RegisterDonateLogin

Oh, maxi big da Milkā€¦

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

The Serum ( inspiried by FlyingArrow) Options
corranhorn
Posted: Wednesday, December 21, 2011 1:28:49 AM
Groups: Member

I loved reading FlyingArrow's play reports on the four scenario series starting with the theft of the death star plans and ending with the rescue of General Dodonna ( READ THEM :)). So, I decided to emulate him and have embarked on a similair scenario series, which I will be posting on here. Once again, kudos to FlyingArrow!
Chapter One The Serum ( Clone Wars)
On a remote forest world, a Wookiee scientist has , after years of research, developed a groundbreaking serum which will enhance the clone soldiers to such an extent as to guarentee victory. Promptly sending out a message to Republic high command, he also requested assisstance from a two man starfighter passing by, carrying Roron Corob and Quinlan vos on the way back from a mission. They touched down shortly after to help guard the serum against any possible Sepratist attacks until a cruister arrived. Unfortunately the Seperatist leaders interecepted and read the message , although Vos sent out a second one to the Republic Command when he arrived, and Assjj Ventress has been assigned an elite team of soldiers and droids to gain control of the serum, and kill its creator.
Squads
Republic ( Small Garrison plus the two Jedi)
Wookiee Scoundrel 11
5 Clone troopers 45
Clone trooper Commander 13
Clone Trooper on Speeder 28
Quinlan Vos, Infiltrator 34
Rorron Corob 24

Seps
Assaj Ventress, Sepratist Assassain 43
4 Commando Droids 68
2 Sepratist Commandos 20
2 Nemoidian Warriors 32

Map is Endor Base, from the Attack on Endor scenario pack.
The Republic forces started inside base, except the speeder, which patroled within one square of the base continually, and the Seps started in the forest.
Special Rules All sepratist characters are considered to have Stealth until they are "noticed". They can be noticed by any of them making an attack, or the speeder having one of them as a legal target ( i.e. stealth).

The base is protected by a shield. No character may make an attack through the shield, and only Republic characters can move through it freely. The Sepratists have a small starfighter specially fitted with a large ion cannon lurking behind one of the moons. Assaj Ventress can , instead of taking a normal turn, call down fire to take out the shield. This will obviously get the Seps noticed.

Any sepratist character can get the serum by moving adjacent to the desk that is prjecting an image. If a characteer carryignt he serum is defeated, they drop the serum on the square they were standing on , and any character may move over it to pick it up. For the seps to win, a sep character must bring the serum to one of the parked speeder bikes in the main clearing.

Untiltheynotice the Seps, no Republic charatcer may move out of the base ,except the speeder which paatrols continuously around the base within one square ( just outside the shield).

Round 1
The sepratist characters cautiously move through the forest, intent on getting a stealth protected firing position on the central clearing. The clone troopers move into the security control room, and the jedi and the wookiee stay in the control room.

Round 2
The jedi take up a position behind the display in the control room, and the seps keep moving up.

Round three
The sepratist position is complete, and as the speeder drives by, they ambush it. The commando droids quickly dispatch the clone driver and Assaj Ventress calls in the strike to take down the shields. The clones stay in the security room to create a crossfire zone for the Sepratists once they are inside the base. The jedi and wookiee stay where they are, to protect the serum.

Round 4
The Seps mass their troops around the door to the base, ready to strike.

Round 5

The Nemoidian Warriors advance cautiously into the base, not seeing any enemies, and suddenly the clone troopers open fire, injuiring one nemoidian, who opens the door into the control room. The commando droids rush to join the fight, eliminating four of the five clones,sepratist commandos cautiously advance, flanking Assaj Ventress.The wookiee takes out one of the Sepratist commandos from his position, and lastly Rorron runs toward the sepratist mass, killing the first nemoidian with a lightsaber swing.

Round 6

The seps win init and a commando droid misses the last remaining clone trooper. The nemoidian takes a shot at Rorron Corob and he is forced to deflect it. Although the battle was swiftly turning against the republic, Rorron knew he could turn the tide. Safely away from any ally, he unleashes a Force fuel bellow, detroying 3 commando droids and killing the second commando instanly, and wounding the suriving nemoidian and Ventress. Ventress was flung back next to the last clone, and he and the commander opened fire, injuiring her further. Ignoring them, she charged straight for rorron corob, slashing him with her lightsaber but not killing him. The clone trooper fired as she left but missed, and was shot by the last commando droid, who was out of range of the bellow. The wookiee fires at assaj ventress and misses. Quinlan Vos finally joins the battle running up to ventress and injuiring her even further.

Round 7 Republic wins init

The wookiee hits ventress with a blaster bolt, cunningly before she could respond. Vos finishes her off and moves next to the nemoidian. The commando droid fires ineffectually at vos, and the nemoidian draws blood but is unable to do more before corob deals him a fatal blow with his lightsaber. The clone commander, angered by the loss of his unit, hits the droid with a blaster bolt.

Round 8
Republic wins init
Vos runs over to and slashes the commando droid in half with his saber.

The serum is safe! For now.......
FlyingArrow
Posted: Friday, December 23, 2011 6:14:05 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Great write-up!

In our campaign, we had set it so that we would re-run each scenario until the attacker won. As it turned out, the attacker won all 4, so it ended in 4 skirmishes. In retrospect, though, I wouldn't run it that way again. I think the plot should move forward regardless in some way or another. Not sure exactly what we would've done in ours, though.
corranhorn
Posted: Saturday, December 31, 2011 3:03:10 AM

That seems like a good idea, I had been considering whether to do that or have some sort of ambush on board the cruiser. I'll have the next one up soon, I've been sorta busy witht the holidays and whatnot. BigGrin
corranhorn
Posted: Thursday, March 8, 2012 12:15:19 AM

This really got sidetracked, between the holidays and then my half sister's and then my birthday, but I'll try to play the next scenario soon and post t up.
Clone Master
Posted: Wednesday, June 13, 2012 1:45:30 PM

Interesting... Indeed.
corranhorn
Posted: Wednesday, August 1, 2012 7:14:38 AM

Alright, I am FINALLY going to play the next scenario, Ambush on the Valiant tonight or tommorow. I'll post the results the next day! :)
SquelchDog
Posted: Wednesday, August 8, 2012 2:27:01 PM

Cool scenario, I like it. Have to try it out if I get the chance. Cool
corranhorn
Posted: Thursday, August 9, 2012 6:47:32 AM

SquelchDog wrote:
Cool scenario, I like it. Have to try it out if I get the chance. Cool