RegisterDonateLogin

Crack open a bottle of Tatooine's finest.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

CVL 200 point tile wars results page Options
Jedi_Master
Posted: Saturday, August 25, 2012 10:56:43 AM
Groups: Member

Scores finally updated!!!

Also, due to gencon, we are pushing this round an extra week or so.
Minitank HT
Posted: Saturday, August 25, 2012 4:41:29 PM

Minatank HT defeats Jedi Master 200-90

Minitank:
mitth'rawn
Arica
General Weir
4 Storm commandoes
Admiral Gilad Palleon
Grand Moff Tarkin
Wicket
2 mice

Jedi Master
26 HK-50 Assassin Droid
23 Commando Droid Captain
20 General Whorm Loathsom
40 T1 Series Bulk Loader Droid x2
20 T-Series Tactical Droid
18 Battle Droid Lieutenant
18 Super Battle Droid Commander
15 Battle Droid Sergeant
12 Gha Nachkt
8 Battle Droid Officer

Grand Moff Tarkin shined and i was able to kill one loader within the first phase of the game, stopping Jedi Master from loading the other one into my storm commandoes. From there it came down to trading damage, and he killed the moff, the mice and a storm commando while i got rid of another loader and more commanders. Eventually he got to thrawn and wicket as well, but was unable to stop weir and the last storm commandoes taking out his HK and sealing the game. A very good game BigGrin
Jedi_Master
Posted: Saturday, August 25, 2012 5:11:21 PM

Minitank HT wrote:
Minatank HT defeats Jedi Master 200-90

Minitank:
mitth'rawn
Arica
General Weir
4 Storm commandoes
Admiral Gilad Palleon
Grand Moff Tarkin
Wicket
2 mice

Jedi Master
26 HK-50 Assassin Droid
23 Commando Droid Captain
40 T1 Series Bulk Loader Droid x2
20 T-Series Tactical Droid
18 Battle Droid Lieutenant
18 Super Battle Droid Commander
15 Battle Droid Sergeant
12 Gha Nachkt
8 Battle Droid Officer

Grand Moff Tarkin shined and i was able to kill one loader within the first phase of the game, stopping Jedi Master from loading the other one into my storm commandoes. From there it came down to trading damage, and he killed the moff, the mice and a storm commando while i got rid of another loader and more commanders. Eventually he got to thrawn and wicket as well, but was unable to stop weir and the last storm commandoes taking out his HK and sealing the game. A very good game BigGrin

It was a good game, to bad the first turn of the first round I lost a T-1 before it could do anything. Stupid Tarkin CE letting his team go 3 times on the first activation. HK did his thing good, just not good enough to take on 3 storm commandos and weir. Good match, bad first turn for me.
SuperYodaMan
Posted: Thursday, August 30, 2012 5:39:33 PM

The scoring shows that obikenobi1 has played 4 games, but only three games that he's played have been posted. Is there one on Gamers that I'm missing, or was there a mistake made when the scores were updated?
Mando
Posted: Thursday, August 30, 2012 7:09:50 PM

SuperYodaMan wrote:
The scoring shows that obikenobi1 has played 4 games, but only three games that he's played have been posted. Is there one on Gamers that I'm missing, or was there a mistake made when the scores were updated?

yes there is one on gamers against Jedi_Master
Darth O
Posted: Thursday, August 30, 2012 7:39:18 PM

Darth O defeats Mando 200-80

Darth O's squad:

--Tile Wars 200-- on Detention Block
71 Lord Vader
32 Thrawn (Mitth'raw'nuruodo)
31 Arica
34 Storm Commando x2
13 Czerka Scientist
11 Grand Moff Tarkin
8 Wicket

(200pts. 8 activations)

Mando's squad:

--Battle of Hypori 200pt Tile Wars-- on Detention Block
42 General Grievous, Hero of Hypori
39 HK-47, Assassin Droid
32 B3 Ultra Battle Droid
25 Alexi, BS head
14 Captain Mar Tuuk
10 Quarren Bounty Hunter
10 Figrin D'an
8 Wicket

(200pts. 9 activations)

One word can describe how this game went: ROLLS. Because of HK's Disruptive, my plan of activating 3 in the first phase was screwed, so I decided to use Arica. She barraged everyone but Whorm, and Figrin attempted Draw Fire on each attack. And Arica made each and every save. She made all her hits but two, leaving HK-47 with 70 HP, Figrin with 20, and the rest either dead or minus 40 HP. Thrawn and a Storm Commando weren't within the Disruptive bubble either, so I swapped one in for Arica and had 4 attacks on the B3, missing two and hitting two for the kill.

