RegisterDonateLogin

You stuck up, half-witted, scruffy-looking milk drinker!

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

A bit confused regarding HaloClix Options
corranhorn
Posted: Tuesday, March 27, 2012 7:48:09 AM
Groups: Member

So I saw they came out with a new HaloCliz 10th Anniversary Set, and I was checking them out to see how different it was ( Not very). I noticed that the cards have different ability types (on trollandtoad they have pics of the cards). Has anyone played this game? In other words does it use the same rules as the original HaloClix or is it "compatible" in the way that all the Clix are, not quite the same but similair enough ).
Whoa, lotta parenthesis.
Chargers
Posted: Tuesday, March 27, 2012 10:03:31 AM

There are two Clix games:

1) Halo ActionClix -- This game was released a few years ago and is very much like HeroClix, but is not compatible. The points are a bit different and powers & abilities may not be quite even. I haven't tried this one.

2) Halo HeroClix -- This game was released in 2011 and is a HeroClix game. It's 100% compatible, so the points are even, the powers & abilites are the same, etc so you can have Superman and Wolverine face the Chieftan. There are some good figures in here that I've played and have also seen others use well in local tournaments.

Does that help? And answer your questions? Have any more questions?
Darthbane53
Posted: Tuesday, March 27, 2012 2:36:22 PM

What about the gears of war ones? I have ALOT of heroclix figures but no cards (Can I play with out the cards) and have always wanted to learn how to play
AndyHatton
Posted: Tuesday, March 27, 2012 3:09:03 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Darthbane53 wrote:
What about the gears of war ones? I have ALOT of heroclix figures but no cards (Can I play with out the cards) and have always wanted to learn how to play

Gears of War works on the same rules as all Heroclix pieces (Street Fighter and Lord of the Rings as well.) They introduced a new mechanic called Grenades but that is explained on the individual cards and still works with normal Heroclix.

Heroclix runs under a print and play system now, so if you are missing the cards, you can just go to the Heroclix website and print them out. Sets before Justice League and Avengers don't have cards however, so it is possible you don't have to find cards if your pieces are from those sets. If you are curious about keywords and what pieces do, a great resources is the HCRealms.com Units section
Darthbane53
Posted: Tuesday, March 27, 2012 4:08:54 PM

Thanks andy! Maybe this will inspire to learn to play, and get some of those cool looking halo figs. MC VS. Spidy, can it get any better?
Darthbane53
Posted: Tuesday, March 27, 2012 4:27:11 PM

Also is there any halo HEROclix started set?
AndyHatton
Posted: Tuesday, March 27, 2012 6:41:26 PM

Darthbane53 wrote:
Thanks andy! Maybe this will inspire to learn to play, and get some of those cool looking halo figs. MC VS. Spidy, can it get any better?

No problem! Glad I can be of some help. It is a fun game, and half the fun is seeing pairings you would never actually see in the comics/games.

Darthbane53 wrote:
Also is there any halo HEROclix started set?

No, sorry, they didn't make a Halo starter set. It is possible they will make one in the future though, they have been pumping out a lot of products lately. The only non-comic starter sets are Lord of the Rings, Street Fighter, and Star Trek Tactics (of which I shared my opinions in the Star Trek Tactics thread, cliff notes: not a fan.)

Now here is a bit of an oddity. Heroclix has something called "Fast Forces" packs which are slightly different than Starter Sets. Starter Sets have rules, 8ish Figures, dice, and maps. Fast Forces packs have just figures, dice, and maps. Fast Forces are generally 6 folks that can make up 2 or 3 different teams. For example, the Superman one that came out has Superman, Supergirl, and Steel for a Metropolis hero team, and Lex Luthor, Bizarro, and a generic Kryptonian Renegade (think Zod's lackies) as a bad Metropolis team. The next pack however are the Annihilators so that is just One team of 6 Heroes. Fast Forces are a great deal for getting into the game, only $15 for 6 solid, easy to use figures 2 D6 and a map is pretty nice...but they do lack the rules. HOWEVER the rules are all available online so I don't know if it is totally a deal breaker.

