RegisterDonateLogin

When 900 years old Bloo Milk is, taste as good it will not.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

CVL 100 points results page Options
Jedi_Master
Posted: Wednesday, July 11, 2012 5:53:42 PM
Groups: Member

This is a clone of the post on SWMgamers. Both will be updated.

Remember to post; scores, winner, teams, and map. Also, winner posts, loser confirms.

Results:

Team Mando: 5/3, 639/537

Hinkbert:
Obikenobi1: 4/1, 472/285
Echo:
Greentime:
Commander_CoDy: 1/2, 167/252

Team Jedi Hunter: 5/3, 672/519

Thereisnotry: 2/0, 220/54
Johnnyb815:
R5Don4:
DieAndBeMetal:
Captain Typo: 1/3, 250/398
Minitank HT: 2/0, 202/67

Team Wookiee: 1/5, 254/488

Weeks:
Jedi_master: 1/1, 153/153
OhMyGOWK: 0/4, 195/450
Buttcabbge:
SuperYodaMan:

Winners: Team Jedi Hunter!!! (again)

Highest win to loss: Thereisnotry & minitank HT. Obikenobi1 honorable mention.
Highest points scored vs points scored against: Thereisnotry
Most wins and most points scored: Obikenobi1
Clone Wars: Jedi_master :P
SuperYodaMan
Posted: Wednesday, July 11, 2012 9:50:02 PM

Well, Team Jedi Hunter is cerainly stacked. Were these teams random?

I'm assuming you'll also be posting the round updates as well here.
Jedi_Master
Posted: Thursday, July 12, 2012 4:10:54 AM

SuperYodaMan wrote:
Well, Team Jedi Hunter is cerainly stacked. Were these teams random?

I'm assuming you'll also be posting the round updates as well here.

Actually, each round I have been making a new post. Team JH won last round (mostly because of tint) and my team was almost unplayed. Seems better this time around :P
Mando
Posted: Friday, July 13, 2012 9:08:29 PM

obikenobi1 defeats Captain_Typo on Cantina

Score: 101-85

Obikenobi1's squad:
--Sora's Assassin's--
33 Sora Bulq
20 General Whorm Loathsom
18 Devaronian Assassin
17 IG-86 Assassin Droid
6 Mouse Droid x2
6 Ugnaught Demolitionist x2

(100pts. 8 activations)

Captain Typo's squad:
--What are the Odd's?....--
55 Kazdan Paratus
8 Obi-Wan Kanobi, Jedi Spirit (to Zuckuss)
35 Zuckuss, Bounty Hunter

98 points, 3 activations

This game was a nail bitter to the end. I won off of gambit with Whorm for the win. Good thing i kept him in the bar sipping drinks all game. This isn't the first time I've faced Typo's droidsanity squad. He got reserves 4 times. Yeah, that makes it really hard to advance. Sora Bulq dished out 60 dmg of a Jedi Hunter Droid before dieing a rather painfull death. Good thing i didn't reroll my first failed Djem so save. I wanted to save the forcepoint for a successful djem so and then Sith rage on th twin, so thankfully i got the second Djem so save to fall. Very close game. Good game and a fun time as always Captain Typo.
Captain Typo
Posted: Friday, July 13, 2012 9:15:27 PM

Confirm 101-85

I would like to thank obikenobi1 for a loss on my first league game!

Ob1 hung in gambit and racked up points taking out the reserve droids I was using.
A nicely played push with Sora Bulq, Devarion Assassin and IG-86 forced my hand. I got droids 30 and inti, but it was too late Sora Bulq did 60 damage to EG-05 with sith rage DjemSo; and IG-86 finish him off for the 27 points!

Ob1, with only Whorm left gets his Gambit! Kazdan bases him 1 turn too late, Zuckuss, two of my pulled IG-86s will come around the corner to see 101 points and cry some droid oil.
Jedi_Master
Posted: Sunday, July 15, 2012 8:13:45 AM

updated to here
SuperYodaMan
Posted: Sunday, July 15, 2012 7:18:57 PM

I'm assuming the first two numbers of the recorded games are wins/losses and the second two numbers are points for/points against. It's just a little confusing to see scores for three teams when everybody is playing everybody and the teams aren't pitted against one other specific team.

