RegisterDonateLogin

Will train this boy.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Pa-Md 2011 Star Wars Miniatures Regional event Options
Darth_Jim
Posted: Wednesday, January 5, 2011 2:21:59 PM
Groups: Member

*Edit Wednesday, January 12, 2011*

Well, it is happening again. I waited until my store owner gave me the go ahead to post the regional information. In the meantime, unbeknownst to either of us, the township rented the hall out from under him. (Even though he followed their directions as to when to register by the letter and showed up at 10am the day they were supposed to open for registration. It seems the previous month someone had reserved it even though they wouldn't let Charlie do the same thing.) So...the regional will NOT be at the address below. We are working on relocating and have found another location but it is not ideal. (No food or drink allowed...but it is next to a restaurant.) Once we finalize things I will repost and fix all of this mess. Hey...what is the Pa-Md regional without venue issues?

-Darth Jim

Where: Lemoyne Community Building
510 Herman Ave
Lemoyne Pa, 17043

When: Saturday, April 30th, 2011

Cost: 15$

Prize support: GenCon badge (depending on attendance), 2 booster cases (Also subject to attendance)

Tournament Organizer: Jim McNaney

Judge: Jim McNaney

Sponsor: That Game Place
230 S 8th St
Lemoyne, Pa 17043
Charlie and Jasmin, store owners
717-761-8988

Time: Registration begins at 10am, event at 11am

Please note that while this event is sponsored by the same store that hosted it last year, it is NOT at the same location. Pictures of the new venue can be viewed on the store web site under 'convention'. Here is the web site: http://www.thatgamestore.com/index.htm
TreebeardTheEnt
Posted: Thursday, January 6, 2011 9:45:24 AM

I look forward to it.
Jonnyb815
Posted: Thursday, January 6, 2011 12:57:16 PM

Sorry I cant make it but my poster for the event will be there for me. So if you get done early and want to play a game with me just tell the poster and he will play again with you.
Zalkrie
Posted: Thursday, January 6, 2011 9:46:40 PM

Wow....this is awsome Jim!!! Glad it is finalized already......and no last minute looking for a new location this year!! LOL
spryguy1981
Posted: Friday, January 7, 2011 8:13:52 AM

I'm excited now for my list of things to do.

Steal another Line of Sight!!!
Steal all the Prize Support!!!
Steal a slobberknocker of a win!!!
and oh yeah Steal the GenCon badge.

Weeks
Posted: Friday, January 7, 2011 12:19:26 PM

I may be able to make this. I got a new job so i'll have some extra cash to make crazy road trips this year. Hopefully I'll be able to make it out.
Darth_Jim
Posted: Friday, January 7, 2011 12:46:13 PM

Matt, David...if you two DO make it up, I will invoke Judge's Perogative and get a 'That's What She Said' team photo.

Tom, I will ask you only to take that photo this year lol.
Darth_Jim
Posted: Wednesday, January 12, 2011 12:15:55 PM

Please read the edit to the initial post.
Darth_Jim
Posted: Saturday, January 29, 2011 1:15:37 PM

Due to my wife's physical condition, I won't be able to organize and run a regional in my area.
Demosthenes
Posted: Saturday, January 29, 2011 1:38:01 PM

In honor of all that Jim's done for the community, and as a show of solidarity for him and his family in this trying time, I've decided (with some encouragement from Jim) that I'll take up the organizing of the PA-MD Regional. Along with my friend Ted, we'll be getting everything together so that this event won't miss a beat.

We're looking at a couple places as far as venues go, and because of Ted's locality, it will probably be in the Baltimore area. Hopefully this will be amiable to all those involved, and I hope that all who planned to go to the prior location will come to this location as well! If you have any ideas for prize support or anything else, do not hesitate to send me a Bloo Mail, all ideas are welcome. I'll keep everyone updated as I figure out logistics for this event, but don't worry, it will happen!

God Bless your wife and your family, Jim, and the whole Star Wars Minis Community is hoping you all the best. =)
Darth_Jim
Posted: Saturday, January 29, 2011 2:00:21 PM

Thank you so much for your kind thoughts and words. I will help you as much as I can. Depending on her condition, I may even be able to attend. (Obviously that would be a gameday decision though.) Certainly I will promote it with my guys. Feel free to use this thread to promote your event, even if you've already started your own thread.
swrogue57
Posted: Saturday, January 29, 2011 4:24:39 PM

Good for you Justin, for taking over for Jim. Its always nice to have a friend you can count on in a time of need. I still plan on coming along with a few others from VA. The Baltimore area will definitely be a little closer for us. I too am wishing Jim and his family the best.

Roy (drkjedi35 on swmgamers.com)