Hope I'm being helpful and not totally confusing

The Fast Forces packs include Thor, Superman, Watchmen, Annihilators, Movie Green Lantern, and Hulk

The most recent starter sets are Lord of the Rings, Star Trek, Blackest Night, and Fantastic Four (the latter two being old and out of date...we are overdue for a new starter. I can't remember what the next announced starter was though.)
corranhorn
Posted: Wednesday, March 28, 2012 5:30:57 AM

Ok thanks, so I'm a bit sad that the two Halo clix games aren't compatible, since I have my speical edition Noble Team set/packish thing which sorta seals the deal for me in terms of which one to play.
You should try the original Haloclix game, the packs are incredibly cheap now like 3 dollars a pack or 30 dollatrs for a case and they come with four figures each. You can play it right out of the pack but i would recommend getting two if you do try it, the packs are 4 figs and a small map apiece but they do come with rules, the only problem is that the only place to get regular sized maps instead of combining the smaller ones is to get the Hunter battle pack, it's a prretty fun game. Like i said, I would ee if its for you since it would be about 5 - 7 $ for two packs, not too much to test out a fun game. Although I did say it wa a biit boring, I was reffering to giant games, I forgot to mention that. Blink
Darthbane53
Posted: Wednesday, March 28, 2012 5:46:02 PM

So now im inspired to play with all my clix, but I cant figure our which set of rules to use. http://heroclix.com/downloads/heroclix-rules/#axzz1qSwxacSX This is the website im at but I dont know what I NEED to have printed out to play?! Help please?? Thanks lol And I cant find all the printable stat cards >.<
AndyHatton
Posted: Thursday, March 29, 2012 5:55:11 AM

The website can be overwhelming if you don't know what you are looking for. The Cards are in the print and play section of downloads under character cards. They are broken out by set and company, so if you need the cards from Giant Sized X-men you can download the PDF for that under Marvel and then find the card in there you need to print.

And there a lot of rules documents at first but it isn't too bad. Don't worry about the Player's Guide for now. That is mostly errata and updates on a few things. I'd look at that after you are more familar with the game (Golden Age and Modern Age are the two formats for team building. Golden Age allows every piece, battlefield condition and feat in the game, Modern Age is a number of the most recent sets and no feats.)

The Documents I think you should download are the Rulebook, the 2011 Powers and Abilities Card (also known as a PAC) and the Marvel and DC Team Abilities charts.

After you are more familiar with the game take a look at the Feats, Battlefield Conditions, and Additional Team Abilities under print and play and the Player's Guide under rules.
Darthbane53
Posted: Wednesday, April 4, 2012 2:53:44 PM

None of you happen to have any spare hero/halo clix to trade do you?
AndyHatton
Posted: Wednesday, April 4, 2012 3:59:22 PM

Darthbane53 wrote:

My collection is pretty tight...I tend to just buy what I want (and sorry I didn't get too many Haloclix.) But if you have anything in particular you are looking for, let me know and I'll see if I have it! I'd be more than happy to trade Clix for SWM pieces if I can help you out.

If you go the HCrealms you can check out their trading forum though, there might be some folks in there who can help you out too. If you have any questions about what is considered a fair trade and so forth let me know and I'll help you out the best you can. Feel free to BM me if you'd like.

Chargers
Posted: Wednesday, April 4, 2012 7:51:10 PM

Darthbane53 wrote:

I do have a bunch of duplicates. PM me or E-mail me at gamer@maxqast.com so that we can work something out.

Darthbane53
Posted: Saturday, April 7, 2012 5:33:01 AM

Ok, so I have about 10 action clix from the first set, which we know arent compatible but the some of the sculpts in particular (Master Chief w/ Shotty) are reused, and theres a halo heroclix version of him. What I want to do is find the dial for the heroclix version of him and glue it to the action clix version. I found this which has the dial for a few specific figs via a preview, but is there any where I can find the dials for all the characters so I can print one out? Or just the shotty chief in particular? Thanks so much for all the help guys.
AndyHatton
Posted: Saturday, April 7, 2012 7:02:09 AM

Pretty much every dial from Heroclix (and a few that haven't been released yet!) can be found here.

Simply select the set you want (Halo) and just look through the list until you find the pieces. The advanced search feature is also pretty good for looking up individual pieces you want.
Darthbane53
Posted: Saturday, April 7, 2012 7:31:25 AM

I appreciate the site, but that's not quite what I meant. I was looking for it so I can physically print out the dial and paste it to the figures dial. Like its all circular in the link I posted above, that's what im looking for.
AndyHatton
Posted: Saturday, April 7, 2012 11:53:54 PM

Darthbane53 wrote:
I appreciate the site, but that's not quite what I meant. I was looking for it so I can physically print out the dial and paste it to the figures dial. Like its all circular in the link I posted above, that's what im looking for.

Sorry I'm not familiar with any sites that do that. Previews for individual dials from Wizkids are in that format but most everything else will be in the grids.