RegisterDonateLogin

Sith tested, Mothma approved.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

THE HUNGER GAMES With ***SPOILERS***!!! Options
qvos
Posted: Wednesday, April 18, 2012 3:04:55 PM
Groups: Member

Okay, Its been a few weeks and THE Hunger Games has been out for almost a Month.
What did you think of the Movie?
Have you read the books?
How would you compare the two?

I absolutely loved the movie and have seen it three timesThumbsUp . I'll be the first to admit that I had never read the books before the movie came out. I made a point to read the 1st book before I went and saw it. Partly because I didn't understand the hype.
I thought the movie was awesome and the soundtrack unbelievable! I now listen to the soundtrack daily. Of course I thought that there were a few details from the book that would have been great in the Movie, Like the Muttations having the eyes of the dead tributes. But that wasn't enough for me dislike it.

What did you guys think?
EXTRA SPOILERS********************* SECOND AND THIRD BOOK*************
Also, I loved the second book," Catching Fire". The third book ," Mockinjay" left me feeling a little dissatisfied, even kinda disheartened in the end . I felt the whole end either was written way to fast or perhaps was a dream sequence.
Anyway, What did you think? You might put an Extra spoiler section up if you want to talk about the next book!!
AndyHatton
Posted: Wednesday, April 18, 2012 6:50:13 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

My girlfriend was a huge fan of the book series so we went to go see the movie. I liked it a lot, I thought it was well done and Jennifer Lawrence proves once again that she is a great acrtress. It was a great mix of action and a good story.

I have however found out that I am the only person on the planet that doesn't like Peeta. He does NOTHING but whine and complain the whole movie. OHHH I can throw heavy things! What a worthless talent. Oh no my leg hurts, Katniss you have to carry me! DO SOMETHING USEFUL!
juice man
Posted: Thursday, April 19, 2012 6:20:43 AM

The acting was good, I thought the director did the movie a disservice by useing too much chopy, jerky, way too close camera work. (think Blaire Witch)

The books were very good, read them in three days.

Book to movie +1

Agree that ending of the series was blah!

qvos
Posted: Thursday, April 19, 2012 2:03:54 PM

AndyHatton wrote:
My girlfriend was a huge fan of the book series so we went to go see the movie. I liked it a lot, I thought it was well done and Jennifer Lawrence proves once again that she is a great acrtress. It was a great mix of action and a good story.

I have however found out that I am the only person on the planet that doesn't like Peeta. He does NOTHING but whine and complain the whole movie. OHHH I can throw heavy things! What a worthless talent. Oh no my leg hurts, Katniss you have to carry me! DO SOMETHING USEFUL!
THats Funny! I guess he really didn't do anything. The book portrayed him as the one who was good at speaking to the audiences, and knowing how to play to the cameras. Maybe that didin't come out so much in the movie.
jedispyder
Posted: Thursday, April 19, 2012 6:18:51 PM

I saw the midnight showing (completely sold out 18 showings at the theatre, nice!). The movie, to me, was downright amazing. There were things I didn't fully get but could at least comprehend what they meant.

After getting out of the movie, the first thing I did after waiting 20 minutes to leave the packed theatre, was go to the store and buy all the books plus the amazing soundtrack. I'm not exactly a fast reader anymore so it took me a week to read the first book, 3 days to read Catching Fire, and a week to read Mockingjay. I felt that the creators of the movie captured the book almost perfectly and in fact did a little better in some aspects (Katniss getting the Mockingjay pin) and worse in others (Rue was great in the movie but fantastic in the book).

To me, Catching Fire was my favorite of the series, then Mockingjay (which took a small bit to get into but the last 200 pages were incredibly captivating and I read those as fast as I did Catching Fire). While I thought Hunger Games was a great novel, I thought it was the weakest of the series because so much needed to be explained to set up the rest of the series.
qvos
Posted: Thursday, April 19, 2012 6:49:19 PM

jedispyder wrote:
I saw the midnight showing (completely sold out 18 showings at the theatre, nice!). The movie, to me, was downright amazing. There were things I didn't fully get but could at least comprehend what they meant.

After getting out of the movie, the first thing I did after waiting 20 minutes to leave the packed theatre, was go to the store and buy all the books plus the amazing soundtrack. I'm not exactly a fast reader anymore so it took me a week to read the first book, 3 days to read Catching Fire, and a week to read Mockingjay. I felt that the creators of the movie captured the book almost perfectly and in fact did a little better in some aspects (Katniss getting the Mockingjay pin) and worse in others (Rue was great in the movie but fantastic in the book).

To me, Catching Fire was my favorite of the series, then Mockingjay (which took a small bit to get into but the last 200 pages were incredibly captivating and I read those as fast as I did Catching Fire). While I thought Hunger Games was a great novel, I thought it was the weakest of the series because so much needed to be explained to set up the rest of the series.
Great Point about Rue. Loved her. Interesting take on the Mockingjay book. Maybe I need to go back and read it again. I probably read through it to fast.
jedispyder
Posted: Thursday, April 19, 2012 6:59:40 PM

I'm a conspiracy theorist so I saw a lot of unspoken but likely true conspiracies with Coin in Mockingjay. I even brought it up to a friend of mine who was an avid-Girl on Fire fan and she never thought of one of my theories before but it made perfect sense. So I was looking at Mockingjay as a different type of book from the series, one where you have to look at it more along the lines of "are you certain what you're being told is the 100% truth?"
wannabe mexican
Posted: Saturday, April 21, 2012 4:04:27 AM

I saw the hype and decided to read the book. I powered through it in 3 days (really fast for me), then went to the cinema and saw it.

I think they did a really good job in the transition from book to film. I felt they casted Caesar incredibly well.
qvos
Posted: Saturday, April 21, 2012 5:50:11 AM

wannabe mexican wrote:
I saw the hype and decided to read the book. I powered through it in 3 days (really fast for me), then went to the cinema and saw it.

I think they did a really good job in the transition from book to film. I felt they casted Caesar incredibly well.
YA, I thought the same thing, I also thought they picked a good Seneca Crane. His beard was pretty cool too.