RegisterDonateLogin

Takes the Twin off the Flurry off the Twin and still has the Double left.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

~Calendar~ Bellevue WA May Events Options
Nightwalker
Posted: Sunday, April 19, 2009 10:44:37 AM
Groups: Member

Please Note: If Regionals is announced there will be an adjustment to the calender.

Saturday May 2nd 1pm-6pm
150 Point DCI Tournament

Wednesday May 6th 5pm-9pm
100pts

Saturday May 9th 1pm-6pm
300 Point Non-DCI Tournament

Wednesday May 13th 5pm-9pm
Battle of the Huges 200pts (Each squad must include atleast 90 points of huge characters)

Saturday MAy 16th 1pm-6pm
200 Point DCI Tournament

Wednesday May 20th 5pm-9pm
Progressive Format (Round 1 = 100pts, Round 2 = 150pts, Round 3 = 200pts and you may only add to the squad each round. You may not remove anything and each version of the squad must be declared at the beginning of the event.)

Saturday May 23rd 1pm-6pm
200 Point DCI Tournament

Wednesday May 27th 5-9pm
150pts Dark Side vs Light Side (Each squad may include characters from OR, Rebel, Republic and NR or Sith, Imperial, Separatist and Mandalorian. Sorry, no vong...they are nubs.)

Saturday May 30th 1pm-6pm
150 Point DCI Tournament

~~Update For Events~~

These Upcomming events are for the June Calendar, but we felt it was important to get the word out ahead of time and let you guys know what is comming up.

Midnight Release For Jedi Academy
Monday Night - Tuesday Morning, June 15th-16th
(Pt. Total will be posted when known)

Bellevue WA, Regionals Hosted by Uncles Games
Saturday, June 27th
(Time will be posted when it is known)
Pt. Total and format for Regionals can be found here:
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=starwars/article/USChampionship2009

Note:
~Anyone attending this event can send a pm to Omnus for contact information in regards to either event.

~Uncles will also be giving out information to contact Omnus as well.
Regionals will be held in the mall.

~Also for anyone who is new to the area crossroads mall includes a food court of pretty much any type of food you can think of as well as a Qfc grocery Store atatched to the mall as well.
Nightwalker
Posted: Sunday, April 19, 2009 10:45:11 AM

New Calendar Up. Phew... ok start the posts here now ^_^
Omnus
Posted: Sunday, April 19, 2009 10:48:20 AM

Important: After the 300 point event we will be playing General Obiwan Kenobi as the card reads for Soresu Mastery. Myself and the other 2 judges originally wanted to wait for the FAQ/errata to actually come out before we made any changes. But after talking about we decided that it would be best if everyone could get used to the fig before regionals which is estimated to be in may or june. We also wanted to give it 3 weeks so everyone would have a chance to hear about it and plan for it in their squads.

I know there are some heavy feelings about the strength of the piece. Yes, it a great piece. But please don't turn our calender of events into a debate about the piece. It is apparent now that the piece was always intended to work as the card reads. There ar many ways to take down GOWK. If you have serious worries about getting trumped by GOWK, feel free to message me and I would be happy to give you lots of suggestion for ways to beat him. Just as a start...Force Lightning, Force Push, Force Grip, Flamethrower, Overwhelming Force, Makashi, Force Immunity, Self Destruct, or Disentigration. Or just kill the other pieces in the squad and laugh at the pitiful 40 damage output from GOWK. The game is still fun, but there will be some great Obi squads. I just wanted to make sure everyone is prepared.

RevRevGar wrote:
I just want to make sure that I am correct in my understanding. AFTER the 300 point tourney, not at the 300 point tourney, but after that, we will be doing what the card says? I don't mind either way, but it might change my squad slightly depending on which one we do.

And also to make sure I understand the issue. His card says attacks, errata says Melee attacks, and Rob said follow the card, right?

-RevRevGar

AFTER the 300 point event.

The card says attacks, the glossary says melee attacks. Nickname's FAQ said follow the glossary. Which is usually what the official errata and faq's end up being. Rob has specifically said the card represents how the character was intended to be and the glossary contains the mistake. There isn't any official errata yet but we all know how long it can take. General policy is to follow the card if their is a discrepency but with GOWK it seemed like the glossary was just more specific and the card was incomplete or shortened. Also its pretty standard to error on the side of caution.

