RegisterDonateLogin

Has been known to rip people's arms out of their sockets.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Angry Birds, the Nook Tablet, and other games. Options
SquelchDog
Posted: Wednesday, April 18, 2012 9:22:44 AM
Groups: Member

OH..........MY............GOSH!!!!!!!!

I recently bought myself a Nook Tablet. I love to read. However the bookstores in my area have all but one gone out of business. Which you would think that living outside of the Capital of New York wouldn't even be an issue. But it is.

After getting tired of going to the only major bookstore in Albany and not finding the books I was looking for, I bought a Nook tablet. It has books, newspapers, magazines, apps, and can go on the internet. I gotta say I Heart the kriffing thing. My only issue is how addicting Angry Birds has become for me.

I beat all but a handful of the levels on my wife's Facebook account. Which is fun because you can hit a "Brag" button that sends messages to her other friends who play the game. Sneaky

Around the same time I bought my Nook and proceeded to buy every Angry Birds game they make. I literally have the hardest time putting the game down. I play and replay every level until I beat it. I've stayed up into the wee hours of the morning playing all 4 Angry Birds games. It's turning into Electronic Crack for me. Drool

It's gotten so bad I've gotten behind in my reading. Which is the major reason why I bought the Nook to begin with. Huh

Also I grabbed everyone's favorite and classic Monopoly, along with Scrabble and a Dominoes game. All of which you can play against your friends online. And best of all for me is that they all have computer controlled opponents for when you don't have anyone to play with.

I highly recommend getting a Nook. It is well worth the $199 price tag. Books are cheaper online with some being free, and it's the same size as a middle school paperback book. ThumpUp
qvos
Posted: Wednesday, April 18, 2012 2:25:45 PM

My wife just bought me A KIndle Fire which I think is comparable and I love it. My first Ebooks were the Hunger GAmes books. You are right BTW. Angry birds is ridiculously addictive!!!
Sithborg
Posted: Wednesday, April 18, 2012 3:28:36 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

SquelchDog wrote:
I highly recommend getting a Nook. It is well worth the $199 price tag. Books are cheaper online with some being free, and it's the same size as a middle school paperback book. ThumpUp

Not as cheap. New release hardbacks are cheaper, but ebooks tend to be the same price for paperbacks. Though, I generally only use Barnes & Noble, and don't shop around for .epub (a huge advantage over the Kindle). I just upgraded to the Nook Tablet over my 1st Edition Nook. I still really like my original for reading books, the e-ink is just so easy to read.

It was awesome when the old Bantam books were released in ebook format. Going from a handful of choices for Star Wars to the full library was awesome.
trappedslider
Posted: Wednesday, April 18, 2012 3:43:44 PM

my mom has a kindle fire and love playing Angry birds on it, I enjoy furit ninja. As for as books go, I perfer having the pyshical book,but if i cna't afford to get the hard back then i'l get on the kindle, There's atleast one book that comes out next month that I'm getting on the kindle since I have the frist one in the series already on it.
SquelchDog
Posted: Thursday, May 3, 2012 4:20:10 PM

Oh ya, Sithborg is correct. Right after I posted the first post I later noticed most of the paperbacks are the same price. Sad I must have just been looking at Hardback stuff. However I have found a select few that have been in the $4 range some in the $5 range, but there's not a lot I've come across as of yet.

My buddy at work picked up a Kindle Fire as well. He likes it. It looks cool to me, maybe a little more complicated than the Nook from what I briefly saw of his. Unless he set it up like that. He's a little weird so he may have done that himself. Confused

Blink I have now started to play Angry Birds at work during my breaks. I may need to join a support group.Unsure I'm just glad I only have to pay for the games one time.

I have finally started to collect Star Wars comics. I had no idea I could get them on the Nook. I'm a Happy Camper now. Woot