RegisterDonateLogin

Occassionally maybe thinks you're all right...when you aren't acting like a scoundrel.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Played a bunch of games yesterday... Options
Stormtrooper
Posted: Wednesday, December 28, 2011 9:37:43 AM
Groups: Member

Six of us got together yesterday for a marathon of games yesterday. We started at about 12:00 noon.

For the first game it was a 3vs3 played on three maps (with turbolifts in use) with 200 points per player, so 600 points vs 600 points. Here was my squad:

Zuckuss, Bounty Hunter
Emperor Palpatine on Throne
Thrawn (Mitth'raw'nuruodo)
Arica
Lobot, Computer Liaison Officer
Admiral Ozzel
Mas Amedda
Stormtrooper x4
Mouse Droid
Rodian Brute
Ugnaught Demolitionist

It wasn't until after the game that I realized that I was six points under as I had forgot a mouse droid and ugnaught. The game was a lot of fun and was pretty epic. It took about three hours to play. My partners included a Mandalorian squad and a Fringe squad. We faced three Republic squads, including the Obi-Wan giving everyone +4 attack and defence and an Argyus-led Senate Commando team and a Training Sargeant-led Republic Commando team. We won by whittling them down using the turbolifts to transport attackers all over the board. To move a turbolift took up a character's entire turn, so the character would have to start on the turbolift, and all characters on that turbolift would be transported to any other empty turbolift. We moved four characters into a turbolift and on the next turn one character would move the turbolift to a turbolift near enemy characters, have two characters shoot, and have the fourth character move the turbolift back. We could do this safely because we had activation control with Ozzel and could start doing it when all their characters had moved. They tried to do this as well and did kill some of our troops but lost characters themselves because they lacked activation control. We played on the Jedi Temple map, the Death Star, and my homemade one made out of tiles:

In the end, their troops were too far spread out and they had played defensively too long before realizing that activation control was allowing us to safely attack them at our leisure. One Republic player tried to go on the attack in the end but it was too late. That game was over by about 3:00.

Next, we played a few one-on-one games with 200 points each. I used my same squad list. I beat an X-1 Viper Droid Fringe squad on Christophis (I was forced to go toe-toe-toe but I did so) and later a General Obi-wan Kenobi-led Clone Squad on Endor - the defining moment here was when Arica caught at least eight Clones in the open - he didn't realize that OB1 and other Clones couldn't give them cover because she has Sniper. That took us to about 5:00.

Two players had to leave then but the remaining four of us started a campaign using the Star Wars Risk Clone wars Edition board. We divided up the board between the four of us, with me being an Imperial player, another guy Republic leftovers still fighting, the third Mandalorians, and the fourth Fringe. Each planet has bonuses for owning it. I fought on Cloud City, representing Byss, and conquered it with the defining momnent being my Zuckuss pinning Grand Master Luke (fighting for the Mandos - my group doesn't often stick to faction rules) while hordes of Stormtrooper and Fringe Reserves brought in took about a dozen turns to kill him.

Anyhoo, I will take pics next time! That's twice I've played SWM recently without taking pics because I forgot my camera!