RegisterDonateLogin

Gives you that wonderful Chiss tan...

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Little Egypt Wars- Carbondale Illinois- Sept 25th Options
tx3252
Posted: Monday, September 27, 2010 2:37:03 AM
Groups: Member

I learned valuable lesson from this tournament. Swarm squads are not that fun. Seth's yobuck wiped the floor with me so I conceded quick to prepare for tile wars. Still ended up going 2-1 thanks to a bye and a victory over an anistap and clone trooper on speeder. Was able to take out Anistap, Das Jennir, and some other pieces to win on points. Had a blast in fantastic four even though I went 0-3. Not being able to win hardly any initiatives really hurt.

In tile wars 200, I played 5 ossus guardians, garm, and leia skywalker with the ithorian commander, a couple of wookies and a moncal tech as my reserves. This was not my original squad but I switched because I'd never played tile wars before. Now, its my favorite format.

First match versus Kristen: Win.

She was playing a new republic build with ganner, kyle, CI, and Anakin Solo. She was able to take out most of my non vong pieces with ani bomb, including my ithorian. But the guardians were able to shred through her force users.

2nd match versus Chaz: Win.

Chaz was playing another new republic build with ganner, han, kype, jag, and dash.
My guardians were able to take out the force users quickly but han took a while to bring down.

3rd match versus Dave: Win.
Dave was playing Darth Bane, Proxy copying Bane, Exar Kun, Sith Spirit, and I can't remember what else. The vong were able to gain up on Bane to take him out first, then proxy, and Exar fell with proxy.

4th match versus Mickey: Loss.
Mickey was playing a warmaster, shaper, advance agent officer, and jedi hunter squad. This was a brutal match because it was mostly hit, save 10 damage, hit, and so on until my last piece, Garm, fell. After having finally played tile wars I must say that it is my favorite format.

As far as points go, I was doing pretty poorly after the first two tournaments but ended up third for the night.
swinefeld
Posted: Monday, September 27, 2010 5:18:39 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

@Seth - the other piece in Mickey's 200 squad was a Sith Witch.

@Matt - my 4th mini in Tile Wars was Darth Plagueis. Other than having Parry, he was quite useless against the Vong.

My matches, as best I can recall:

Fantastic Four - I played Mandalore Indomitable, Boba MC, Basilisk, and Mando JH

vs Michael's NR GMLS, Mara, Ganner, Bloodcarver - on Rattatak Arena:

I was able to get some good damage on Mara from the JH. GMLS failed some key rolls, plus a crit from the Basilisk that got through. Boba's accurate also helped a lot. Firepower prevailed over the beatsticks.

vs Kristen's GGDAC, Tyranus, Proxy, Cad on Rancor Pit:

She positioned well, and while I got a strafe or two in, I couldn't overcome Proxy's ridiculously high defence in cover. Somehow I didn't get a single kill in this one.

can't remember now who the 3rd match was against, or if I won or lost, lol.
Might have been against Chas, and I might have won.

Think I was 1-4 in Tile Wars. The Vong ate my lunch, and I played badly against Palps, Vader and crew.

1-2 in 200 constructed (got a bye)

Should have gone with Mickey's map, I would have done much better. Loss.

Against Matt, I couldn't get good enough strafes to overcome his activations before he took out some key pieces, especially R2. Getting through a pile of 0 point mouse reinforcements didn't help either. Plus, my squad was designed to take out acts quickly then get opportunist, which wasn't going to happen with Dodonna and 40+ brutes running 12 to swing at +8/20 a piece. If I had gone for his commanders, the swarm would have crushed me, rather than pick me apart.

The day was fun anyway, and somehow in spite of my poor showing I ended up with not 1 but 2 of Mapmaker's awesome maps as prizes, so it just might have been worth missing out on a bunch of great BBQ. ;)