RegisterDonateLogin

Kissed Luke to make Han jealous.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Battlefront 2 Options
SuperYodaMan
Posted: Thursday, July 12, 2012 9:02:39 PM
Groups: Member

I just remember loving playing BF1 and rather consistently getting 90-130 per battle, depending on map and faction, whereas my next best AI ally would have something like kills in the amount of the mid-teens at best. That's really hard to do in BF2; I haven't played in a long time, but I think most people are lucky to average half that amount. Sniping in BF1 was a lot easier too, because more of the maps had large open sections. I think I miss the Bespin maps the most, and the Platforms on Kashyyyk. I absolutely hated the Yavin IV Arena and the Kashyyyk Islands though; those were two of the maps that I could never win on if the AI was on the hardest difficulty setting. That's another difference I noticed between the two games: in BF1, increasing the AI setting actually made them a lot more difficult to fight; they were more accurate, they dodged more, and they were smarter overall. In BF2, I've found that the Elite setting basically just makes the AI more accurate and makes them try to avoid fire a little more, but they're still stupid as before and pose no real additional challenge. The hardest AI setting on BF1 was insanely difficult.
Bob Chizo
Posted: Tuesday, July 17, 2012 9:58:38 AM

SuperYodaMan wrote:
I just remember loving playing BF1 and rather consistently getting 90-130 per battle, depending on map and faction, whereas my next best AI ally would have something like kills in the amount of the mid-teens at best. That's really hard to do in BF2; I haven't played in a long time, but I think most people are lucky to average half that amount. Sniping in BF1 was a lot easier too, because more of the maps had large open sections. I think I miss the Bespin maps the most, and the Platforms on Kashyyyk. I absolutely hated the Yavin IV Arena and the Kashyyyk Islands though; those were two of the maps that I could never win on if the AI was on the hardest difficulty setting. That's another difference I noticed between the two games: in BF1, increasing the AI setting actually made them a lot more difficult to fight; they were more accurate, they dodged more, and they were smarter overall. In BF2, I've found that the Elite setting basically just makes the AI more accurate and makes them try to avoid fire a little more, but they're still stupid as before and pose no real additional challenge. The hardest AI setting on BF1 was insanely difficult.

Do you mean 90 to 130 kills?!Scared I only average about 70 to 100 kills per battle; you must be an insane player. Sniping was a lot easier in BF1, but I absolutely love camping on Kamino in BF2 and sniping the enemies as they enter the battlefield. I totally agree with your comment about difficulty, I played Battlefront 2 on Elite from the beginning, and it was way too easy. I personally loved the Yavin Arena, but I agree, Kashyyyk Islands suckedMad . Overall the first was the better game, better AI and better maps, although some of the classes in the second game are nicer, and the campaign is definitely better.
Commander_CoDy
Posted: Saturday, July 28, 2012 8:18:04 AM

I like both bespin maps, though platforms slightly more than cloud city. I would take a jet trooper to the middle platform and rack up the kills in that hallway. On Bf 2 I liked Tantive IV. I would rack up the reinforcements and per team troops to make it an epic battle tha was way more competitive than the movies. Kashyyk was disappointing because you could tell that they wanted to do the whole beach assault thing, but aside from the campaign mission there was no way you could sit in the trenches because of the CP on your side of the water. I really liked Hoth X because you could sit in the trenches and defend against the empire like troopers in the movie (albeit more successfullyBigGrin )

Had some good times on both those games, I do hope somebody picks up a Battlefront 3 if its that close to being finished.
knappskirata
Posted: Wednesday, August 29, 2012 1:01:32 PM

Has anyone ever hoped for a Battlefront 3
markedman247
Posted: Wednesday, August 29, 2012 1:13:08 PM

Numerous days and years. Such a fun FPS and simple enough not to get complicated.
Darth O
Posted: Wednesday, August 29, 2012 1:17:26 PM

yodarulz
Posted: Wednesday, August 29, 2012 10:04:11 PM

I loved BF2. It had a really good mod for the PC bringing back a lot of the BF1 maps, and even adding a KotOR era! I never really played online because it was just too daunting at the time. I think my favourite map was the Tantive IV. Nice and small, perfect place for a minefield LOL.
The most memorable thing though was the constant screaming of "Grenade!!" Whenever I toss a grenade in any game like COD with my friends, I have to say that.
Oh and there was A Clone Apart. Too bad Lucasarts canned them after episode 3... *while searching for link stumbles across episode 4 - bwha, they're continuing it??!! Awesome!*

...Grenaaade! Look out!
knappskirata
Posted: Thursday, August 30, 2012 5:39:26 AM

I already did
knappskirata
Posted: Thursday, August 30, 2012 5:41:16 AM

they should be releasing Battlefront 3 instead of this star wars 1313 it's stupid
Bubba Fett
Posted: Thursday, August 30, 2012 8:10:32 AM

I thought they already made a Battlefront 3 and a 4, though not known by those names. Wasn't Battlefront: Renegade Squadron the equal of a Battlefront 3, coming out not that long after. And a few years later they came out with Battlefront: Elite Squadron, hence the equivalent of a Battlefront 4. I have only played Battlefront 2 and Renegade Squadron. If they were coming out with an actual Battlefront 3 that sounds thrilling. I absolutely love Battlefront 2.

Snipers are awesome!BigGrin
knappskirata
Posted: Wednesday, September 5, 2012 12:46:37 PM

What new maps do u think there should be?
wannabe mexican
Posted: Wednesday, September 5, 2012 12:51:23 PM

There was a video on youtube of an hour of Battlefront 3 footage. But I just checked and Lucasfilm has had it removed for copyright. It was probably pre-alpha footage though. But it looked amazing.
knappskirata
Posted: Wednesday, September 5, 2012 1:59:34 PM

how do we know it's not just a rumor
knappskirata
Posted: Wednesday, September 5, 2012 2:01:33 PM

did u get to see the video?
corranhorn
Posted: Wednesday, September 5, 2012 2:02:04 PM

wannabe mexican wrote:
There was a video on youtube of an hour of Battlefront 3 footage. But I just checked and Lucasfilm has had it removed for copyright. It was probably pre-alpha footage though. But it looked amazing.

I've seen it as well. It's several years old. An employee leaked the trailer and then the company got sued or some such, I stopped thinking about Battlefront 3 a long time ago when I realized it would never happen. Crying
knappskirata
Posted: Wednesday, September 5, 2012 2:15:12 PM

Was it the video from stark unlimited
corranhorn
Posted: Wednesday, September 5, 2012 2:38:48 PM

knappskirata wrote:
Was it the video from stark unlimited

No idea, I think I remember some melee combat between a clone with no helmet and someone else, and a gray Eta Actis-2 lifting off.

It looked absolutely epic. :(
knappskirata
Posted: Wednesday, September 5, 2012 4:01:30 PM

Would force repulse or force heal be cool?
knappskirata
Posted: Wednesday, September 5, 2012 6:03:30 PM

Would force repulse or force heal be cool?
knappskirata
Posted: Wednesday, September 5, 2012 6:04:13 PM

Sorry posted twice