RegisterDonateLogin

Runs strong in my family...

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Leagues? Options
Woolywoo
Posted: Tuesday, July 27, 2010 4:46:17 AM
Groups: Member

I've just DL'd vassal and am interested in joining one of the leagues and I'm not sure how to go about doing so?

Might be a good idea to keep a sticky at the top with a list of leagues currently running or how to join etc.

Thanks
wannabe mexican
Posted: Tuesday, July 27, 2010 8:11:06 AM

Basically you wait until someone posts a sign up thread and then you sign up... I've been looking to join a league, but the one I want to join doesn't seem to be happening, the Galactic Civil War booster league.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Tuesday, July 27, 2010 9:35:54 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

There are currently 2 leagues running, but both are closed. The Drafting League (FlyingArrow) and the Variable-Cost Booster League (Starkiller).

Two other leagues are on the horizon. Old School Booster League (creme_brule) and a not-yet-defined league using alternate formats of some sort (cicrush13). The latter won't start until after Labor Day. I don't know when creme_brule plans to launch his.

You could also "sign up" for the closed leagues, in case someone drops out. That happens more than you might think, but there are no guarantees of course.

(The one League that has its own forum - the Bloo Milk Booster League - recently ended.)
SuperYodaMan
Posted: Wednesday, July 28, 2010 2:27:34 AM

So how exactly does the league work? I was told that the winners earn a points prize that they can use towards opening new booster packs and then can use the figures in those packs in later games. How exactly does the points thing work, and how are you supposed to compete your first few times when you don't have enough (or any, for the first time playing) figures to put together a squad?
FlyingArrow
Posted: Wednesday, July 28, 2010 3:04:50 AM

Depends on which league you're talking about. The leagues have their own specific threads. Your question would probably fit better in the thread for whichever league you're asking about.
cicrush13
Posted: Wednesday, July 28, 2010 3:34:56 AM

Take a look at the rules for each league since each one of them will wary from one to another.

The one I am working on is a Tile Wars and Dynamic Duo league. These are going to be 2 separate events that will be taking place after Labor Day...prob start around Sept 13.

I have set up the initial rules in the poll thread...take a look at them. I am still trying to iron out any wrinkles in my leagues.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Wednesday, July 28, 2010 4:07:52 AM

cicrush13 wrote:
Take a look at the rules for each league since each one of them will wary from one to another.

The one I am working on is a Tile Wars and Dynamic Duo league. These are going to be 2 separate events that will be taking place after Labor Day...prob start around Sept 13.

I have set up the initial rules in the poll thread...take a look at them. I am still trying to iron out any wrinkles in my leagues.

Don't try to run two leagues at the same time. Besides diluting the player base, it will divide your attention between the two.
cicrush13
Posted: Wednesday, July 28, 2010 4:20:50 AM

FlyingArrow wrote:
cicrush13 wrote:

Don't try to run two leagues at the same time. Besides diluting the player base, it will divide your attention between the two.

That is if I can even get that many people to sign up...I will take the most popualr of the two first then.