RegisterDonateLogin

Slightly more stable than an AT-ST on a log trap.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Poisoned Blade Options
FlyingArrow
Posted: Thursday, September 15, 2011 2:57:12 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

The GenoHaradan Assassin has Poisoned Blade (+10 Damage to 1 adjacent target; this counts as a melee attack, plus a poison bonus). He can gain an Extra Attack.
Suppose he is adjacent to two enemies and wants to use one attack on each.

Which of these is correct?

a. The GenoHaradan Assassin may only attack one enemy if he is adjacent to any enemy.
b. The GenoHaradan Assassin may attack both enemies and gains +10 damage to each.
c. The GenoHaradan Assassin may attack both enemies. One is a melee attack at +10, the other is non-melee at normal damage. Darman may choose which attack is melee.
d. The GenoHaradan Assassin may attack both enemies. One is a melee attack at +10, the other is non-melee at normal damage. The first attack is melee and the second attack is non-melee.

I think it's b, but I'm not sure.

I know that Poisoned Blade is mandatory:

From the FAQ:

Q: Is Poisoned Blade optional? Can the character make a nonmelee attack when adjacent if there's a tactical reason to do so?

A: No, it's not optional.

However, I don't understand the ramifications of "1 adjacent target." Each of the 4 options above is consistent with Poisoned Blade being mandatory, depending on what "1 adjacent target" means:

a. It's mandatory and applies to only 1 target, therefore you can't target a 2nd person that turn.
b. It's mandatory and applies to only 1 target, but that just means you target 1 character at a time. You can use Gauntlet Knife against 2 different characters in the same turn.
c/d. It's mandatory and applies to only 1 target, therefore you must use it, but you can only gain the bonus once. If you target a 2nd enemy this turn you lose Gauntlet Knife's bonus and revert to non-melee attacks.
Sithborg
Posted: Thursday, September 15, 2011 9:14:27 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

Poisoned Blade applies to each attack made against an adjacent enemy.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Thursday, September 15, 2011 1:09:54 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Sithborg wrote:
Poisoned Blade applies to each attack made against an adjacent enemy.

Thank you. Interpretation a or b would be consistent with that statement, but I'll assume it's option b since that is what I was leaning toward anyway.