Don't get cocky!

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Drafting League Rules and Announcements (Sign-Up is Closed) Options
FlyingArrow
Posted: Wednesday, June 23, 2010 8:44:18 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

curler88j wrote:
200pt squads right?

Yes - essentially, we're all simultaneously drafting three 200-pt squads each.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Thursday, June 24, 2010 11:37:29 AM

I hate to change a rule after we've already started but I don't think there will be any objections to this one. This change is appropriate for two reasons. First, the penalty for taking a turn too early or taking a piece that's already claimed is pretty harsh for an easily fixed mistake. Second, we already made an exception for creme_brule, who made a mistake due to a rules misinterpretation. So I've added the third paragraph below to the rules so that the "exception" for creme_brule is now the rule. (The first post of this thread has been modified to contain the updated rules.)

===
PENALTIES:
You are responsible for knowing what figures were already selected. If it is found that you selected a figure that was already selected, then that figure will be removed from your team. You will be able to select a replacement figure on your next turn, but you will have to wait until your next turn to draft. If the mistake is not noticed until after the draft, you will be able to select from the unclaimed figures.

If you take a turn in the draft before you were allowed to (e.g. waiting 4 hours when you needed to wait 5 hours), you will lose the figure you selected but the turn will count as a turn for the purposes of counting when teams may make another selection.

If you can correct the error by editing or deleting your post before another team makes a selection you can avoid the penalty, but do not make any changes once another team makes a selection.
===

(New text in italics.)
FlyingArrow
Posted: Friday, June 25, 2010 5:21:07 AM

So far I've been online as much as anyone else and been able to handle any questions/people going out of order/etc. But tomorrow I'll be gone most of the day. I've added rules to the first thread to specify what to do if there's a dispute. The following text has been added to the rules:

DISPUTE RESOLUTION:
If there is a dispute about turn order, timing, or who took which piece, I (FlyingArrow) will hopefully be able to provide a ruling quickly. If I'm away from BlooMilk for a while, simply post your turns as you believe they should be posted. When I return, I'll make a ruling. If anyone made an illegal turn, selections on those turns will be canceled and those pieces will be available for drafting. If you believe someone made an illegal turn and they took a piece you wanted (i.e. taking a turn before they were allowed to), you may draft the piece they selected. When I return, if their turn was illegal then their selection will be canceled and you will receive the piece. If their turn was legal, then your selection will be canceled (since you tried to take a piece that was already legally selected). In either case, a make-up piece can be selected at the team's next turn to even out the team sizes.

(If there is any ambiguity in the rules and I am one of the parties in the dispute, the ruling will go in the other party's favor.)
FlyingArrow
Posted: Wednesday, July 7, 2010 10:14:12 AM

As announced in chit chat and the draft thread, the rest of the draft has been accelerated with a new rule for when you can take a turn:

You can take a turn if the number of turns since your last turn plus the number of hours since your last turn is 6 or more.

The number 6 will be decreased by one each time an additional player announces that their rosters are complete. (So far only one player has.)
FlyingArrow
Posted: Wednesday, July 7, 2010 10:16:52 AM

I've added more details about games during the regular season. No real surprises here, mostly patterned after the BMBL rules. If you have a map you want to use from Mapmaker or Jedi Cartographer, post the request here. It will be allowed if at least half the league gives approval. Otherwise, stick to the DCI Standard list. Note that additional details are needed for game reporting as compared to the BMBL. Here are the added parts of the rules. (These are included in the main rules post at the beginning of this thread.)

MAPS
Maps will come from the DCI Standard list. Other maps may be used only if approved by over half the league before the match. If you have a map you want to use, request approval in this thread. It will be considered approved if at least 4 other players give consent.

TIME LIMIT
Games will be played with a 80-minute time limit or to 200 points, whichever comes first. The 80-minute time limit begins with the first initiative roll. After sixty minutes, that round will be finished and the winner will be determined. The time limit may be longer or shorter than 80-minutes by mutual agreement if agreed upon before the match begins.