He then proceeded to use Grievous' Spinning Blade Attack, and took out Wicket and Tarkin, put 20 on a Storm Commando, and 30 on Vader and Arica. HK-47 then put 20 on Vader (who made every single Dark Armor save all game) and killing the wounded Storm Commando.

Instead of attacking Grievous needing 15s (Doctrine of Fear and +4 defense from HK), I went for HK with Vader using Force Leap and LS Assault. Figrin's draw fire FINALLY worked, so I had to kill him. Silly me using both FPs already! *facepalm*

Next init, Vader used LS Assault on HK and got 4 hits thanks to a reroll. Grievous then killed my Czerka and Arica as well as putting 30 on Vader with his SBA. My remaining Storm Commando got a crucial hit on Grievous (needing 15s) so Vader could kill him next round. That's exactly what happened. Vader made both hits, and then it was just Alexi and Whorm, who are easy work for Lord Vader, a Storm Commando, and Thrawn.

Mando played really well considering he had horrible rolls and I had amazing ones. Good game!
Minitank HT
Posted: Thursday, August 30, 2012 11:03:06 PM

minitank HT defeats SuperYodaMan 200 - 24

Minitank HT
40 T-series Tacticl Droid x2
54 3x A-series Assassin droid
18 BX commando droid spotter
16 Ig 86 assassin droid
15 Battle droid sargent
12 gha nackht
8 Battle droid officer
8 wicket
3 ugnaught demolitionist
6 mouse droid x3

SuperYodaMan Can't Touch This
56 Jaina Solo, Sword of the Jedi
33 Jacen Solo, Jedi Knight
30 Vergere
25 Leia Skywalker, Jedi Knight
23 General Wedge Antilles
20 Yoda, Force Spirit
12 Mouse Droid x4 (199pts. 10 activations)

I set up on detention block, yodaman on the engineering bay. his tile didn't have any doors so i was able to use my pre-round attacks and init win to kill leia and then wedge before he could play a unit. He blasted three of my mice which i had used (in futility) to block his jaina charge and charged in with her to kill an unactivated A Series droid. From there though she was in trouble from the last A series and the IG-86 who, together, were able to kill her within the first round. yodaman saw he wasn't likely to get any points from there and conceeded within the first round. Neither jaina nor wedge were able to make any save they made which did nothing to help his chances so the rolls did not go his way. Good game BigGrin
SuperYodaMan
Posted: Thursday, August 30, 2012 11:11:21 PM

Confirmed. My misunderstanding of the tile placement rules was what screwed me over, because it forced me to place the tile in a way that left Leia and Wedge wide open. Once again, I knew I lost before the game even started. The dice hate me still; I failed every setup, initative, and save roll (even after FPRR two of them), save one on a Parry on an AoO from an Uggy, and only landed three attack rolls that needed anything but a 1. MT, on the other hand, missed only one attack roll. And now of the four different droid sqauds that have been run, three have been against me, and I've faced the Detention Block tile on every single game. Getting a little sick of it... Angry

Maybe it's a sign that I should take a break from Tile Wars for a bit. Tongue It's an interesting game, and the rules are understandable once you've played a few games, but the way they're explained on the forums is, in my opinion, somewhat confusing for new players like myself. The different sqaud building dynamics isn't an issue, it's getting the rules down. I would like to play a couple games with someone not on Team Jedi Hunter, however, because I'll most likely lose and, since I don't have a shot at coming close to placing anything other than last this round at this point, I'll just be helping my opponent along. I've already given enough points to Team JH. Flapper
Darth O
Posted: Friday, August 31, 2012 3:31:46 AM

Darth O defeats MalaciousCrumb 200-151

Darth O's squad on Detention Block:

--Tile Wars 200--
71 Lord Vader
31 Arica
34 Storm Commando x2
13 Czerka Scientist
11 Grand Moff Tarkin
8 Wicket

(200pts. 8 activations)

MalaciousCrumb's squad also on Detention Block:

