RegisterDonateLogin

I never doubted Bloo Milk for a second! Wonderful!

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Retired Squad Rankings Options
billiv15
Posted: Friday, April 3, 2009 7:43:56 AM
Groups: Member

What about retiring top ranked squads from the official rankings after a certain period of time (perhaps after 6 months on the top 5 of a given format). Or maybe simply making an all time great squad group and moving those squads that have been at the top for a while to there every so often (4 months maybe) ala shoebox.

That way, people are less inclined to rate a good squad poorly later on, and we get some rotation in the top squads. Might help spice things up a bit, and people will always come and have a look at a squad located in an "All Time Great" link anyways.

Just and idea given that we have just made one year of bloomilk and Speedy Cannon could probably be removed from the top rankings since its now a 20 month old squad :)
ChuckaFett
Posted: Friday, April 3, 2009 8:48:29 AM
Groups: Member , Trade Moderator

The idea has been discussed, see this thread.
billiv15
Posted: Monday, April 6, 2009 11:08:41 AM

ChuckaFett wrote:
The idea has been discussed, see this thread.

Actually, that isn't at all what I am talking about. Calling it a Hall of Fame has certain other connotations that I am not sure Shinja would want to get into.

However, making a much less grandious, retired squads, or All Time Great Squads section that is still a sortable link in the drop down's is a better idea.

I agree its similar to what some people were suggesting in that thread, but I stopped reading after the first couple of posts because calling it "Hall of Fame" comes with many problems I would not suggest using it.
ChuckaFett
Posted: Monday, April 6, 2009 2:55:01 PM
Groups: Member , Trade Moderator

Just trying to point out that the idea had been discussed by others, and that Shinja had replied at one time thinking it was a good idea as well. A name's a name, but the idea's the same.
shinja
Posted: Wednesday, April 8, 2009 5:08:11 AM
Groups: Administration

The Top Squads listed on the My Squads page are now squads that were created within the last 4 months.

There is a new page for all-time Top Squads available at http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/TopSquads.aspx .
billiv15
Posted: Wednesday, April 8, 2009 7:52:11 AM

shinja wrote:
The Top Squads listed on the My Squads page are now squads that were created within the last 4 months.

There is a new page for all-time Top Squads available at http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/TopSquads.aspx .

Awesome!!! I hope this will help alleviate some of the ranking issues :)
Dead horse
Posted: Thursday, April 9, 2009 8:30:13 AM

Got a problem and a suggestion:

In the account page, I keep trying to change my time zone, add a little personal info, and let myself be notified via email when I get Bloo Mail or squad comments. I've tried it about a half dozen times but it won't take. I'm using Firefox 3.0.8 on Windows Vista if that helps.

Also, a suggestion: I'm in the middle of trying to trade the 300 minis I know I'll never use and it's a lot to keep track of. Would it be possible, when viewing another members' wants & trades, to have a column with checkmarks next to the mini showing whether it's on your want list (for their trades page) or whether it's on your trades list (for their wants). The actual trades by user page is really great, it's just after a week of having three tabs open and trying to keep track of everything I thought of this.
Lambalazar
Posted: Tuesday, April 14, 2009 4:48:05 PM

I was dissapointed that my squad was gone from the top five, then I saw this. I'm number freaking 3, baby!

The squad's still in the top five 150, too. It's just not mine, haha.

This makes me really happy. Time to let the new generation in, eh, billiv?