RegisterDonateLogin

Holding Vader's leash.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Release tourney Options
Zalkrie
Posted: Wednesday, March 18, 2009 1:46:52 AM
Groups: Member

My LGS had a mini release tourney last night. It was one booster, build 100 points. If you pack did not equal 100 you could add figs to get to 100 but you could not go over 100. And the figs added could not be more than 20 pts a fig. We did three rounds. I believe there were at least 15 people there so it was a lot of fun. Darth Jim and I tied for first both of us were 3-0.

My box had:

Thrawn - 32
Veteran Rebal Commando - 14
Imperial Dignitary - 5
Sandtrooper officer - 20
Scout Trooper - 8
Bespin Guard - 5
Duros Scout - 7
And I had nine points left to get to 100 so I added R2-D2 sensor - 9. Key addition as it turns out.

My first round I faced off against a new young player, and his rare was Leia. I felt bad for him because he kept leia back and with all my shooters with opportunist, I just picked off his team one by one until the end. To make it worse he had the bacta tank as one of his uncommons. I told him afterwards for the rest of the tourney to keep Leia next to the tank to get avoid defeat.

Second round I faced off against a fairly good player who had Madeine as his rare. He also had quite a few shooters and most with stealth, but with strategy, I picked off his two figs without stealth, locked a key door and made him come out in the open to fight. He just couldnt keep up once I got the advantage.

My third round, I was worried.........Vader!! However, luckly for me, He was a relatively new player too. He kept Vader back because he was worried about all my shooters. I wound up locking Vader in a room and picked off his other three figs, and then just kept Vader locked up.

I think I would have had a hard time beating Darth Jim. He had Kyp Durron as his rare, and he got to add Obi ghost to his squad, giving Kyp 5 force points and mettle. His squad looked tough. Fun night though and I am looking forward to the LGS IE release tourney on 03/28. Two boosters for a 150 point squad. Should be fun. If you in the Harford County Maryland area and want to play......let me know.

How did your release tourny go?
Darth_Jim
Posted: Wednesday, March 25, 2009 2:23:46 PM
Groups: Member

Congratulations Tom...I still think you're underestimating your squad versus mine. (Of course, we'll never really know lol.) In that venue, as you know, we only have 1/2 an hour. A quick couple of kills against fodder and R2 could have been the difference in ours, too. I'll admit that I had a better pull than you, but I think you did more with less. It was easier for me to go 3-0 with Kyp and Obi Ghost than you with your pull AND having to face Vader. I defer to your greatness lol.