65 Mace Windu, Legacy of the Light Side
55 Yoda
21 The Dark Woman
18 Jar Jar Binks
17 Qui-Gon Jinn, Force Spirit
13 Gamorrean Bodyguard
9 R2-D2, Astromech Droid
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist

(200 pts. 8 activations)

What a game. It swung drastically both ways. It started off with a couple of taps of lesser characters and then I moved Wicket up to open the first door to let Arica in for a Blaster Barrage. She put 40 on The Dark Woman, killed the uggie, put 20 on Mace - who reflected 10 back to her - and crucially missed an attack on R2 needing 4 to leave him at 10 HP. Crumb then towed Mace into my forces and took a couple of AoOs from my Storm Commandos, taking another 40 damage. He then proceeded to put 120 on damage on Vader with a crit, but Vader imediately finished him off with Opportunist and LS Assault. Mace couldn't use Force Absorb, so he went down straight away.

From there I thought I had the game. I moved some people up to take on the rest of Crumb's forces, but Jar Jar kept making all his Bombad saves with those rerolls AND force points. Eventually I killed everyone but Yoda, Qui-Gon, and Jar Jar. Vader, one commando, and Wicket fell to redirected attacks from my own guys.

I then had a light-bulb moment. I moved Tarkin up to Yoda so Jar Jar couldn't draw fire. I then swapped him out for my remaining Storm Commando and put some damage on Yoda; he already had taken some damage from Arica's second barrage. Qui-Gon died to Arica's remaining force point. I swapped Arica in next round after shooting him again, and got him down to 20 HP. I then needed to win init and kill him and essentially end the game. Good ol' Vassal dice. I got a 1 on my init roll and lost Arica. Thankfully, I managed to swap in my Storm Commando and kill that lil' green menace and take away Jar Jar's free rerolls.

From there, I spent ages trying to get my guys out of Bambad Gungan range, knowing that with my high-damage attacks, I would end up killing whomever Crumb chose thanks to Jar Jar's force points from The Dark Woman and Qui-Gon. I eventually managed to get my one commando and Thrawn out of the 6-square area of suicide and had Jar Jar make most of his saves. Unfortunately, most wasn't enough and Thrawn killed him after ducking around a corner just out of his range. I was just about pulling my hair out by the end. Crumb made a very good squad, and could easily have won if his last few rolls had been good. Good game!
Mando
Posted: Friday, August 31, 2012 3:54:55 AM

Darth O wrote:
Darth O defeats Mando 200-80

Darth O's squad:

--Tile Wars 200-- on Detention Block
71 Lord Vader
31 Arica
34 Storm Commando x2
13 Czerka Scientist
11 Grand Moff Tarkin
8 Wicket

(200pts. 8 activations)

Mando's squad:

--Battle of Hypori 200pt Tile Wars-- on Detention Block
42 General Grievous, Hero of Hypori
39 HK-47, Assassin Droid
32 B3 Ultra Battle Droid
25 Alexi, BS head
14 Captain Mar Tuuk
10 Quarren Bounty Hunter
10 Figrin D'an
8 Wicket

(200pts. 9 activations)

One word can describe how this game went: ROLLS. Because of HK's Disruptive, my plan of activating 3 in the first phase was screwed, so I decided to use Arica. She barraged everyone but Whorm, and Figrin attempted Draw Fire on each attack. And Arica made each and every save. She made all her hits but two, leaving HK-47 with 70 HP, Figrin with 20, and the rest either dead or minus 40 HP. Thrawn and a Storm Commando weren't within the Disruptive bubble either, so I swapped one in for Arica and had 4 attacks on the B3, missing two and hitting two for the kill.

He then proceeded to use Grievous' Spinning Blade Attack, and took out Wicket and Tarkin, put 20 on a Storm Commando, and 30 on Vader and Arica. HK-47 then put 20 on Vader (who made every single Dark Armor save all game) and killing the wounded Storm Commando.

Instead of attacking Grievous needing 15s (Doctrine of Fear and +4 defense from HK), I went for HK with Vader using Force Leap and LS Assault. Figrin's draw fire FINALLY worked, so I had to kill him. Silly me using both FPs already! *facepalm*

Next init, Vader used LS Assault on HK and got 4 hits thanks to a reroll. Grievous then killed my Czerka and Arica as well as putting 30 on Vader with his SBA. My remaining Storm Commando got a crucial hit on Grievous (needing 15s) so Vader could kill him next round. That's exactly what happened. Vader made both hits, and then it was just Alexi and Whorm, who are easy work for Lord Vader, a Storm Commando, and Thrawn.

