RegisterDonateLogin

Won't flash you with its vents.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Darth Plagueis Novel (SPOILERS) Options
Poopdog91
Posted: Friday, January 13, 2012 4:14:12 PM
Groups: Member

Just finished reading the new novel Darth Plagueis and it was amazing! I loved the book, thought it was very well written and it filled so many holes in the prequel trilogy. This book changed the way I look at the prequels and events therein! At long last we see the backstory of Darth Sidious, how he went from the son of a noble on Naboo to Plagueis' apprentice, to the senate, to the chancellorship, and to becoming the Dark Lord of the Sith. In fact this novel greatly deepened the character of Palpatine for me, making him even more interesting and chilling than before. Finally seeing and getting to know the character of Plagueis too was great! He was everything I had imagined him to be. The side plots involved were very good as well. The discovery of Maul on Dathomir. Dooku's path to disillusionment and eventual severance from the Jedi Order. Seeing the very initial conception of the clone army and seeds of the Separatist movement. I loved it ThumbsUp Anybody else read it yet?
qvos
Posted: Thursday, January 26, 2012 12:39:33 AM

Im on page 100 now. So far it's been Great,, Maybe a little slow, but I like the Backround of Plagious and Tenebrious. BlooMilk
qvos
Posted: Saturday, February 18, 2012 1:05:57 AM

Just Finished it! What an amazing book Explaining many things!BlooMilk
Poopdog91
Posted: Saturday, February 18, 2012 5:29:38 AM

qvos wrote:

Indeed it was amazing. The whole prequel trilogy, particularly episodes 1 and 2, are much clearer to me now! BlooMilk
markedman247
Posted: Tuesday, February 21, 2012 12:04:32 PM

I have a different feeling for that book. I could see why it took so long to write with Clone Wars and such being so fluid but I wasn't that impressed with it.
qvos
Posted: Monday, February 27, 2012 12:23:49 AM

Poopdog91 wrote:
qvos wrote:

Indeed it was amazing. The whole prequel trilogy, particularly episodes 1 and 2, are much clearer to me now! BlooMilk
THe Scene where Palps is telling Anikan about Darth Plaguies the Wise has a whole new meaning now.
empirejeff
Posted: Tuesday, February 28, 2012 6:59:20 AM

qvos wrote:
Poopdog91 wrote:
qvos wrote:

THe Scene where Palps is telling Anikan about Darth Plaguies the Wise has a whole new meaning now.

Darth Plaguies the Wise?!OMG OMG OMG Blink Woot Wub Bomb
qvos
Posted: Tuesday, February 28, 2012 10:12:58 PM

empirejeff wrote:
qvos wrote:
Poopdog91 wrote:
qvos wrote:

Although "SPOILERS"***************** I'm not sure if Palps really killed him in his sleep?????
empirejeff
Posted: Wednesday, February 29, 2012 8:16:45 PM

qvos wrote:
empirejeff wrote:
qvos wrote:
Poopdog91 wrote:
qvos wrote:

Although "SPOILERS"***************** I'm not sure if Palps really killed him in his sleep?????

Blink Blink Blink Blink Blink Blink Blink Huh OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG Scared Scared Scared Scared Scared Scared Scared For real?
qvos
Posted: Friday, March 2, 2012 12:18:38 AM

empirejeff wrote:
qvos wrote:
empirejeff wrote:
qvos wrote:
Poopdog91 wrote:
qvos wrote:

Blink Blink Blink Blink Blink Blink Blink Huh OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG Scared Scared Scared Scared Scared Scared Scared For real?

LOL, PLaquies Was drunk, Had Fallen Asleep, then was awake although powerless as Palpatine Killed him. Palpatine caught him off gaurd, but , Plaguies was awake while Palpatine finished him off. I'm going to go back and look at it again though.
Djstarr05
Posted: Saturday, March 3, 2012 9:18:22 AM

Good book.
Demosthenes
Posted: Saturday, March 3, 2012 9:35:12 AM

I don't think Plagueis ever fell asleep, he was just really drunk. Kind of made the whole scene lose a lot of dramatic weight, in my opinion. Ah well.
Sithborg
Posted: Saturday, March 3, 2012 3:14:11 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

Gotta admit, it is hard to put down. I was a bit worried about the potential to kind of change Palpatine's role in events, but so far, it does seem like he is the ultimate sith we always knew him to be. Love his childhood backstory, too.
qvos
Posted: Sunday, March 4, 2012 11:48:52 AM

Demosthenes wrote:
I don't think Plagueis ever fell asleep, he was just really drunk. Kind of made the whole scene lose a lot of dramatic weight, in my opinion. Ah well.
After reading that, I watched the scene again. Now it feels to me as if Palpatine is emphasizing the fact that Plaguies was powerless to save himself. I don't think that it degrades the scene. Also, It seems that Palps uses the term " Darth Plaguies the wise" in a somewhat derogatory sense. I know it came through in the book. To me it emphasizes Palptines' disdain for his former master. Great scene by Ian Mcdiarmad though!
Demosthenes
Posted: Sunday, March 4, 2012 12:29:53 PM

I meant the scene in the book loses a lot of weight because it's not some epic confrontation, just Palps taking out a really drunk Plagueis. I was looking forward to SOMETHING going on. Meh, lol, still liked the book.
qvos
Posted: Sunday, March 4, 2012 1:38:03 PM

Demosthenes wrote:
I meant the scene in the book loses a lot of weight because it's not some epic confrontation, just Palps taking out a really drunk Plagueis. I was looking forward to SOMETHING going on. Meh, lol, still liked the book.
ToTally agree, and can see that. I felt the same exact way.