RegisterDonateLogin

Statement: HK-47 believes Bloo Milk may allow meatbags to compete on his level.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Fool's On-Line League 2010-11 Options
SquelchDog
Posted: Wednesday, August 11, 2010 2:35:06 AM
Groups: Member

Fool is starting an On-line League! Head on over to his SWM{CE} runboard site to check it out and sign up for it! ThumbsUp

http://bswmce1.runboard.com/f757 ThumpUp

FlyingArrow
Posted: Wednesday, August 11, 2010 3:00:35 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

I don't get it.

Why require unique pieces?
Points are scored for kills, so if two people just play each other repeatedly their two teams will skyrocket to 1st and 2nd place regardless of which one wins?
Why randomly remove sets from use?

Not trying to criticize - I'm just curious as to the motivation.
Fool
Posted: Wednesday, August 11, 2010 4:23:09 AM

FlyingArrow wrote:
I don't get it.

Why require unique pieces?.

That's just been a main emphasis of the Leaguess I've run in the past.

I should note players are encouraged to use different Uniques from match to match. I haven't put anything concrete to police this but that may change.

Most players don't typically have an issue with this.

FlyingArrow wrote:

Points are scored for kills, so if two people just play each other repeatedly their two teams will skyrocket to 1st and 2nd place regardless of which one wins?

That's a potential outcome, sure. So if I'm on-line all the time playing against Player B and we always play 300 point games, you might run into that sure. This has only ever come into question once in 4 seasons. Also, bear in mind the more people that play the more that this chance starts to shrink.

FlyingArrow wrote:

Why randomly remove sets from use?

This element was included to try and mix-up the potential squads as the season went along. This will allow for some creative thought in squad building and should deter people running the same squad over and over again as pieces available are constantly changing.

FlyingArrow wrote:

Not trying to criticize - I'm just curious as to the motivation

Yup. No sweat :)

Bear in mind I tried to come up with some creative, interesting and simple that would cater to both competitive and casual players. I also wanted something that would see a significant amount of changes as the season went on so that there would always be a level of interest. Sure, you can do that with starting with say 4 sets and adding sets (my original thought) but I thought it was a little more creative to remove sets as the season wore on. That way it just adds the element of "here today, gone tomorrow" that I think players will enjoy as the meta changes especially if they struggle to beat a squad or a specific miniature and then in a week that piece (or the core mechanic of the squad) is removed.

EDIT: Thanks to the SquelchDog for the link and posting this.

Fool
Posted: Friday, August 13, 2010 11:47:49 AM

Keep the sign-ups coming guys!!

There's still lots of time to sign up and play in the pre-season!
Fool
Posted: Monday, August 30, 2010 1:38:41 AM

Hey everyone. Sign-up is still encouraged. The draws will be made to split those signed-up into teams so sign-up now as the seasons will be starting soon!
Fool
Posted: Tuesday, August 31, 2010 12:51:28 AM

Allright guys since I am back early I have drafted the teams. There is a forum for the team threads and the League Play which will now start on Friday, September 3rd.

The Teams are thus Far:

Team 1: R5Don4; Fool; Curler88J
Team 2: Obikenobi1; SquelchDog; Yobuckiller
Team 3: Ruhk; Goat; Luke_Starkiller
Team 4: Grambo; Boba 52; Segastorm* (*=Still has to confirm his sign-up)

From here on in all communications will happen on Runboard but please I encourage a few more people to sign-up. It only takes a minute. The league promises to be fun, you can play virtually any format and I look forward to having a fun, awesome season. If you haven't played in a league before don't be intimidated as this promises to be casual, fun and competitive catering to all playing styles.

Please sign-up today and we'll get you on a team!