RegisterDonateLogin

Holding Vader's leash.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Several Squads Options
Nightwalker
Posted: Monday, March 30, 2009 11:06:24 AM
Groups: Member

Here are some of the many squad ideas that have been going through my head lately, not all necassarily from the newest set.

Please feel free to respond to one or even all of the squads listed here, any and all feedback is appreciated.

The following includes the squad name, each piece in the squad and there costs, followed by the total point cost and activations and a small bit of text of my thoughts on the squad or the idea around the squad.

Rebel Storm, now Rebel Swarm

47 Lukes Landspeeder
30 Chewbacca Rebel Hero
27 Han Smuggler
20 Princess Leia
17 Bothan Noble
17 Bothan Noble
18 R2D2 and C3P0
9 Dodana
3 ugnaught
3 ugnaught
3 ugnaught
3 ugnaught
3 ugnaught
~200 Pt. 13 Activations~

This is somewhat of a cookie cutter rebel squad with a typical han cannon and a load of support, usually han can get 4 shots off at the end of the round or at least 3 running 12 squares.

Fantastic Four

50 Han Galactic Hero
45 Mara Jade
48 Shadow Vao
26 Kyp Durron
10 Luke Force Spirit
9 Dodana
3 ugnaught
3 ugnaught
3 ugnaught
3 ugnaught
~200 Pt. 10 Activations~

The idea was a New Republic power house squad that didn't involve wedge. Han was chosen over kyle because of the new meta and running up against a thrawn squad, though i might want to try and take out something and fit kyle in there.

Can't Touch This Cade

61 Cade Bounty Hunter
47 Shaak Ti Jedi Master
26 Leia Bounty Hunter
14 General Reikan
18 Twi'Lek Black Sun Vigo
11 Human Bodygaurd
9 Dodanna
8 R2D2
3 ugnaught
3 ugnaught
~200 Pt. 10 Activations~

Some of you might look at this can go cade kool, shaak ti kool, leia wtf? But with the twilek she gets greater mobile and can run her full movement and double shockstaff smack somethign in hopes of activating it. The overall idea of the squad was to give things with double or multiple attacks more mobility.

Push to Death

48 Vaders Apprentice Redeemed
28 Luke Hoth Pilot
36 Yoda of Dagobah
44 Obi-Wan Unleashed
14 Reikan
11 Human Bodygaurd
9 Dodana
3 ugnaught
3 ugnaught
3 ugnaught
~199 Pt. 10 Activation~

Obviously the idea around this squad was force push and repulsers, the apprentice and luke can mobile out and use force push 4 and hdie aroudn corners and the evade also gives them some defence against ranged. Obi and yoda are there for spirit and force battery for extra repulses, besides yoda of dagobah is a fun annoying piece by himself.
We all love force stun 3 times in a row Laugh

Triple Threat

61 Cade Bounty Hunter
55 General Obi-Wan Kenobi
28 Dash Rendar
23 Panaka
9 R2 Astromech
8 Mas Amedda
5 Camasi Noble
5 Camasi Noble
3 ugnaught
3 ugnaught
~200 Pt. 10 Activations~

The idea behind this squad was obviously to give cade more defence and attack, at this point he basically hits anything and can stand still more often because he gets 28 defence in cover and can dodge attacks from many characters with low or average attack. Also R2 and Panaka give cade alot more mobility another option rather then the new reikan and twilek.

Shock Therapy

76 Darth Krayt
29 Dark Jedi Master
29 Dark Jedi Master
18 Lando DS
17 T3M4
11 Holo Sid
11 Human Bodygaurd
3 ugnaught
3 ugnaught
3 ugnaught
~200 Pt. 10 Activations~

This squad was mostly for fun, I might try replacing krayt and t3 and lando with more dark jedi and a smaller sith lord like amalak for some extra attack.

What 22??

55 General Obi
18 Old Gree
18 Wookie Elite Warrior
18 Wookie Elite Warrior
18 Wookie Elite Warrior
18 Wookie Elite Warrior
18 Wookie Elite Warrior
18 Wookie Elite Warrior
9 R2D2 Astromech
3 Ugnaught
3 Mouse Droid
3 Mouse Droid
~200 Pt. 12 Activations~

Since Joelker Suggested it here it si the funny wookie squad where the wookie elite warrior get 22 defence and 26 in cover.