GAME REPORTING
Have one person report the game results including score and squads for both sides. Report the results in the Schedule, Standings, and Results thread. Note that the score and the squads are both needed - the squads to verify that the squads are legal and the scores because point differential is the tiebreaker in the standings.
curler88j
Posted: Wednesday, July 7, 2010 11:08:53 AM
Groups: Member

Which maps on vassal are made by Mapmaker/ jedi cartographer? are all the custom ones on there by them?
FlyingArrow
Posted: Wednesday, July 7, 2010 12:43:20 PM

curler88j wrote:
Which maps on vassal are made by Mapmaker/ jedi cartographer? are all the custom ones on there by them?

Most of the good ones are. You can actually propose any map you like, but I imagine the only ones that might get approval would be by Mapmaker or Jedi Cartographer. In particular, JediCartographer made the MapPacks, so anything marked MP1 or MP2 is by him. (I don't think MP3 is in Vassal yet, and MP4 was just recently announced and not even available yet, so it's obviously not in Vassal.) Mapmaker's maps can be seen at www.mapsofmastery.com. Several of them are available on Vassal.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Friday, July 9, 2010 12:59:30 AM

Please let us know if you're done drafting. It will speed things up. I've seen at least a couple people online but neither making selections nor letting us know that they're done making selections. Once someone reaches 40 I'll declare the draft "over" since at that point anyone can draft the rest of their team whenever they want. You will be able to select more pieces during the season (only from the unselected pieces) if you leave your roster size under 40.
curler88j
Posted: Friday, July 9, 2010 3:10:20 AM
Groups: Member

can we make changes to our squads after we play them the first time?
FlyingArrow
Posted: Friday, July 9, 2010 3:25:58 AM

curler88j wrote:
can we make changes to our squads after we play them the first time?

You can't make any changes to the squads between the regular season and the playoffs. The only differences might come from reserves and reinforcements, but all reserves and reinforcements also have to come from your roster.

You'll have 3 squads, each used once in the regular season. Those same 3 squads (with possibly different reserves and reinforcements, if applicable) will be each be used once in the playoffs, but you can use the 3 squads in any order during the playoffs.

In case you're wondering why people (like me) are still drafting after they already have 600 points worth of figures...

* Drafting for reserves/reinforcements options (not me, though)
* Drafting to take reserves/reinforcements options away from other teams
* Drafting due to extreme indecisiveness (my main reason)
FlyingArrow
Posted: Friday, July 9, 2010 11:12:09 AM

Penalties for not playing have been finalized:

SCHEDULE AND PENALTIES FOR NOT PLAYING
The schedule for both the regular season and playoffs will be posted in a separate Schedule, Standings, and Results thread.

Each round of the regular season and playoffs will be at most two weeks. It is up to you to get your game played within the two week window. Once all of the games for one round have been reported, the next round immediately begins. You can also play matches early if you wish. You don't have to wait for a round to officially begin - you just have to be sure you get your matches in on time or risk forfeiting games.

If a game is not played by the end of the two weeks, the penalty will be either:
* Double loss (200-0 loss for each team)
* One team forfeits to the other (200-0 loss for the loser, 200-150 win for the winner)

If neither team offers to forfeit, I may determine which team forfeits, if any. Appeals may be made to R5Don4, who has agreed to serve as an arbiter if there is a dispute.

If you fail to play two games, or if you are inactive (no posts to the League threads and no contact with other players) for two weeks without giving notice beforehand, your team may be taken from you and given to a new player.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Friday, July 9, 2010 11:49:01 AM

The season has officially started. You have about 2 weeks to get your first round game in. The next round will begin as soon as everyone has played their games for the first round. You can play games early if you want - you don't have to wait for Round 1 to end before playing a game in Round 2.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Monday, August 30, 2010 10:55:32 AM

RULES ANNOUNCEMENT:

I forgot to include a provision about what happens if people don't play their playoff games. If games are not played (and neither team forfeits to the other), both teams will drop to the loser brackets and the highest seeded team that lost their (played) game will be moved up to the winner's bracket in their place. Hopefully this provision doesn't have to be used.

If you are involved in a forfeit, remember to state which squads you consider "used".