RegisterDonateLogin

Will become more powerful than you can possibly imagine.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Southeastern PA Players Options
AndyHatton
Posted: Tuesday, August 30, 2011 5:53:09 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Hey guys,

I haven't been around for a while but with the V-sets I'm trying to get back into the game. I used to play at Cyborg One in Doylestown, but after WOTC stopped producing and one of main players was deployed in the army our group fell apart. I'm hoping to either find a new group or rebuild the one we had. Anyone around here live in Southeastern PA/Philadelphia and be up for playing some games or have a place they regularly go to that has events?

Thanks!

AndyH
FlyingArrow
Posted: Wednesday, August 31, 2011 12:31:34 AM

I played at Dimension Games in Ambler before they closed. After they closed we had one tournament at the store in Blue Bell (Alternate Universes, I think?), but it's been over a year since then. DarthJim was the PA pointman for Vsets and TreebeardTheEnt was the Philly area contact. Neither are in Philadelphia, but they could probably make it over for a tournament.
AndyHatton
Posted: Wednesday, August 31, 2011 2:52:13 AM

That would be great! I'm in Montgomeryville. I just figured Philly would have the most players and I don't mind the drive too much.
Darth_Jim
Posted: Wednesday, August 31, 2011 4:51:44 PM
Groups: Member

Keep us informed of any Philly area games. Our group here is up to 15, but most of them won't travel. You all are, of course, welcome up here anytime. We play at a store in Lemoyne about once a month and at my house in Mechanicsburg on occasion. We'll have a gathering at my house on September 10th, and one at the store in Lemoyne September 24rth.
AndyHatton
Posted: Wednesday, August 31, 2011 5:24:57 PM

Will do! Hoping to get something started in the suburbs here (or maybe Philadelphia.) Thanks for the offer. I'll have to see if I can make it out sometime, is there a place you post events or times or anything?
Jester007
Posted: Thursday, September 1, 2011 11:12:11 AM

Hey Jim, what time is everyone showing up next Saturday at your place? I think that is an off weekend for my group. Your only about 2.5 hours away, and I don't mind making the trip up there.

Sincerely,
Jester007
Darth_Jim
Posted: Saturday, September 3, 2011 4:04:11 AM

Sorry I wasn't monitoring this thread after posting. Sometimes we'll post in the events forums if it is a major event; usually we just communicate using an email group. I'll have some news soon regarding a November event at a local convention. Typically we meet on Saturdays like 11am-5pm. If you are free for a Saturday and you don't see asnything posted, feel free to BM me, General Ed, Sensor Ghost, Evman678, or McNizzle with questions.

I BM'd Jester and we're looking forward to his visit.