RegisterDonateLogin

What a piece of junk!

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

R2 or dodona Options
vanlanning
Posted: Tuesday, April 7, 2009 12:55:52 PM
Groups: Member

I'm building a squad, and I have 10 points left. I have no door control except one door gimmick, and only 4 other activations. Do you think I should add a dodona or R2 with extnded sensor, or something else? Why?
awesome
Posted: Tuesday, April 7, 2009 1:23:13 PM

Dodona is needed to out activate people, and who is the door gimmick?
Usually they SUCK because people with door gimmick could usually be replaced with R2 extended sensor, if the door gimmick costs more than 16pnts put in an elite rebel commando.

you need door controll, and activation controll, to give you the upper hand.
vanlanning
Posted: Tuesday, April 7, 2009 1:30:52 PM

the door gimmick is mission vao, which means it is obvious that I didn't get her for the door gimmick, but I am in a 100 point situation, so i can't take one piece apart without tearing up the whole squad balance. I need to know which character would give me the upper hand more, because I could use either and still do well,m but no two characters are exactly equal, so who do you thin is better?
awesome
Posted: Tuesday, April 7, 2009 1:39:07 PM

Well in your situation Id say if you have alot of activations and cunning go for R2,
but if you have very little activations and alot of opportunist than go for dodana.

I usually use dodana to be anoying, cause there sitting there activating 2 at a time and Im sitting there going dodana spins.

If you know they have alot of door controll go for R2, because they could just open and close doors all day.
ArtemisCFrog43
Posted: Tuesday, April 7, 2009 1:55:36 PM

I agree with Awesome, but I'd alos toss out there that I would probably add three Uggie Demolitionists to up the activation totalt and aloow you to blow open any locked doors.

What exactly are you putting together. It might help if we see the whole squad and maybe what minis you have so we can help you out.
awesome
Posted: Tuesday, April 7, 2009 1:58:46 PM

Yes, Im pretty good at making rebel/sith squads.
Jester007
Posted: Tuesday, April 7, 2009 2:25:55 PM

ArtemisCFrog43 wrote:

What exactly are you putting together. It might help if we see the whole squad and maybe what minis you have so we can help you out.

Yes please, if you would. I can think of a couple better choices than Mission Vao. I want to help a fellow player out, and also see what other people think to get a little diversity.

Sincerely,
Jester007
vanlanning
Posted: Tuesday, April 7, 2009 2:40:24 PM

here it is:
mission vao
riekian
Twile black sun vigo
calo nord
(9 points)

Like I said, I didn't get mission for the gimmick, and here I have 2 greater mobling doublers, one melee and one gunning.
awesome
Posted: Wednesday, April 8, 2009 8:30:59 AM

Id take Calo, and mission out for the R2, and luke skywalker champion of the force.

and for the last 9pnts put in dodana

luke champion rocks, you could greater mobile attack, then use "use the force" then flury basicly 2 attacks for 80 damage. and hes harder to hit than mission and calo.
vanlanning
Posted: Wednesday, April 8, 2009 8:36:08 AM

I would if I did have luke champion...
harmonm4
Posted: Wednesday, April 8, 2009 9:06:44 AM

ThumpUp I like the build. I like how you're using Calo and Mission. It's hard to use expensive pieces like them, and giving them each evade, mobile attack and greater mobile are going to make them more worth their points. This may not be the best squad, but I would say it's solid at 100 points.

Personally, with 9 points, I would add 2 ugnaught demolitionists and a mouse droid if you have them. Having one door gimmick and 2 satchel charging minis will be sufficient door control at 100 points. Using ugnaught demolitionists will also up your activations to a decent 7 which is also solid at 100 points.

If you do not have ugnaught demolitionists and mouse droids, I would recommend those minis before you buy any others. They are so easy to put into a squad and make a decent squad far better.

Personally, I like Luke CotF, but I really like what you are doing with this build and I will honestly say, you are not far behind that build in any way.

Sure he has 2 higher defense than Mission and Calo, but in every other way, you are almost getting a better combo with the versatility the Mission and Calo combo bring which will allow you to adjust to more squads. Not to mention, Luke isn't going to be able to use "use the force" usually more than 2 times at 100 points, and mission and calo are actually going to do as much or more damage than Luke will in one round.