RegisterDonateLogin

To pass it up is a big mistake-y.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Fearsome Foursome Options
cicrush13
Posted: Tuesday, November 9, 2010 4:27:51 AM
Groups: Member

My buddy and I decided to play a game of fearsome foursome on some of the maps we got at GenCon. We mostly played figures we have never played with before to make it a little more interesting.

My Squad:
Jedi Exile
Cad Bane
Cade Skywalker BH
Zuckuss BH

His Squad:
Emperor Roan Fel
Antares Draco
Boba Fett BH
Darth Vader Sith Apprentice

Map: (I think Map Pack 4) The snowy canyon map.

We set up and move directly into the building, cautiously opening doors. Me having the upper hand due to the massive range, I'm a little more aggressive. After the first 2 rounds, I have gambit and secured the middle room of the building. He seperates his forces, Boba and Vader together and then Draco and Fel together. Draco and Fel took the long way around and Boba and Vader came right in. I was able to drop Vader quickly with Triple Twins from Cade and Cad. After 3 rounds, he's down Boba and greatly outnumbered. I win init and used repusle from Exile to hit boba closing the door. He moved in with Draco and Fel to the Exile. A few shot damaging both figures, end round 3. Round 4, I quickly take out Fel and leave Draco by himself. Draco hits Exile twice and Exile attempts to double, he blocks and rolls a 19, Exile can do no damage, great. Cad drops Draco and Boba opens the door, end round 4. Round 5 starts with a disentigration of Zuckuss and Boba being repulsed again. I move into position and let triple twins fly from Cad, only needing 2 to hit. He missed his evades and game over.

This is a fun new format that we have been playing and it has some fun synergy possibilities too. We played 4 figures up to 200 points and faction rule applied. Quite fun. We played 4 games that night, I won all 4.
jlbm347
Posted: Monday, November 22, 2010 6:56:17 AM

Pretty Cool. Just a note, I play Imperial Knights all the time, Cortosis Gauntlets is only -20 damage, if your exile got a critical hit then it would still do 20 damage. 40 -20 =20 so making the attacks are still worth it.
cicrush13
Posted: Tuesday, November 23, 2010 5:40:39 AM

funny how you mention that since I did crit after that lol. Now I find out.

Anyways this has been a ton of fun on some short games that allow more high point figures.

I know some people thing up to 200 is iffy, we have been playing 198-200 points so there is no room for another figure to fit in. This does help eliminate a few options in figures.
Durge4-LOM
Posted: Sunday, November 28, 2010 11:47:23 AM

@jlbm347: I'm pretty sure that you get -20 damage, effectively giving that character 0 damage. 0x2=0 damage. But don't quote me.