RegisterDonateLogin

Gives you that wonderful Chiss tan...

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

PA Winter Gaming Convention Options
General Ed
Posted: Monday, December 13, 2010 3:52:44 AM
Groups: Member

I will be running a Clone Wars scenario on Saturday January 15th from 12-4 (possibly later) If it wraps up early enough I intend to hold a Booster Draft Tournament using the new V-set along with one other set. Let me know if you can make it. I intend to offer prize support depending on turn out. Will just be asking for at least $3 from everyone that is participating in prizes. The convention info can be found below along with a link to the FaceBook page. I hope to see you there.

Convention admission is $6.00 per day, many events are free or a nominal charge.
Bring your badge with you from your last attended convention from us and take $1/day off the onsite purchase price! (and for all three days that's three dollars... hey - three dollars is three dollars... does not apply to pre-registration)
This year's location is the Capital Area Moose Lodge 107, 6 Verbeke Street, Marysville, PA 17053-1431.
Doors open at 10:00AM and close at 11:00PM.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_108711869198441&ref=notif&notif_t=group_activity
Zalkrie
Posted: Monday, December 13, 2010 8:30:48 PM

Sounds good Ed....I will definately try to plan ahead to be there!!
General Ed
Posted: Tuesday, December 14, 2010 7:06:02 AM

One change up. The booster draft shall be 125 points using the V-set only. So for those coming just bring 2 of every non unique in the set and you'll be set.
Eroschilles
Posted: Wednesday, December 15, 2010 6:12:47 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

I would like to attend, but unfortunately I have to do this Bookbagto Breifcase semniar which is supposed to help me transition from student to proffessional that weekend. Hopefully I can come up and play some other time tho. Crying
General Ed
Posted: Wednesday, January 12, 2011 3:17:59 AM

Just to let people know the event is still on for this Saturday. I hope to see you there.
Firespray
Posted: Thursday, January 13, 2011 7:04:58 AM

Do we need to bring anything for the clone war scenario? or are you bringing all of that?
General Ed
Posted: Monday, January 17, 2011 1:53:56 AM

Sorry for not getting back to this in time. Didn't have to bring anything.

Game went well. Baccara, 4 Galactic Marines, General Skywalker, Ashoka Tano, and R2-D2 managed to wipe out nearly all the original droids on the bored. Only 2 people came to play the game. Strung out between 3 maps. They had to save Padame and 3 other diplomats. Secondary objective was to disband Dooku and the council meeting. I allowed them to bring in another premade team if their first one was eliminated (using any of the turbo lifts, it was the only way to make up for the lack of interest) So they made good head way with the first team. The Galactic Marines managed to out last Skywalker, Ashoka, and R2. The next group brought in was KIadi Mundi, Luminara Jedi Knight, and Barris Jedi Master. With Baccara still left those 4 managed to free Amidala and the diplomats along with taking down the Count. They were all eventually taken out by the 3rd droid reinforcement. 2 B3 Ultra Battle Droids and 16 Battle Droids.

Where it had potential to be a lot of fun it lacked in fun for me due to # of players. I was looking forward to at least 4 other people joining in. On the plus side I was able to come back on Sunday to play. I wasn't sure I was going to be able. I brought 2 AT-ATs and with out actually playing them I managed to attract a few people to the game. Got one to want to start playing and showed a 100 point skirmish. Guess it just proves that this game has a lot of life still in it and that big toys bring people. LOL! Where was the enthusiasm for the game Saturday? I was told by the guy running the con that people were asking if I was coming back. May the Force be with all of us.
Demosthenes
Posted: Monday, January 17, 2011 2:07:32 AM

Sorry to hear the turnout wasn't high. I hope you'll have more events up there in the future that I can bring my crew up to! In the meantime, want to come to our event down here next weekend? *shameless plug* lol