Like I said, we wanted to wait until there was an official faq but with regionals getting close, we felt it would be better let everyone get used to the piece before the event is on top of us. Most other major swm areas already started useing GOWK as the card reads for SSM.
Omnus
Posted: Sunday, April 19, 2009 10:54:48 AM

I copied that over from the previous calender, to make sure people are seeing it.

If anyone has questions about the Progressive format, feel free to ask. Your squad does not have to be exactly 100, 150 or 200. You can add more than 50 points of figs when you move to the next round aslong as you are still equal to or below the total for that round without removing any piece from your squad.
Nightwalker
Posted: Monday, April 20, 2009 8:37:05 AM

As example from what omnus said above you could do 99 point squad and when it goes to the enxt round u could add in yodabuck even though he is 51.
Omnus
Posted: Monday, April 20, 2009 8:47:48 AM

Great example.
Slie
Posted: Wednesday, April 22, 2009 9:22:54 AM

I take it no date for the regional has been set for May then? Do we know anything about a date?
Nightwalker
Posted: Wednesday, April 22, 2009 4:30:52 PM

No idea as for the date as far as i know maybe omnus has some idea...

as for today tournament i took third

1st round against tim i won

second round i lost to chriss graff because of his illegal map choice

third round i beat rob

2-1
Omnus
Posted: Wednesday, April 22, 2009 5:52:01 PM

When the store was approached about the possibility of hosting regionals, we were told may or june. More recently the store was basically told that they know where the event will be held and everyone will find out when and where at the same time.
amsnow
Posted: Wednesday, April 22, 2009 6:20:56 PM

Nightwalker wrote:

third round i beat rob

2-1

any other reports?
joelker41
Posted: Thursday, April 23, 2009 3:41:23 AM

amsnow wrote:
Nightwalker wrote:

third round i beat rob

2-1

any other reports?

Took 1st with a Grand Amiral Thrawn/5 sith sitch/Palpy on Throne squad.

Beat Nester's Republic squad.

Beat Rob's mandos/fringe.

And finally in one of the most interesting games I have had in a while, beat Graff's Mandos with a few well placed Lightnings.

Very fun to play that much shock therapy. Using GA Thrawn and a Bodyguard instead of Ozzel/Mitthrawn was a key touch IMO it gave the witches that extra +3 defense and in that format it was really key.

Well....I am on vacation for the next week so I wont be playing again until the 300 point event so good luck to everyone!
jporeb
Posted: Thursday, April 23, 2009 3:50:23 AM

Learned a good lesson. When playing Yobuk, dont forget to stop when done galloping and base the Bascelisk War Droid to attack and finish the War droid and possible win the game against Graff by two points!

Mabye I should stick to ol faithful Sep's!

Snakes, I hate snakes, and Sith Witches!

Good job by Tim (newby) who went 2 and 1.
jporeb
Posted: Thursday, April 23, 2009 3:55:29 AM

Question for OMNUS or Nightwalker. How many points is the Wed April 29th event? (Force users squad)
Nightwalker
Posted: Thursday, April 23, 2009 4:06:11 AM

Its 150pt just like the previous one.
amsnow
Posted: Thursday, April 23, 2009 5:14:52 AM

thanks for the reports, just curious to know how things are goin up there. i will be at the 300 point game though for sure
Nightwalker
Posted: Thursday, April 23, 2009 5:36:46 AM

^_^ ok np
Omnus
Posted: Sunday, April 26, 2009 12:31:07 PM

Can I get an idea of who might be interested in a 500 point army event. Must include atleast 3 Huges and atleast 150 points of figs that are 15pts or less.

Let me know...not sure when we would do it, seems way to big to do on a wednesday but who knows.
RevRevGar
Posted: Sunday, April 26, 2009 1:26:47 PM

Oh your just tempting me to bring Revan aren't you Omnus?!

A 500 pointer would be fantastic. Bring the fun!

-RevRevGar
amsnow
Posted: Sunday, April 26, 2009 2:14:52 PM

Omnus wrote:
Can I get an idea of who might be interested in a 500 point army event. Must include atleast 3 Huges and atleast 150 points of figs that are 15pts or less.

Let me know...not sure when we would do it, seems way to big to do on a wednesday but who knows.

do it
ChadB
Posted: Sunday, April 26, 2009 2:49:54 PM

Omnus wrote:

I'd definitely be up for something like that.