Any thoughts?
Thanks for taking time to read the entire page Woot You have gained 250+ Reputations with the Nightwalker Faction and have now become freindly.

awesome
Posted: Monday, March 30, 2009 11:34:09 AM

On your rebel storm now rebel swarm, Id take out chewie and put in a elite rebel commando, and some others,
to me chewie isnt that great. but other wise I think its a pretty good cookie cutter.
amsnow
Posted: Monday, March 30, 2009 11:42:28 AM

when i got back into the game my first pull was var and someone gave me a luke hoth pilot, so i ran force pushing ALL the time, i still love it though
joelker41
Posted: Monday, March 30, 2009 12:13:27 PM

Quote:
Rebel Storm, now Rebel Swarm

47 Lukes Landspeeder
30 Chewbacca Rebel Hero
27 Han Smuggler
20 Princess Leia
17 Bothan Noble
17 Bothan Noble
18 R2D2 and C3P0
9 Dodana
3 ugnaught
3 ugnaught
3 ugnaught
3 ugnaught
3 ugnaught
~200 Pt. 13 Activations~

This is somewhat of a cookie cutter rebel squad with a typical han cannon and a load of support, usually han can get 4 shots off at the end of the round or at least 3 running 12 squares.

Good overall I however would take out a few Ugos for some Mouse Droids, that way the insanity of giving attacks doesn't have to be within 6 of the Speeder/Chewie/Han to work right. I do somewhat agree with the suggestion to take Chewie out mostly because his Repair and Gunner are wasted points but the Bodyguard we all know is awesome. I believe the same or similar effect can be done with a Human BG or other analog for much less (Besides Boba BH Disintegration on a 50 HP Landspeeder or 80 HP Chewie in the last round...who want to make that decision?).

Quote:
Fantastic Four

50 Han Galactic Hero
45 Mara Jade
48 Shadow Vao
26 Kyp Durron
10 Luke Force Spirit
9 Dodana
3 ugnaught
3 ugnaught
3 ugnaught
3 ugnaught
~200 Pt. 10 Activations~

The idea was a New Republic power house squad that didn't involve wedge. Han was chosen over kyle because of the new meta and running up against a thrawn squad, though i might want to try and take out something and fit kyle in there.

Another somewhat interesting combo. I like the Han usage, but not the Kyp usage. Kyp and Mara NEED Wedge to be effective in the current meta, sad but true. I would heavily consider dropping Kyp for Perhaps a Bith Black Sun Vigo and add 2 Mouse Droids (I know you don't have any you can borrow some of mine) that way Mara gets Evade and you actually have a good Ranged threat that doesn't fail vs. Ugos. Plus his Advantageous is nice if Han/Mara can't get within LOS or next to an enemy. Great finish off figure.

Quote:
Can't Touch This Cade

61 Cade Bounty Hunter
47 Shaak Ti Jedi Master
26 Leia Bounty Hunter
14 General Reikan
18 Twi'Lek Black Sun Vigo
11 Human Bodygaurd
9 Dodanna
8 R2D2
3 ugnaught
3 ugnaught
~200 Pt. 10 Activations~

Some of you might look at this can go cade kool, shaak ti kool, leia wtf? But with the twilek she gets greater mobile and can run her full movement and double shockstaff smack somethign in hopes of activating it. The overall idea of the squad was to give things with double or multiple attacks more mobility.

I say again, MOUSE DROID. If the Twi'lek is within Shaak Ti and Leia when they are using their Greater Mobile YoBuck or any figure that is capable of dishing 40 damage will take out that Vigo VERY fast. Also I don't like Leia in here in general simply because she can't hit the broadside of a Barn and if you win Init you aren't going to send her after something if you have Cade/Shaak able to hit first. I would take out Leia for a Bothan and 3 Ugos/Mice, giving you 13 activations. You can also upgrade to R2PO and skip additional Ugos/Mice. Either way, Leia has to go. In 150 she and Jarael will be fun and lethal, but 200 for a piece that already has Evade and only has a 9 attack...just say no.

Quote:
Push to Death

48 Vaders Apprentice Redeemed
28 Luke Hoth Pilot
36 Yoda of Dagobah
44 Obi-Wan Unleashed
14 Reikan
11 Human Bodygaurd
9 Dodana
3 ugnaught
3 ugnaught
3 ugnaught
~199 Pt. 10 Activation~

Obviously the idea around this squad was force push and repulsers, the apprentice and luke can mobile out and use force push 4 and hdie aroudn corners and the evade also gives them some defence against ranged. Obi and yoda are there for spirit and force battery for extra repulses, besides yoda of dagobah is a fun annoying piece by himself.
We all love force stun 3 times in a row

Oh good golly like the Pushers needed Mobile and Evade...you are sick puppy...not to mention mean!