Mando played really well considering he had horrible rolls and I had amazing ones. Good game!

Confirmed. Good game!
MaliciousCrumb
Posted: Monday, September 3, 2012 11:38:16 AM

Darth O wrote:
Darth O defeats MalaciousCrumb 200-151

Darth O's squad on Detention Block:

--Tile Wars 200--
71 Lord Vader
31 Arica
34 Storm Commando x2
13 Czerka Scientist
11 Grand Moff Tarkin
8 Wicket

(200pts. 8 activations)

MalaciousCrumb's squad also on Detention Block:

65 Mace Windu, Legacy of the Light Side
55 Yoda
21 The Dark Woman
18 Jar Jar Binks
17 Qui-Gon Jinn, Force Spirit
13 Gamorrean Bodyguard
9 R2-D2, Astromech Droid
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist

(200 pts. 8 activations)

What a game. It swung drastically both ways. It started off with a couple of taps of lesser characters and then I moved Wicket up to open the first door to let Arica in for a Blaster Barrage. She put 40 on The Dark Woman, killed the uggie, put 20 on Mace - who reflected 10 back to her - and crucially missed an attack on R2 needing 4 to leave him at 10 HP. Crumb then towed Mace into my forces and took a couple of AoOs from my Storm Commandos, taking another 40 damage. He then proceeded to put 120 on damage on Vader with a crit, but Vader imediately finished him off with Opportunist and LS Assault. Mace couldn't use Force Absorb, so he went down straight away.

From there I thought I had the game. I moved some people up to take on the rest of Crumb's forces, but Jar Jar kept making all his Bombad saves with those rerolls AND force points. Eventually I killed everyone but Yoda, Qui-Gon, and Jar Jar. Vader, one commando, and Wicket fell to redirected attacks from my own guys.

I then had a light-bulb moment. I moved Tarkin up to Yoda so Jar Jar couldn't draw fire. I then swapped him out for my remaining Storm Commando and put some damage on Yoda; he already had taken some damage from Arica's second barrage. Qui-Gon died to Arica's remaining force point. I swapped Arica in next round after shooting him again, and got him down to 20 HP. I then needed to win init and kill him and essentially end the game. Good ol' Vassal dice. I got a 1 on my init roll and lost Arica. Thankfully, I managed to swap in my Storm Commando and kill that lil' green menace and take away Jar Jar's free rerolls.

From there, I spent ages trying to get my guys out of Bambad Gungan range, knowing that with my high-damage attacks, I would end up killing whomever Crumb chose thanks to Jar Jar's force points from The Dark Woman and Qui-Gon. I eventually managed to get my one commando and Thrawn out of the 6-square area of suicide and had Jar Jar make most of his saves. Unfortunately, most wasn't enough and Thrawn killed him after ducking around a corner just out of his range. I was just about pulling my hair out by the end. Crumb made a very good squad, and could easily have won if his last few rolls had been good. Good game!

I wasn't planning on using detention block, but since Darth O couldn't see the dormer car tile, I had to choose another one. That might have lost me the game, but we'll never know!BigGrin

Darth O really had some unlucky and hilarious bad rolls, like:
Arica's blaster barrage on R2
The init of 1 so I could kill Arica with Yoda

I made 1 crucial mistake at the beginning of the game, which was moving Mace up, but provoking AoOs. I wasn't used to the Detention block map, so I didn't know that he could've moved up without those! I thought that there was a wall where there wasn't.

I also should've kept mace back until Darth O had done his acts, but I was in such a hurry to take out Vader with his sweeping.

A good move that I did was to Force Defend against Vader's lightsaber sweep. He had used that and rage or assault, so I forced him to waste his turn with that move. Then I just double attacked him with Yoda, and the real threat was eliminated. (Even though Darth O doesn't think that he was that big of a threat to that squad)

Jar Jar rolled big whenever he attacked, and did about 30-50 damage total in the whole game.

