RegisterDonateLogin

The possibility of successfully navigating this site is approximately 3,720 to one.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Star Wars Miniverse podcast, Episode #51 Options
Chargers
Posted: Thursday, April 26, 2012 3:46:06 PM
Groups: Member

Star Wars Miniverse (or SWMv for short), a podcast devoted to the magic of the SWM skirmish game, continues with a brand new show.

http://www.swminiverse.com

In Episode 51, we review some new figures from the Vengeance V-Set. We also discuss some recent league games and Regional results. Plus, we take a look at "Never Tell Me the Odds" and how it affects gameplay. Another Top Ten List and Guess the Mini results round out the show.

Click on "show notes" to get the links, files, etc for the items that are covered in that episode.

While you are at the web-site:
1. Remember that the WotC scenarios live on! Check out the Docking Bay 94 section of our website for all the Wizards scenarios plus many non-WotC scenarios.
2. check out the web-only goodies. There is some good stuff here that we don't talk about on the show.
3. Downloadable mp3 are also available of each episode. Just check the link for each individual show.
4. Subscribe to the show.

And then join our forums at http://www.swminiverse.proboards.com/
You can go directly to the forums or access them from our website.
Participate in our Wacky Trivia!
Participate in our Star Wars Miniverse International League!

You may subscribe to the show through iTunes or other provider. Our feed is:
feed://www.swminiverse.com/SW_Miniverse/Star_Wars_Miniverse/rss.xml

ALSO : THE SHOW HAS CHANGED SERVER LOCATIONS. PLEASE MAKE SURE TO UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS FOR BOTH OUR WEBSITE AND OUR FEED!!

You may also do a search on iTunes for Star Wars Miniverse.

To get updates, etc, you may also follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

And as always, you can e-mail us with your comments, suggestions, and other feedback.
swminiverse@gmail.com
or leave us a voicemail: 608-622-SWMV (7968)
TheHutts
Posted: Sunday, April 29, 2012 4:43:02 PM

Marka Ragnos wouldn't get 6 attacks with Krayt, right. He would either get Lightsaber Assault, or an extra attack with Krayt, but not both?
philn1i1
Posted: Monday, April 30, 2012 3:51:57 PM

Lightsaber Assault - You can make two attacks. Most people think of using Assault before or after moving, however, you can use it while standing still. In Marka's case, using Assault with Twin gives him four attacks.

Extra Attack - If you don't move, you gain one extra cumulative attack if you choose not to move. If Marka uses Assault, stands still AND is within 6 of Krayt, he would gain extra attack, giving him six total attacks.

Owen may not have explained it the clearest, but this was his intent. I believe this is the correct interpretation of the rules.
TheHutts
Posted: Monday, April 30, 2012 4:03:10 PM

OK - I would have thought that because Lightsaber Assault replaces attacks, you wouldn't get the Extra Attack as well?
philn1i1
Posted: Monday, April 30, 2012 4:49:22 PM

Hmmm...now you've got me scratching my head.

The definition of "replaces attacks" does state that the character can't make other attacks that turn, even if another ability allows extra attacks. I've always assumed that wording was there so you didn't think you could use Lightning for one attack and then attack again with your normal attack (assuming you have Double Attack).

But, that's where I start going in circles. The extra attack is granted by a Commander Effect...so is it really another ability? Because of the wording cumulative (and the fact that it stacks), I've always played it that it would work in this scenario. I'll have to do some more research.
philn1i1
Posted: Monday, April 30, 2012 6:42:05 PM

Well...you got us! You're interpretation is correct. We will have to admit our error on the next episode. Thanks for catching it. I'd hate to keep playing it the wrong way...especially with Regionals coming up!

Thanks for your continued support of the show.
TheHutts
Posted: Monday, April 30, 2012 7:36:44 PM

No problem!