RegisterDonateLogin

Is not as forgiving as Darth Vader.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Buffalo NY, Tournament-Feb 18th Options
christophercook
Posted: Thursday, December 29, 2011 11:48:17 AM
Groups: Member

Darph Nader will be posting all the info on Frosty Con. in the near future. Frosty con winter Regional will be played in Buffalo, Ny Feb 18th. This may be a 2 DAY event, starting off with a 500pt Epic Battle. Please replay if you have an interest. We are hoping that are Canandian friends will make the trek across the ditch as well as Naders friends in Va. and Penn.

Yobuckkiller
Toyhunter80's
Posted: Friday, December 30, 2011 7:20:19 PM

I am interested. I live in Jamestown NY so this is close enough for me to try. I have not played in a few years, so I am rusty. I am worried about the competition level. I have never played in a tournament before.
jak
Posted: Saturday, December 31, 2011 10:14:53 AM

don't forget your NE OH guys!
I'll be there with bells on(and very little elseDrool )
christophercook
Posted: Sunday, January 1, 2012 1:52:50 AM

Toyhunter, you have to play!!! We are so in need of players from the Buffalo area. You should have came with us to the Ontario Regional this past May. It wouls be great if we could get together at some point before. I live in Williamsville, Pastorbudwine lives in West Seneca and Darth Nader lives in Lockport. Give me your e-mail address and I can contact you that way. But start building your 500pt squad. By the way, how come the GTA guys have not responded to this. Are they scared off by the Yobuckkiller! (lol)

Chris
DARPH NADER
Posted: Sunday, January 1, 2012 3:12:18 AM

@ jak... Atta boy! Drag as many of the Akron crew up as you can. Depending on the venue FrostyCon will either be in Buffalo or Rochester. Plan is to hold a Epic 500 on Sat then a 200 pt constructed on Sunday. Paying homage to our mates down in VA, top prize support for each winner will be an FX lightsaber.

Many more details to come this week but FrostyCon will be held over the Pres Day weekend.

All the best in 2012!

Nader
DARPH NADER
Posted: Sunday, January 1, 2012 3:19:48 AM

@ Toyhunter... Chris is dead right, we need more players to come out of the woodwork to reignite the pilot light in WNY. The FrostyCon event is designed to pull as many of the regional groups together, as WNY is centrally located. Doesn't matter that your rusty since the advent of the new v-sets the SWM landscape has changed, some good/some bad IMO. Nevertheless I had a blast in 2011 meeting players all over the region and I was new to SWM.

Hope to meet up with you soon.

Nader
Toyhunter80's
Posted: Sunday, January 1, 2012 1:16:56 PM

I still don't know guys. I don't have any of the virtual sets and I haven't played anything newer than LOTF. There have been a lot of new abilities and rules introduced since then.

Any special rules for this event? Just a regular 500 point army?
DARPH NADER
Posted: Monday, January 2, 2012 1:11:45 AM

Not to worry although there have been many new characters, abilities and force powers added in the v-sets; they can be downloaded from SWMgamers.com in PDF format. I've got all the pieces needed to proxy your squad creations, whether 200 or Epic 500. The rules for the 500 vary slightly, we've been playing with a 16 act limit with no CE limits. Gambit value is 25 with the piece needing to claim the points also being 25 points or >.

Our main goal is to keep the game going in our region and to enjoy playing. It's all good!
Toyhunter80's
Posted: Monday, January 2, 2012 12:59:57 PM

@ Darph Nader, thank you for your help. I went to SWMgamers.com and downloaded all of the V sets. Great! So the rules for this 500 point epic battle are: no more than 16 characters in your squad, and the piece getting gambit points must be 25 points or less? I would assume that I would have to include an Epic character in the squad otherwise it might be hard to get to 500 points in 16 minis. Anything else I need to know?
DARPH NADER
Posted: Monday, January 2, 2012 2:46:32 PM

Toyhunter good catch, yes at least one Epic character is required. Everything else is pretty much standard rules of engagement. We should all try to get to together this month to do some battling, perhaps an upcoming weekend.

I will be posting the offical tourney threads tomorrow on SWM & Bloo.
DARPH NADER
Posted: Thursday, February 9, 2012 2:22:33 PM

Just in case....

OK then... Well its hard to believe that we are one week away from FrostyCon and its time for a pre-Mouseketeer roll-call. Given some of the feedback about BMing, if anyone needs to reach me please send e-mail correspondence to trelane@mindspring.com.

With that said I will be looking for rough numbers for attendees for both days and that means you guys in Jamestown & Dunkirk! Wink
Darth_Jim
Posted: Saturday, February 25, 2012 6:30:29 AM

jak wrote:
I'll be there with bells on(and very little elseDrool )

You are indeed a scary man.

@ Toyhunter80's: Are you the same person who was our game's very first podcaster back in the day?