RegisterDonateLogin

Wars not make one great. (But Bloo Milk does.)

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Need Help Costuming help for Star Wars Celebration 6 Options
qvos
Posted: Friday, January 13, 2012 12:27:44 AM
Groups: Member

Well, I am asking for your guys help. I'm going to CVI and need help with any sites you might know of that might help me design and make a costume Now, at CIV(the one in LA, I went as Quinlan vos, which was a relatively easy costume).. I just got a black wig. Worked out like a madman trying to get huge arms, and got some yellow face paint. This time I am thinking on either going as Revan(have the mask) , Darth Malgus, DArth BAne, or A Stormtrooper(have the helmet) but in the same vein as the Boba Phatt Costume. Perhaps a white leisure suit with black thread, black shirt and the helmit, of course,dressed to the T..
Anyway , here is what I need.
1. Any other Ideas
2. Any of your costuming sites
3. Any mask making tutorials or books.( I have the HAndbook on mold and castmaking with plaster and resins

Thank you guys so much!
Darthbane53
Posted: Friday, January 13, 2012 12:24:18 PM

If you go as Darth Bane I totally want a picture with you! I know I found out after the fact you and I were both there last year. As for costumes all thoes sound like a great idea. Now this isint an easy tallent but my dad is a great artist, the best thing you can do for a costum helmet is paper machet. I have made (including but not limited to) Fall out 3 Brotherhood of Steel Helmet, Magneto Helmet, Darth Maul Dome Top, Yuuzhan Vong Mask, Cyclops Visor (With light up eyes) Skrull Mask, and many more. You can make virtually anything you want and you can find some really good guides on line. Good luck dude!
qvos
Posted: Friday, January 13, 2012 5:06:10 PM

Darthbane53 wrote:
If you go as Darth Bane I totally want a picture with you! I know I found out after the fact you and I were both there last year. As for costumes all thoes sound like a great idea. Now this isint an easy tallent but my dad is a great artist, the best thing you can do for a costum helmet is paper machet. I have made (including but not limited to) Fall out 3 Brotherhood of Steel Helmet, Magneto Helmet, Darth Maul Dome Top, Yuuzhan Vong Mask, Cyclops Visor (With light up eyes) Skrull Mask, and many more. You can make virtually anything you want and you can find some really good guides on line. Good luck dude!

Thanks Man! Maybe we will get to meet if you go. It's so hard to decide who to go asBlooMilk
Darthbane53
Posted: Saturday, January 14, 2012 12:19:58 PM

Usually I would go in a costume (as I do for local comic conventions) but for the Celebration I find it to much to lug around, I wanna enjoy my star wars overload.