I like the overall construction of it a lot, my suggestion would be to downgrade Obi to the normal version and take out an Ugo for R2 with Extended Sensor or just R2 if you don't have him. Door Control will be huge if you can get off a Push first round. I would suggest you invest in R2 with Extended Sensor.

Quote:
Triple Threat

61 Cade Bounty Hunter
28 Dash Rendar
23 Panaka
9 R2 Astromech
8 Mas Amedda
5 Camasi Noble
5 Camasi Noble
3 ugnaught
3 ugnaught
~200 Pt. 10 Activations~

The idea behind this squad was obviously to give cade more defence and attack, at this point he basically hits anything and can stand still more often because he gets 28 defence in cover and can dodge attacks from many characters with low or average attack. Also R2 and Panaka give cade alot more mobility another option rather then the new reikan and twilek.

I likey....

I do think however that dropping of the Camaasi and Dash for Rex would be FTW here though. I realize Rex doesn't benefit from Obi but with only 10 activations you will need to not have to rely on Opportunist. I also realize that leaves only Cade who really benefits from Obi but hey...

You could leave it as-is but no YoBuck or Accurate to clean out enemy activations and you will be outactivated by virtually everyone, even Sith/Vong/OR trash squads. I like the concept but the sad reality here is execution will be VERY hard to pull out. You could also since this squad isn't a get in your face squad necessarily once again reorganize to this:

61 Cade Bounty Hunter
33 Captain Rex
23 Panaka
9 R2 Astromech
4 Gran Raider (where you would Swap Camaasis usually they would die anyways)
3 Mouse Droid
3 Mouse Droid
3 ugnaught
3 ugnaught
3 ugnaught
~200 Pt. 11 Activations~

You get Rex, keep a swapper in the Gran, and have large field coverage for Panaka's CE with the Mice. I know Mice take more positioning to get right but if you opponent is attacking them instead of Obi/Cade I think they have accomplished their task IMO.

Quote:
Shock Therapy

76 Darth Krayt
29 Dark Jedi Master
29 Dark Jedi Master
18 Lando DS
17 T3M4
11 Holo Sid
11 Human Bodygaurd
3 ugnaught
3 ugnaught
3 ugnaught
~200 Pt. 10 Activations~

This squad was mostly for fun, I might try replacing krayt and t3 and lando with more dark jedi and a smaller sith lord like amalak for some extra attack.

I know you wanna slap me...but a Mouse Droid would help a lot.

*dodges incoming projectiles*

To me Lando just seems like meh filler, I would take him out and remove Krayt as you said for Malak, DLOTS and one more DJM to make it a full Lightning abuse squad. You have 6 points left for....you guessed it! 2 Mouse Droids! Yay!!!!

Lando's Opportunist just won't get used most games when your whole squad only has 10 activations and no door control. I like the thought...but throwing in a Shooter just to have a Shooter is just not that cool. If you wanted a Shooter I would go with a Geno (of Stephen O'Leary fame) and just park him behind a Caamasi in Gambit with a Mouse nearby and just let him keep Shooting/Poison Blading with FPs to spend.

Whew...that's a lot of squads to rate...

Nightwalker
Posted: Monday, March 30, 2009 12:20:28 PM

So basically after reading all that joelker has told me to remove x number of pieces from each squad for mouse droids LOL

throws projectiles!

i do agree witht he leia thing though, was just thinking some off the wall, need 26 points of something fun to put in there that sticks with the mobility theme of that squad...
Nightwalker
Posted: Monday, March 30, 2009 12:21:01 PM

I did not buy a case and therefore own 0 mouse droids /cry
joelker41
Posted: Monday, March 30, 2009 12:36:33 PM

I did say you could borrow Mice if you needed/wanted to I do have 4 of them...and am hoping to get more! ;)

I like most of the squads...perhaps I will make a thread with a few of my 200 point ideas and get feedback...just make a funny Obi/Wookie squad...WEWs with 22 defense = wrong...
Nightwalker
Posted: Monday, March 30, 2009 1:11:32 PM

What 22??

55 General Obi
18 Old Gree
18 Wookie Elite Warrior
18 Wookie Elite Warrior
18 Wookie Elite Warrior
18 Wookie Elite Warrior
18 Wookie Elite Warrior
18 Wookie Elite Warrior