Also, is there any particular reason you added the odd 16th player to the roster of the team that's currently in the lead by a relatively substantial amount? Determining winners for each round is going to be skewed if one or more teams has an extra player, as it would result in one additional set of scores that the other teams would not have, and simply disregarding the highest or lowest record/score of the team with extra players (which is the only way I can surmise to deal with the problem at the moment) is not an accurate representation of the team's performance, nor is it fair to the player whose score would end up getting dropped in the end.
Mando
Posted: Monday, July 16, 2012 10:23:58 AM

SuperYodaMan wrote:
I'm assuming the first two numbers of the recorded games are wins/losses and the second two numbers are points for/points against. It's just a little confusing to see scores for three teams when everybody is playing everybody and the teams aren't pitted against one other specific team.

Also, is there any particular reason you added the odd 16th player to the roster of the team that's currently in the lead by a relatively substantial amount? Determining winners for each round is going to be skewed if one or more teams has an extra player, as it would result in one additional set of scores that the other teams would not have, and simply disregarding the highest or lowest record/score of the team with extra players (which is the only way I can surmise to deal with the problem at the moment) is not an accurate representation of the team's performance, nor is it fair to the player whose score would end up getting dropped in the end.

I somewhat agree that Minitank HT should be put on another team, preferably mine, since out of all the teams, I'm to only one who has played any games on my team so far for 100pts. I don't think Tint needs any more help.Smile
Jedi_Master
Posted: Monday, July 16, 2012 4:40:22 PM

Mando wrote:
SuperYodaMan wrote:

I somewhat agree that Minitank HT should be put on another team, preferably mine, since out of all the teams, I'm to only one who has played any games on my team so far for 100pts. I don't think Tint needs any more help.Smile

Actually, games against players on your team do not count towards scoring. As for scoring and the guy placement, the ratio is the important part, there are five wins. Individual with best win to loss ratio (must play a minimum of 3 games to qualify), individual with best points scored to points scored against ratio (same qualifier), Team with the best win to loss ratio, team with the best points scored to points scored against ratio. Lastly is the player with the most wins.

The placement should be easy to determine from there. With more players, the ratios are harder to keep up (more games played makes for more average ratios) giving other teams a better chance to win on ratio.
Mando
Posted: Monday, July 16, 2012 5:05:28 PM

obikenobi1 (Mando) defeats Captain Typo on Smugglers Base

Score: 103-0

Obikenobi's squad:
--Savages and Saviors--
51 Celeste Morne
30 Vergere
10 Chazrach
9 Ugnaught Demolitionist x3

(100pts. 6 activations)

Typo's squad:
--What are the Odd's?....--
55 Kazdan Paratus
8 Obi-Wan Kanobi, Jedi Spirit (to Zuckuss)

98 points, 3 activations

This was a very quick game, as Typo couldn't roll a reserves (lucky me) and I cornered him by second round. I won a crucial init when my Zuckuss did anticipation to reroll and the reroll was lower than mine. It would have been higher, and that would have been bad news for celeste for at least 1 round. In the end, I just had too much damage reduction to handle for kazdan and zuckuss. Good game, and hopefully next time, Typo gets some reserves. I was really worried I'd lose this game if he got some reserves rolls.
Captain Typo
Posted: Monday, July 16, 2012 5:19:54 PM

confirm 103-0

Good moves using force points to move faster.

Short and sweet. Celeste Morne Tripple Ambush works great!

Good play obikenobi1.
SuperYodaMan
Posted: Tuesday, July 17, 2012 9:04:41 PM

Are we required to use the same squad every match we play, or are we allowed to use differents squads in different matches (especially considering that we're playing up to 10 games this round and people are posting squads; not using a different squad makes it too easy for potential opponents to plan around your squad)?
Mando
Posted: Wednesday, July 18, 2012 4:38:02 AM

SuperYodaMan wrote:
Are we required to use the same squad every match we play, or are we allowed to use differents squads in different matches (especially considering that we're playing up to 10 games this round and people are posting squads; not using a different squad makes it too easy for potential opponents to plan around your squad)?

