RegisterDonateLogin

You want this...don't you?

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Jaina SotJ earns her title! Options
Demosthenes
Posted: Saturday, June 4, 2011 8:51:03 AM
Groups: Member

Ok, wow. I just played a Vassal match against Andrew (the young man who took 2nd place at the VA Regionals), and I just have to say: Jaina is AMAZING.

I was playing my Ladies of the New Republic squad:
56 Jaina Solo, Sword of the Jedi
45 Mara Jade, Jedi
29 Ganner Rhysode
23 General Wedge Antilles
10 Luke Skywalker, Force Spirit
9 General Dodonna
16 R7 Astromech Droid x2
9 Mouse Droid x3
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist

He played a Bastila's Battlemasters squad:
33 Bastila Shan, Jedi Master
81 Jedi Battlemaster x3
27 Jedi Seer
19 Old Republic Captain
11 Old Republic Senator
8 R7 Astromech Droid
12 Mouse Droid x4
9 Ugnaught Demolitionist x3

We played on Muunilist Plaza (I won map roll). He sets up on the left side, I set up on the right. In the first round, I run Jaina up to gambit, and the rest of my squad is behind her. Round 2, I lob Mara to take out his Jedi Seer, and she gets mowed down by Battlemasters. I had hoped to lob her at Bastila and put at least 90 on her, but oh well. Jaina and the rest of my squad stay in a protective huddle on the right side of the central pillar.

Due to a positioning error on my part, in the next round one of his Battlemasters is able to run up and put 60 on Ganner (ABM is in effect at this point). Ganner Pushes, then runs away, and is surrounded by Mouse Droids and such to protect him. One of the JBMs moves adjacent to Jaina and Assaults, and she Parries both. He positions the other two JBMs while I take defensive position with my pieces, Jaina holding on to gambit.

Next round, Ganner pushes one of the JBMs again, and Jaina unleashes her attacks. The result is a nearly-dead JBM. I move my Mouse Droids in a protective wall around Jaina so no more JBMs can base her. His JBM Assaults (doesn't get double because Ganner pushed him), and she Parries both. At this point, he moves a second JBM around and starts trying to cut through my fodder. The third JBM gets into position.

Next round, Ganner is able to get one more Force Push off before he dies, severely crippling another JBM. At this point, his JBMs are down to 20, 70, and 110 HP. The Pushed JBM moves up and Assaults on Jaina again, and she Parries both (needing a FP Reroll, she rolls an 8. Thank you Mettle!). Then he uses another Battlemaster to try and banish Luke, but he makes his save.

Next round, Bastila starts moving up, and Jaina fends off attacks from two Battlemasters, as my fodder is still able to screen the third JBM. One JBM goes down, and the other one takes a couple more hits from Jaina. The third JBM spends a FP to banish Luke, and he fails his save, so Dead Luke becomes Dead Dead Luke.

At the start of the next Round, Jaina has full HP, and 5 FP. His JBMs are down to 1 FP each, and Bastila is closing. One of the JBMs uses Force Leap to get around my Mouse screen and whack on Jaina. She parries. Then she unleashes on the full-health JBM who has 0 FP. She rolls 2 crits, bringing him down to 10 HP. The other JBM whacks on her, and she Parries one attack, going down to 90 HP.

By the next round, Bastila has closed the distance, and starts to whack on Jaina, who parries both attacks. Then Jaina lets loose on the other JBM and kills him. Wedge and Dodonna take pot shots on some of his fodder, killing an Ugnaught and putting damage on his OR Captain.

Next round, Bastila doubles up on Jaina and she misses both of her parries, and Jaina's at 50 HP. Jaina wails on Bastila and hits all 3 attacks (needing a FP to reroll one) and Bastila makes her Defense, taking 40 Damage. Wedge and Dodonna take more pot shots, killing a Mouse and putting 10 more damage on the OR Captain.

Next round, he wins init, and Jaina takes 2 attacks from Bastila and fails to parry either one, going down to 10 HP. Triple on Bastila, hitting 2 of 3 and critting on the last attack. He had Defensed the first attack, so couldn't Defense the last, going to 10 HP.

Next round, I win init, and triple on Bastila, killing her, then running away. At this point I had won on points, but we played it out. The match ended when my Jaina (at 10 HP and 0 FP) opened one of the top doors so Wedge could run in and base the OR Captain, needing an 8 to kill him off and rolling an 18.

Jaina probably Parried around 20 out of 25 attacks, which was ridiculous! Too bad she didn't do that at VA Regionals. Bah! lol