RegisterDonateLogin

Is what Obi-Wan offered Dr. Evazan.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Vassal Tournament! 150 pts constructed, 12/17 (Fri) at 8 p.m. EST Options
TheStarkiller
Posted: Saturday, November 13, 2010 12:45:56 AM
Groups: Member

As the title says. I would love to play some SWM in tournament style. This is the last day of work for me before the Christmas break, so I could run this tournament. I am also going to make a tournament for the sunday following for those people who can't make friday.

Come one, come all! The 150 point restriction is to make sure games have enough time to play out (since it is generally agreed that vassal takes more time). The regular DCI rules will be in effect, accounting for the inclusion of the Destiny of the Force virtual set that (i believe) will be released by this date.

The festivities will begin at 8 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (5 p.m. Pacific/10 a.m. Japan/12 noon Sydney, Australia/etcetera...)
The players will be matched up in the first 15 minutes, so the 1st game should end by 9 p.m. In addition, I am sure swiss rounds won't go past 4, so we should be out of there by midnight (EST).

I reccomend using Skype (it's free and easy) for those people who have microphones, as it expedites the vassal games. (My name on skype is lffiris[Luke Iris])

If anyone has the program to use for swiss rounds, it would be appreciated that they send it to me and give me a rundown, or just volunteer!

Hope to see you there!
TheStarkiller
Posted: Friday, December 10, 2010 11:42:20 PM

This info has been up for a while, so I hope that everyone has had a chance to look at it.

Could you just write a quick message if you are planning on attending this one?

Also, does anybody know when the V-set actually comes out? I was assuming it would be out by now, so we might have to cancel those pieces being usable in this tournament if it is not out yet by this week.
Weeks
Posted: Saturday, December 11, 2010 3:25:42 AM

I'm down for this. Sounds like fun.
bigphesta
Posted: Friday, December 17, 2010 8:14:33 AM

I am in
TheStarkiller
Posted: Friday, December 17, 2010 10:23:27 AM

all right guys. I am so sorry, but since 5:45 I have been working on my main computer which is losing it's main harddrive. I am trying frantically to work vassal on my laptop that hasn't run it in 2 years and doesn't want to work for me. I will try to keep going, but if you guys have skype, you can talk to me, and I will join you as soon as I am able.
Jonnyb815
Posted: Thursday, December 23, 2010 6:48:17 AM

Wow this just shows that you cant be trusted..................

TheStarkiller
Posted: Saturday, December 25, 2010 12:51:19 PM

Jonnyb815 wrote:
Wow this just shows that you cant be trusted..................

No matter what you say about me, I will never stop apologizing for my mistakes. I just believe it is good manners.