No you aren't required to play the same squad every time. It is good to mix it up and try new squads that can compete.
Captain Typo
Posted: Friday, July 20, 2012 7:39:11 PM

Captain Typo vs. OhMyGOWK
115-94

Map: Cantina

Captain Typo
--What are the odds...?---
55 Kazdan Paratus
8 Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi Spirit (to Zuckuss)

98 points, 3 activations

OhMyGOWK
--Mini Solo Charge--
45 Mara Jade, Jedi
29 Ganner Rhysode
23 Anakin Solo
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist

(100pts. 4 activations)

9 round game. I got Droids 30 on rounds 1,2,4,7,8,9. Pulling mainly IG-86, BattleDroids, and Probe Droids, with an early Battle Droid Officer.

Round 3: With an init win, Zuckuss snared Ganner. OhMyGOWK satchel charged the door after a levitate from a snared Ganner.

Zuckuss could only snare 1 per round and OhMyGOWK kept racking up points with Gambit and droid fodder, and pushes the issue with Anakin Solo (with Unleash the Force 60). I put all my effort to take out Anakin Solo (round 5-6).

Round 7: OhMyGOWK shakes off 5 ooa's from the droids that where in the way with a nice move and takes out another IG-86 with cunning and twin! I am losing (36-81 points). I chip Mara down to 30HP.

Round 8: lost inti, but OhMyGOWK has me go 1st. Because of that, Zuck uses his Intuition to run and hide while Kazdan use his Surprise Move to get close enough for a Droideka (Jedi Hunter and Twin) drop(DroidsReserves30) to be within 6 of Mara. Many Battle Droids Combine Fire and takes out Mara.
Darth O uses Ganner to LS Sweep 8 more points!
(81-89)

Last round:(86-94) Huge init!
With recon, I get rerolls and I choose the tie (wanting Droids30 again).
I reroll a 20 for inti, pull a EG-05 Jedi Hunter Droid and game. (115-94)

Tight game and nice playing with OhMyGOWK on the other side of the planet.
Darth O
Posted: Friday, July 20, 2012 8:45:45 PM

Captain Typo wrote:
Captain Typo vs. OhMyGOWK
115-94

Confirmed. If you hadn't got that crit on Mara with Zuckuss, I would have won! I did get a 20 myself though, so it just came down to timing haha. Well played anyway, sir! You deserved the victory either way ThumpUp
SuperYodaMan
Posted: Friday, July 20, 2012 10:05:28 PM

Darth O/OhMyGOWK: as your teammate, I would like to make the suggestion that you try using a new squad, preferably one that hasn't lost all three games you've played with it. Tongue
Darth O
Posted: Saturday, July 21, 2012 2:35:26 AM

SuperYodaMan wrote:
Darth O/OhMyGOWK: as your teammate, I would like to make the suggestion that you try using a new squad, preferably one that hasn't lost all three games you've played with it. Tongue

They were actually three completely different squads! Republic, Seps, and NR Flapper I'll just have to play better....
SuperYodaMan
Posted: Saturday, July 21, 2012 6:59:34 AM

Darth O wrote:
SuperYodaMan wrote:

They were actually three completely different squads! Republic, Seps, and NR Flapper I'll just have to play better....

Haha, I guess you're right. I got you mixed up with obikenobi1/Mando and his Kazdan Squad. That's embarassing... lol.
Jedi_Master
Posted: Saturday, July 21, 2012 9:33:56 AM

Hey guys, just over a week left in the 100 point round. Next round will be 200 point tile wars ^^ For those of you who couldn't guess, we are trying to run it about a month a round (except when we do the 500 point epic round :P)

And don't worry if you miss out on a round, after all rounds are over we will reset the league ^^
SuperYodaMan
Posted: Saturday, July 21, 2012 11:27:29 PM

I still need to get in a few games. I'm usually only available in the late evenings (after 9:30PM US Central Time) most days, so players that are available please send me a BM and let me know so I can actually participate in the round.

Also, is there a guide to playing tile wars somewhere that I can read? I've never played tile wars before.