RegisterDonateLogin

Re-released with special features.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Brotherly Duel 200 point edition. Options
General Ed
Posted: Tuesday, October 19, 2010 7:59:24 AM
Groups: Member

My brother decided to have a small skirmish. He is quite new to the game. 1 month playing runs Arcane Legions in our local gaming store. I'm using the same squad I used in Maryland on Sept. 28th (It's results are in another post under play reports)

His squad: General Obi-wan Kenobi; Lobot, Computer Liaison Officer; Antarian Ranger x2; HK-50 Assassin Droid; Crimson Nova Bounty Hunter; Ghhhk; Kintan Strider; Monnok; Clone Trooper.

My squad: Darth Vader, Unleashed; Emperor Palpatine On Throne; Trawn (Mitth'raw'nuruodo); Arica; Mas Amedda; Rodin Brute x3; R7 Astromech Droid x2; Caamasi Noble x3; Ugnaught Demolitionist x2

Map: Ruined Base

I set up out side with my Nobles lined up to make a straight line to the door. Arica was placed behind them. The R7s were placed 2 squares to both sides of of the Nobles. Vader was just beside the one R7 closest to the Command Center. I lined every one else up to make a line to the Command Center. Palpatine was placed in the Command Center as close to gambit as possible.

Brother set up Obi-wan, the 2 Rangers and, Lobot in the Detention Cellblock. Ghhhk, Strider and, Monnok in Cargo Bay 2. HK-50, Crimson Nova and, the Clone center of Cargo Bay 1.

Round 1: Brother goes first. Charges Lobot forward 12 squares and opens no doors. I Send one Caamasi to the door beside the Armory and another 12 squares forward. He sends HK-50 and the Crimson Nova straight a head one square away from the door in gambit. I moved another Caamasi forward 12 and 1 brute into the Command Center. He then moved Obi 12 squares and the Ghhhk. I moved 2 more of my brutes in with the other. He sent his clone forward to the HK and Nova. I moved Mas and Thrawn to the entry of the Command Center, no swap. He moved his Monnok and Strider up with the Ghhhk. I moved the Ugnaughts to the opening of the Command Center. He moves his Last Ranger up beside the other. I then move and R7 beside the one corner of the turret nearest the Command Center to open the door between my Nobles and his characters in Gambit. I next activate Arica and spend one of Palpatines force points for Blaster Barrage. Took out the Crimson Nova, the Clone and put 40 on HK. I then move Arica forward 6 squares. I then activate Palpatine and Vader. Move Vader over to see HK and spend 4 of Palpatines points to use Force Grip 40 on HK. Move R7 to behind the armory.

Round 2: I go first and activate Palpatine. He moves one Obi-wan to open the door and a Ranger across to take a shot. Forgetting he can't target the nobles or Arica he is left with Thrawn as the nearest target. His Ranger at this point is attacking at a +15 and hits for 20. I then move Mas into the Command Center behind The Turbo Lift and put an Uggie between Thrawn and the hallway. He moves his Monnok just around the corner in front of the Turbo Lift and his Ghhhk behind him. I spin 2 Brutes. He moves the other Ranger up beside his other one and kills the Uggie and then moves his Strider up so he is beside the Turbo Lift. I move one Brute into the Hall with his Rangers keeping one square away from them and activate my other uggie moving him into the center of the Command Center. He activates Lobot closing the door behind my brute. I then move my R7 and open the door to the Commander's Office. I move my Other R7 and open the other door to the Commander's Office. I activate Thrawn moving him in beside Mas. I swap Arica and the Brute. I then Activate Arica use one of Palpatine's force points on blaster barrage. Deal 20 to Ghhhk, 40 to Monnok, roll a miss and 2 crits on both Rangers dealing 30 to each, hit Obi he Soresus it miss the twin reroll it with her force and miss, and kill Lobot. I then move Arica back. Next I place my Nobles in a line in front of his Ranger blocking him off. And Move Vader Forward down the Hall right in front of Arica. (I notice now while writing the the door wasn't open for Arica to move through)

Round 3: I go first activating Palpatine. He moves his Ghhhk forward and unleashes Painful Screech killing all my nobles and one of his Rangers. He then Shot with the other Ranger and crits Vader for 40, I miss my Dark Armor, then he moved back 3 squares. I then move Arica forward and spend Palpatine's last force point to Blaster Barrage again. I kill the Ranger Hit Obi and he Soresu's it, then I miss and reroll with another hit and he Soresu's it, too. I Hit Monnok once and miss then hit Ghhhk both times killing him. I Activate Vader move six towards Obi and use Palpatines force to Force Grip Obi for 40. He then moves Obi-wan to base Vader and attacks him, hitting for 20. And moves his Strider inside the Commander's Office. I then Lock the door between the Office and Command Center with one R7 and charge one of my Uggie to get between the Monnok and Arica. He Kills off my Uggie with the Monnok. I move the rest of my Brutes to striking distance of Obi-wan. Spin the remaining pieces.

Round 4: I go first with Palpatine. He then Moves his Strider back 12 towards gambit. Next activates Obi-wan hitting Vader for another 40. I Activate Vader hitting him for 40. I then base with a Brute and hit for another 20. He charges Vader with Monnok and misses. I kill the Monnok with Arica and then move my other Brute to attack Obi-wan missing. I move around a few other pieces and swap no one.

Round 5: I go first Activating Vader and killing Obi-wan. He does a Charging Assault +10 against Vader needing 17 to hit a crit to kill. Just misses with a 16. Is killed off that round by Arica and 2 Brutes.
Billy Dooku
Posted: Tuesday, October 19, 2010 9:57:16 AM

Nice report!!

My first tought was that the squad match-up wasn't fair but that doesn't matter. He's gonna learn that Blaster Barrage is dangerous!!
General Ed
Posted: Tuesday, October 19, 2010 12:08:12 PM

Thanks! My first attempt at posting a play by play. It really is the best squad he can make with what he has. I know the match up was horribly against him. We only had so much time and I had that squad already picked out from when I used it. I guess I could have slapped something together quickly. On the plus side I made sure to give pointers and helped a little with things to watch out for.