RegisterDonateLogin

Cheaper than a Universe booster.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Weekly Group in DC/Balt? Options
Firespray
Posted: Tuesday, October 5, 2010 9:05:18 AM
Groups: Member

Hey everyone,
Just hoping there are some people in the DC/Balt area that have a group going or would like to help start one. Would love to get some regular gameplay started. Please let me know if you are interested or know of a group in the area.
LeftiesWillRule
Posted: Wednesday, October 6, 2010 10:07:06 PM

I live in Dover, DE, which is probably about 1 hr to 1 1/2 hour away from you; too far for regular play, but every once in a while would be nice.

You might want to check out the SWM event Demosthenes is organizing in Maryland. It should be pretty close to you.
Jay_Bounty_Hunter
Posted: Wednesday, October 13, 2010 4:20:19 AM

Hey guys, I'm in the Rockville area through the week. I normally go home to WV on the weekends though. I would love to get a group going too if anyone is interested in playing weekday evenings. If you find anything let me know.
Jedicartographer
Posted: Wednesday, October 13, 2010 5:47:58 AM

I grew up in Frederick, but I only really get up there on the weekends.

Firespray
Posted: Thursday, October 14, 2010 5:52:16 AM

I am currently looking into securing a location, possibly in the Columbia MD area. It's not set in stone, but hopefully we can get something going. I'm trying to get something for like every Wed or every other Wed night. Like 6-8 pmish. I will be out of town for a week, but then when I get back will be working on it again. If anyone knows of a good spot, please let me know.
thalaric
Posted: Thursday, October 14, 2010 6:02:59 AM

Unfortunately living in NoVA, getting out to Columbia on a weeknight is a no-go for me. However if you guys get something going on a weekend I could come out ocassionally.
Demosthenes
Posted: Thursday, October 14, 2010 6:43:27 AM

thalaric: While they work on maybe doing weekend stuff, we're having Tournaments every couple of weeks here in Southern MD. I know it's a hike for you, but we'd love to have you up here when you're free. We're actually having a Tourney this weekend - check the Events section if you're available at all. =)
Jay_Bounty_Hunter
Posted: Thursday, October 14, 2010 9:47:38 AM

@Firespray: I would definitely be interested in coming to Columbia if you can find a place. It's about 23 miles from where I'm at. There is a place called Dreamwizards here in Rockville and they play all kinds of games. Big place actually, but no one ever plays SWM. Keep me posted.
Archdeluxe
Posted: Thursday, November 4, 2010 6:22:05 AM

I would be interested in events in Columbia pls keep me posted.
Firespray
Posted: Friday, November 5, 2010 12:49:29 AM

Great to hear. I've recently got back from Vacation, and am back to working on finding a place. Still haven't gotten an official confirmation from the store I'm talking to, but if anyone else already knows of a place I am open to meeting anywhere in the area.
Demosthenes
Posted: Friday, November 5, 2010 6:20:14 AM

If you have an event the week after Christmas, you can count me in. I'll be back in Montgomery County that week!
Firespray
Posted: Saturday, November 6, 2010 9:09:48 AM

Ok....so it sounds like we got a place to play in Columbia MD. I am planning on setting it up for Tuesday nights from about 6-8pm. I want to see what everyone thinks about this time and day, and get an idea for how many people we could be potentially expecting. So please post here if you think you would be interested in meeting on a regular basis, and if this time and location works out for you. Thanks.
Jay_Bounty_Hunter
Posted: Monday, November 8, 2010 6:18:14 AM

Count me in, just let me know when and where.
swrogue57
Posted: Friday, November 12, 2010 11:35:14 AM

In case you are interested, we have regular tournaments (every other Saturday night) in Fredericksburg, VA. We have a decent sized group (usually 6-12) who play regularly. I know it may be a little farther than Columbia, but its an option. I'm also trying to organize a DotF release tournament for Dec. 11 if the printable cards will be released by then. Let me know if you're interested.
Firespray
Posted: Saturday, November 13, 2010 5:33:05 AM

Ok....looks like we are good for Tuesday Evenings. We can start this Tuesday (16 Nov). BigGrin Here is the location information:

Comics to Astonish
9400 Snowden River Pkwy #112
Columbia, MD 21045
410-381-2732

The owner seemed really nice and has some tables in the back that he said we can use. We'll play from 6:00-8:00pm this Tues. and then go from there. For the first week I suggest we play 200pt games, although I am flexible if anyone has some other format they prefer. In the future we can mix in different formats/scenario's as we see fit. I know we may be starting with only a couple of people, but to be honest, if there is at least one other person there that I can play with....then I'm happy. Please post if you plan on coming this Tuesday, and let me know if you have any questions.