thursday evening Europain time, I can't quite rememember the details right now, but it should be evening time. If anyone wants to watch the cleanup of us uggnanorts, your welcome to. ^^ XD
Demosthenes
Posted: Tuesday, July 20, 2010 10:28:08 PM

And here was the winning squad!

--BMBL Championship Squad--
54 Cad Bane
53 Darth Maul, Champion of the Sith
23 Captain Panaka
20 General Whorm Loathsom
18 Moff Nyna Calixte
17 Storm Commando
6 Advance Scout
5 Caamasi Noble
4 Gran Raider

(200pts. 9 activations)
creme_brule
Posted: Wednesday, July 21, 2010 4:15:34 AM

Demosthenes wrote:
And here was the winning squad!

--BMBL Championship Squad--
54 Cad Bane
53 Darth Maul, Champion of the Sith
23 Captain Panaka
20 General Whorm Loathsom
18 Moff Nyna Calixte
17 Storm Commando
6 Advance Scout
5 Caamasi Noble
4 Gran Raider

(200pts. 9 activations)

i was thinking about switching the scout and raider for R2-D2 (RS), but decided against it b/c i needed the activations and also got map choice and chose a map in which doors were not very instrumental in the game (Rancor PPen)
creme_brule
Posted: Wednesday, July 21, 2010 6:27:28 AM

OK, here's the play report of the BMBL championship match:

Conference 1 Championship (Wild Card) Greentime
vs.
Conference 2 Championship (Wild Card) creme_brule

i just want to note the strange fact that in both conference playof matches thw same seeds won! Seed 4 (wild card) beat seed 1 in both conferences, and the seed 2's defeated the 3s. Then boht wild cards defeated the 2s to advance to the finals!

Point Cost: 200 (booster style)
Map: Rancor Pen (i won map)
Sides: I got left and setup first (greentime defered to me)
Time Limit: (none) me and greentime decided to play this one out since it is the BMBL final match lol.

Squads:
mine: (see above in demos post)
greentimes:
46 kyle katarn, combat instructor
31 arica
26 JWM
20 senate commando
15 death watch raider
5 rebel trooper
5 rebel trooper
5 stormtrooper
5 imperial dignitary
8 R2-D2
8 R7 astromech droid
22 praetorite vote warrior
4 battle droid
200, a lot of activations

so we started out. I setup first inside the actual rancor pen, and he setup in the upper right room with the doors (note: green later said he setup the worst way possible).

We then rolled for init! I dont remember who won init, not that it mattered really. The first round was all about positioning. Green moved pretty much all his troopers down the top corrider with arica, a diplomat, and JWM sticking out from that door leading to the center of the map. I think a BD was somewhere around there too. I moved all my troops out while blowing up the door with my storm commando so i couldnt be locked in. I nrought everyone out and positioned them either out of LOS or in cover oif they had SS except for nyna, the storm commando, and pancakes who i left in the rancor pen. that was a serious mistake for me. after we called for init i just realized that arica had FULL LOS to both nyna and the storm commando...meaning she could BB them if he won init. he DID win init and i commented is he redy to slaughter me and he said 'what?' i then realized he didnt see what i did b/c then he moved first but didnt move arica...he instead moved his dignitary into gambit and ended his turn

heres where i get my first break. i unloaded both blaster barrels of my storm commando out at his JWM at +10 atk and 30 dmg with double/twin...needing a 13 and amazingly hitting 3...and he failed his LD! his JWM served as a one-round activation that game. then i quickly moved my nyna out of LOS so he couldnt use arica to shoot her down. cad mobiled out and killed his rebel trooper (#1) and BD. we did a bit more positioning with me swapping the storm commando out of LOS for my caamasi then moving him too out of LOS and with greentime making a bold move moving his arica almost adjacent to my whole squad! 'go bold or go home!' was his comment...and it was true. if i won the next init cad could totally wipe her out. if he won he could move and BB every single piece i my deflenseless un-activated squad except nyna who was still in the rancor pen. well, i won init. i unloaded both of cad banes blaster barrels at arica point blank needing but a 1. i rolled a 1. T.T this is where i made my 2nd and most crucial mistake. i forgot about nynas CE pt. II!! (+10 dmg to Stealth guys). so even though cad missed a shot; arica should still take 90 dmg. but since i forgot; the officilal dmg output was 60 leaving arica very wounded at 10 HP but still able to deal some dmg. T.T i moviled cad out into cover so at least he woundnt get BBd.

greentime then did what was to be expected. he moved his arica into my territory and used a full BB to practically wipe out half my squad dealing a would-be 200+ dmg except ironically some of my guys didnt have enough HP to withstand more dmg XD. she dealt 40 to capt. pncakes; maul; whorm; and storm commando (defeating him) and also defeated the scout and raider dealing a total of 200 dmg exactly to my squad. ugh.

we did a bit more positioning and greentime moved his kyle CI and the vong really close to my squad. i moved maul and hit the cvong for 10 dmg (crabby armor did it in). this next init was again crucial. with maul at 110 HP he could easily lose 1/2 that if he wins and twin cunnings my maul. but hip-hip hooray my nynas recon saves the day! i did what was expected and raged-quaded his vong (note: i was also adjacent to kyle at the time and couldmt use twin b/c of his disruptive!!) i killed him in 3 hits and missed the 4th on kyle. (continuation of report on next post)
creme_brule
Posted: Wednesday, July 21, 2010 6:34:34 AM

part II!
creme_brule
Posted: Wednesday, July 21, 2010 6:35:05 AM

part II!