RegisterDonateLogin

Yousa all bombad.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Indiana Regional TILE WARS tournament winning SITH SQUAD Report Options
DarkDracul
Posted: Sunday, June 3, 2012 1:03:00 PM
Groups: Member

I really struggled with my squad design for the 2012 Indiana Regional. I play Sith squads exclusively and my favorite faction is unable to handle the diversity of squads currently out there. So, for several weeks I specifically designed and play tested against the Mace in Your Face squad, believing it would be my most prevalent opponent. I was still working on my squad the night before the regional as the New York and Atlanta players started showing up for the tile wars tournament. Which reminded me, I still needed to make a Tile Wars squad! So, I grabbed my regional squad and quickly threw together one of my Sith squad ideas.

I had no expectations of doing well.

Tile: Detention Block
62 Darth Revan DLotS
48 Darth Zannah
36 Lord Kann
14 Exar Kun, Dark Force Spirit
11 Darth Sideous
13 Kel Dor Bounty Hunter
10 Defel Pirate
3 Mouse Droid x2

Game 1 v.s Graham
Graham was running a massive damage shooter Rebel Pilot squad.
Squad; mostly all living, no force users, no force immunity, less than 80 hit points each.
I went first and ran Revan into the middle of his tile then tried to swap, and he said, “No, I have disruptive.” At which point I turned two shades of red in embarrassment at my mistake. It was then his turn and he defeated Revan. I activated Exar’s Dark Aura and my Kel Dor. Kel Dor and Defel were killed and Zannah took a ton of damage. I think I made one lightsaber expert roll. On my last turn I open the lower right detention cell with a mouse droid and ran Lord Kann into the middle of his squad. Luckily, I won initiative and Thought Bombed his entire squad, needing save of 15 or 80 damage. Afterward, only two pilots with a few hit points remained. Zannah (saves) or adjacent pilots miss and then Zannah corrupts to kill the two pilots and herself. Sideous Holo remains for the win.

Game 2 v.s Steve
Steve was running an IG droid squad with T-1, giving attacks after initiative was determined.
Squad; mostly droid, no force users, no force immunity, less than 80 hit points each.
He opened the door and killed my defel. I ran my Kel Dor towards his commanders and he took the AoO which put 40 damage on couple of his droids. Revan master sped, assaulted, and swapped in Zannah. Steve’s turn and he rolled several ones and I made a couple lightsaber expert rolls. Lord Kann joined the battle and somehow, I survived his barrage of attacks and my Sith lords cut down his droids.

Game 3 v.s Randy
Randy was running Palpatine on throne with several Imperial Sovereigns. 700+ HPS
Squad; mostly all living, all force users, no force immunity, more than 80 hit points each.
Randy set up Palps in the front row of his tile and I put Exar spirt in front row of my tile. I went first and activated Exar’s Dark Aura and moved him in the middle of Randy’s tile. Two Imperial sovereigns moved away from Palps towards me. I based Palps with the Kel Dor and ran Revan into the middle of his tile and assaulted a Sovereign and Palps then swapped in Lord Kaan. Sovereign attacked Kann, and Imperial Inquisitor used Turn to the Dark Side on Kann. I took the 20 damage and used Thought Bomb to kill most of his squad, my own Kel Dor, and his Palpatine. Revan and Zannah assalted and finished off the remaining 20 HP sovereigns.

Game 4 v.s Mike
Mike running Mandos Captain, Scouts with Cassus Fett
Squad; mostly all living, no force users, no immunity, less than 80 hitpoints.
Exar Spirit went first and moved out to Dark Aura. Scouts moved up and shot up Zannah. Revan ran to the middle of his tile and swapped in Lord Kann for Thought Bomb. Afterward, two scouts with 10 HP remained. Revan and Zannah finished off scouts.

Ironically, the squad I threw together in a minute won a regional event and the squad I spent a month designing and play testing faced nothing but shooters who shot it up all day!