RegisterDonateLogin

Affinity: Your squad may contain Bloo Milk, regardless of faction.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

April Seattle Games Options
keith
Posted: Friday, April 15, 2011 11:26:16 AM
Groups: Member

pkirby wrote:
Hi new to the area and am having trouble finding people to play with, where do you guys play and how often?

Thanks,

What city are you from?
Desslok
Posted: Saturday, April 16, 2011 1:44:21 AM

As far as the one-off goes, it would have to be Sunday for me (or early Saturday - like before noon). Saturday from about 2 onwards is my usual RPG day while I have absolutely nothing going on Sundays at all.
ChadB
Posted: Monday, April 18, 2011 1:41:50 AM

pkirby wrote:
Hi new to the area and am having trouble finding people to play with, where do you guys play and how often?

Thanks,

We play every other Thursday at 6:15 at Join us at 6:15pm at Gary's Games
( 8539 Greenwood Avenue North, Seattle, WA 98103-3613 )

We've got a game coming up this Thursday:

Thursday, April 21st - 6:15
200 Points - Up to 4 characters. No override. 1 activation per turn.

If you can make it that would be awesome!
nuksaa
Posted: Monday, April 18, 2011 11:11:16 AM

keith wrote:
Due to changes in work duties, Thursdays are now impossible for me to get to Seattle by 6. I have Sat/Sun off now.
I don't want to mess up the schedule, so is there any interest in doing a one-off Sat or Sun game? Maybe start earlier so we get more than 2 hours and just do a big event? I have some SWM stuff I need to find a home for to offer up as a grand prize. I would be bringing myself plus 3 other players. Plus the light up crystal caves map.

Willing to do a Saturday or Sunday get together. Depends on how many people and location.
Desslok
Posted: Tuesday, April 19, 2011 7:59:03 AM

Hey guys -

So my new job is already calling on me to do overtime (possibly). So depending on how things shake out over the next couple of days, I might not be able to show up this Thursday. We'll see how things go, but just giving you the heads up so you can plan accordingly.
keith
Posted: Tuesday, April 19, 2011 2:45:35 PM

The game has to be after May 2nd so my girlfriend can attend and has to be a Sunday so we get Desslok (who is also Brad's ride I believe). We can plan the best date to be able to get as many players as we can and start early to make a big day out of it. If the Seattle shop won't work, I know a great place in Federal Way.

We can always do a half-time break and order some pizzas to the shop or run to a happy hour with half priced appetizers real quick.

I guess get everyones opinion on which sunday after May 2nd is best. (even if it means the event is a month or two out)
ChadB
Posted: Wednesday, April 20, 2011 1:06:19 AM

keith wrote:
The game has to be after May 2nd so my girlfriend can attend and has to be a Sunday so we get Desslok (who is also Brad's ride I believe). We can plan the best date to be able to get as many players as we can and start early to make a big day out of it. If the Seattle shop won't work, I know a great place in Federal Way.

We can always do a half-time break and order some pizzas to the shop or run to a happy hour with half priced appetizers real quick.

I guess get everyones opinion on which sunday after May 2nd is best. (even if it means the event is a month or two out)

I'm fine with a Sunday, but I wouldn't be able to make it until after 1:00 at the absolute earliest if we go that route.
pkirby
Posted: Wednesday, April 20, 2011 4:48:46 AM

I live in Kirkland but can drive over to North Seattle no problem. I will be there tomorrow for the 200 point game, no worries if I end up being extra. I can at least meet you guys and check out a new place. My wife would much prefer I play on the weekends.....so will look forward to when the May game gets scheduled as well.

Thanks,
Pete
Desslok
Posted: Thursday, April 21, 2011 6:35:16 AM

Well, I got good news and bad news - the good news is that I'll be able to afford that studio light kit I have my eye on from just my first paycheck alone. The bad news is that I'll probably be staying late tonight, meaning that I'll be leaving here just about the time you guys are getting together.

blasted shame too, I wanted to wheel out my Grand Master Luke tonight. Ah well. . . .

***EDIT***
Yup, change that probably to a certainty. Even if I jet right NOW, I wouldn't get down there in time. Have fun storming the castle without me!
nuksaa
Posted: Thursday, April 21, 2011 7:29:10 AM

Weekends will work better in the long term due to a change in work schedule for myself in the upcoming months. I'll be there tonight so, hopefully, there will be several who will be there tonight.
keith
Posted: Thursday, April 21, 2011 12:39:12 PM

Wish I could have been there,

My team would have been:

Blizzard Scout 1
AT-ST
Wookie Hunter AT-ST
Jorrus C'Baoth

Anyone have anything notable to report?
ChadB
Posted: Friday, April 22, 2011 11:22:39 AM

After talking with everyone last night it sounds like a permanent move to the weekend would work better for everyone.

I talked with the store and it sounds like either Saturday or Sunday would work. They do have a D&D group that meets on Saturday, but it sounds like there is room for us either way.

Here are the times that would probably work best.

Saturdays at 9:30 or 10:00am (That way Desslok can make it before his afternoon thing.)

Sundays at 1:00 or 2:00 (NOTE: The store closes at 5:00 on Sunday)

My vote would be for Saturday morning. Sunday afternoons are really tricky for me to make, in fact I likely wouldn't be able to get there until 2:00 at the earliest.

Either way we go we'd get more game time then we have now.
keith
Posted: Saturday, April 23, 2011 5:54:02 AM

ChadB wrote:
After talking with everyone last night it sounds like a permanent move to the weekend would work better for everyone.

I talked with the store and it sounds like either Saturday or Sunday would work. They do have a D&D group that meets on Saturday, but it sounds like there is room for us either way.

Here are the times that would probably work best.

Saturdays at 9:30 or 10:00am (That way Desslok can make it before his afternoon thing.)

Sundays at 1:00 or 2:00 (NOTE: The store closes at 5:00 on Sunday)

My vote would be for Saturday morning. Sunday afternoons are really tricky for me to make, in fact I likely wouldn't be able to get there until 2:00 at the earliest.

Either way we go we'd get more game time then we have now.

That is music to my ears! I was really disappointed with my work schedule. Actually happy about it, but upset it ruined my ability to make it.

As far as the sat/sun deal. My vote is for Sunday 2 AND 3 pm. (I'll explain)
- My mom works sat but has sun off and is my sister's ride. So that is two players that are Sunday only
- My Girlfriend works almost every Saturday.
- Both days work great for ME (And it sounds like for pkirby as well), but Sat AM, or any AM, seems too early for playing minis aka using my brain. Plus Desslok might feel rushed.

So my official suggestion is to have the official time for the games be 2:30 or 3pm so Chad doesn't have to rush. BUT have the arriving time be 2pm (or even 1pm) and people can just play some fun "quicky" games while waiting for everyone to get there to play the official restricted squad games. I can do Saturdays if thats what works best for all, but mom and sis and sometimes gf won't be joining us. But if we do Sundays we are back to 2-2.5 hours, which is too short in my opinion. What to do?

I'm still the new guy so I don't expect you guys to change for my benefit, but am really happy about the switch to weekends. I was starting to look into the Portland games as they were my only viable option.
ChadB
Posted: Tuesday, April 26, 2011 8:56:18 AM

Okay, so it sounds like Sunday is our better option.

Right now I can really only make it about once a month anyway, so I think the best plan is to start earlier (I may be a little late when I come) so that more games can be had rather then wait for me to get there.

If we start at 1:00 with the understanding that others might show up at around 2:00 we still double the gaming time we have now.

Unless anyone has any big time objections to that I'll go ahead and post a May schedule in the next couple days.