RegisterDonateLogin

Mind what you have learned. Save you it can.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Revan Novel (potential spoilers) Options
shadowlost
Posted: Sunday, January 1, 2012 9:20:12 AM
Groups: Member

You know the book leads into the TOR MMO right?

SPOILERS for the MMO

One of the raids you get is to rescue Revan. another will be to fight and kill the Emperor. also Lord Scourge is a companion you can get and help redeem.
corranhorn
Posted: Sunday, January 1, 2012 10:45:33 AM

I thought it was 300 years after the book?.........It's at least 50
SquelchDog
Posted: Wednesday, January 4, 2012 8:12:16 AM

Well I just finished the book and on the whole liked it very much. A very enjoyable read. However, the ending to me was a little lame. I didn't really care for the way Revan was far too easily captured and imprisoned. Only to go from that prison to another slightly more formidable prison. The end just didn't sit well with me. But I did enjoy the book up to the very end.
corranhorn
Posted: Thursday, January 5, 2012 3:06:09 AM

SquelchDog wrote:
Well I just finished the book and on the whole liked it very much. A very enjoyable read. However, the ending to me was a little lame. I didn't really care for the way Revan was far too easily captured and imprisoned. Only to go from that prison to another slightly more formidable prison. The end just didn't sit well with me. But I did enjoy the book up to the very end.

that's how I felt. I thought the book itself was well written, but you have to handle a character as well liked as Revan or the exile or T3 with some care.
Hinkbert
Posted: Thursday, January 19, 2012 12:07:23 PM

I just finished the book and was very disappointed with how it ended. I understand that it leads into SW:TOR (which I would like to play, but that isn't possible) and that some 300 years have passed, but I found to be infuriating (not to mention a little insulting) that it felt like one big tease then. I enjoyed the first part of the book for the most part, and how it explained how Canderous retrieved the mask, but the abrupt and absurd ending left me beyond disappointed.
corranhorn
Posted: Tuesday, February 28, 2012 2:26:06 AM

Hinkbert wrote:
I just finished the book and was very disappointed with how it ended. I understand that it leads into SW:TOR (which I would like to play, but that isn't possible) and that some 300 years have passed, but I found to be infuriating (not to mention a little insulting) that it felt like one big tease then. I enjoyed the first part of the book for the most part, and how it explained how Canderous retrieved the mask, but the abrupt and absurd ending left me beyond disappointed.

You said what I said better then I said it! Smile
qvos
Posted: Tuesday, February 28, 2012 10:15:35 PM

corranhorn wrote:
Hinkbert wrote:

You said what I said better then I said it! Smile
+1.... Liked the book.. The end was unsatisfyingNo Bloo Milk
corranhorn
Posted: Thursday, March 1, 2012 12:41:07 AM

it felt like it was written well but the people at TOR trashed the KotOR storyline to set up their game, which will probably never be as good as KotOR was, abd the senseless thing is that the time they decided the Sith Emperor wanted to attack is completely arbitrary, there was no particular reason to have him want to attack THEN.