RegisterDonateLogin

Wars not make one great. (But Bloo Milk does.)

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

GOC - Galactic Oversight Committee Options
stsparks72
Posted: Tuesday, October 5, 2010 2:32:09 PM
Groups: Member

DO NOT LOCK THIS THREAD
This is a serious discussion. Seriously, it is.

Hello Everyone,

As a lot of you know (or perhaps do not know) I am not a fan of Committee's. They are simply a way to make a select group of people pretend to have a more important opinion than everybody else. However, I realize that the only way to govern a committee is with a committee. We have to be more important than the important people. That being said I have decided to start a Galactic Oversight Committee (GOC) that will oversee all other committee's. As the self appointed Supreme Chancellor I will need a few volunteers to monitor things while I sit behind my computer screen petting my evil MAD cat.

First I need somebody that is well connected and liked by everyone. This will give us leverage with the masses. Having good connections will keep us tied into all the latest committee happenings and events. This position is titled The Smooch.

Next I need somebody who is a natural leader. Sometimes we will need to step in and take over a poorly run committee. This position is titled The Pit Boss.

Lastly, I will need somebody to come in and shut down all those goofy committee's that just aren't necessary. This will be a difficult position that requires somebody with thick skin. This position is titled The Dane.

As Supreme Chancellor I promise to run a tight ship, sort of like Hitler, but without all the death camp stuff. Please, only one applicant per person needed. Multiple applications will be ignored. Feel free to list your entire SWM resume with personal references and past qualifications

Yours Truly,
Supreme Chancellor Carlos Spicywiener
ChuckaFett
Posted: Tuesday, October 5, 2010 3:24:40 PM
Groups: Member , Trade Moderator

Probably a good choice to remove that middle stuff there Carlos ;)
stsparks72
Posted: Tuesday, October 5, 2010 3:29:35 PM

ChuckaFett wrote:
Problably a good choice to remove that middle stuff there Carlos ;)

Actually the Mod removed it. I didn't realize that it was an acronym for the male anatomy. I must have been thinking about something else.

You know actually you are a known name, do you still have connections? You might be a good candidate for The Smooch.

LMK.
Carlos.
ChuckaFett
Posted: Tuesday, October 5, 2010 4:25:52 PM
Groups: Member , Trade Moderator

stsparks72 wrote:
ChuckaFett wrote:
Problably a good choice to remove that middle stuff there Carlos ;)

Actually the Mod removed it. I didn't realize that it was an acronym for the male anatomy. I must have been thinking about something else.

You know actually you are a known name, do you still have connections? You might be a good candidate for The Smooch.

LMK.
Carlos.

I don't know if The Smooch would be right for me. I think I'm kinda on the outs with all those comittee folks. Seems like too much work anyway, I'd rather just play, collect and spout off opinions on occasion.
Sashlon
Posted: Tuesday, October 5, 2010 10:18:12 PM

OK then RollEyes
Fool
Posted: Tuesday, October 5, 2010 11:10:38 PM

Sure. I'm in. I'm washed up and a waste and not very well liked so I'm not sure what position that qualifies me for. How about The Fool?
Disturbed1
Posted: Tuesday, October 5, 2010 11:36:02 PM

I am not a committee!
Pericles
Posted: Wednesday, October 6, 2010 12:22:12 AM

If we're going to do this, let's do it right...

I hereby request that we establish the Universal Surveillance Board to monitor the activities of the Galactic Oversight Committee (GOC).

If Government has taught us anything, it's that bigger is better.

Flapper
billiv15
Posted: Wednesday, October 6, 2010 12:52:35 AM

I don't really see a point in making fun of The Celestial Warrior wanting to get something done for the good of the community. In fact it's kind of an insulting thing to do so. But I'm sure Shawn knew that the moment he made this thread anyways, and was part of his point. Shame on you, but we just expect this kind of behavior from you anyways, so I'm not sure there is a point in even posting about it.

Mods, please lock this garbage, as I don't possibly see what value there is in making fun of a person's attempt to organize something we all want (a serious look at the custom maps). Trying to derail community efforts shouldn't be something someone that supposedly cares about said community should be about. Oddly, I have yet to see Shawn in all his years of making fun of others, volunteer for anything. I guess it's pretty easy to be the peanut gallery when it's all about Shawn and no one else.

Brad is trying to do something to include the bloomilk community, let's not let someone derail that kind of community builder with their own self aggrandizement.
Darth Lucifer
Posted: Wednesday, October 6, 2010 12:57:31 AM

Vogons love bureaucracy, and i love Vogons!

yea!the more the merrier
stsparks72
Posted: Wednesday, October 6, 2010 1:55:54 AM

Fool wrote:
Sure. I'm in. I'm washed up and a waste and not very well liked so I'm not sure what position that qualifies me for. How about The Fool?

I like that idea.
LoboStele
Posted: Wednesday, October 6, 2010 2:02:17 AM

Mods, please lock this thread and/or move it to the Off-topic forum, as it has no business dealing with the general SWMs world.

And Shawn, I'll echo Bill's sentiments. Being someone who thought they knew you, this is deplorable behavior that you've shown on Bloomilk the last couple weeks, and is doing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to help keep this community together. I don't care if you think your HOF title is a joke or not, it's important to much of the rest of the community, both HOF members and non-members. To everybody. You're one of the longest standing players of the SWMs game, and one of the most well-recognized names around the forums. If you have nothing better to do with your time anymore than to harass other people for trying to keep the game alive, then please go find another game to play.
swinefeld
Posted: Wednesday, October 6, 2010 2:15:42 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Now that this thread has gone over to a personal level, I am locking it.

Everyone, if you think you see a troll - DON'T FEED IT