(Also, Darth O thought the game was over (literally) once I failed the Bombad Gungan save, and forgot to roll his attack, but I reminded him and he failed the attack! That was really funny for me.ThumbsUp

It was a great game, and remained close the whole time. CONFIRMED!
Minitank HT
Posted: Friday, September 7, 2012 9:55:30 PM

Minitank HT defeats SuperYodaMan 200 - 110

Minitank HT

71 Lord Vader
32 Mitt'thrawn
51 Storm Commando x3
13 Czerk
a Scientist
12 Rodian Assassin
11 Grand Moff Tarkin
8 Wicket (198 pts, 9 activations)

22 Lieutenant Page
21 Admiral Ackbar
21 Commando on Speeder Bike
18 Rebel Commando Strike Leader
16 General Crix Madine
84 Veteran Rebel Commando x6
13 Czerka Scientist
5 Bespin Guard (200pts. 13 activations)

a very interesting game. I set up on detention block, yodaman used the freight car. First phase i used my 3 activations to blast his non-super stealth czerka, ackbar, and speeder bike into oblivion. In retaliation he killed wicket but was unable to roll enough to put anything on my other peices. I decided to move vader in, and he got himself adjacent to 3 commandoes taking a crit aoo in the process. Then i used sweep and rage to take out only one commando, and put 30 damage on the other two. Those misses came back to bite me, as yodaman spent the round pouring fire onto vader. On paper he would hit about a quarter of his shots, but he managed in reality a 50 % sucess rate that left my vader at 20 HP with no force left. I was unable to shoot any of his peices with my storm commandoes due to his abundant super stealth

The next round i won init and finished off the damaged commandos, before running to what i though was safety with vader. I also managed to kill another using two of my storm commandoes before he got to his first phase. However, yodaman used grenades on all three, and killed my 20 HP vader. From there we traded blows as i charged in all my peices to get around his super stealth. Eventually i was able to get a first phase charge in to kill both page and the final veteran commando, sealing the game. However, it was very close. I had only 2 storm commandoes, one on 20 HP and one on 40 HP, left before yodaman would have got to my non-damaging commanders.
SuperYodaMan
Posted: Saturday, September 8, 2012 2:53:50 AM

Minitank HT wrote:
Minitank HT defeats SuperYodaMan 200 - 110

Confirmed. I might've won if it weren't for the fact that I misunderstood targeting with Stealth and super-stealth, as I haven't played a game where I encountered it in a long time; I lost my Speeder because I thought it was safe when it wasn't, and that single strafe could have very well won me the game. I don't think I won initiative once the entire game, so my squad lost half its power it had with Cunning +20, and Tarkin letting MT activate 3 characters didn't help either. Crummy dice rolls all around, save for the crit on my one AoO on Vader. I also second-guessed myself about which squad to use, and had I used one of my super-stealth death-shot squads, it also might have turned out differently, but I didn't, so it didn't. Good game, though. Closest one so far.
SuperYodaMan
Posted: Saturday, September 8, 2012 2:57:00 AM

Just played a game with MaliciousCrumb that, long story short, ended up taking 5 hours to get through. The VASSAL dice were absolutely awful on both sides, and I won, barely, because Crumb got the worst of it. We didn't realize until after we finished that Crumb forgot to set up one of his main figures, so we had to scrap the game. It definitely was a fun game, but 5 hours down the drain and a win that doesn't count isn't too fun.
Darth O
Posted: Saturday, September 8, 2012 4:29:26 AM

SuperYodaMan wrote:
Just played a game with MaliciousCrumb that, long story short, ended up taking 5 hours to get through. The VASSAL dice were absolutely awful on both sides, and I won, barely, because Crumb got the worst of it. We didn't realize until after we finished that Crumb forgot to set up one of his main figures, so we had to scrap the game. It definitely was a fun game, but 5 hours down the drain and a win that doesn't count isn't too fun.

Wow. My deepest sympathies Sad
MaliciousCrumb
Posted: Saturday, September 8, 2012 10:14:12 AM

He didn't tell you that it was 11 o clock to 4 o clock for me, and it was 1 o clock to 6 o clock for him.
Yes, I was awake from 11pm - 4am.
Also, SYM had some trouble with the internet, so he took a long time to get his squad going. That took longer than you'd think.

By the end of the game, I really felt... >snore<

I never knew how hard it was to roll 9s before in my life.
Jedi_Master
Posted: Tuesday, September 11, 2012 7:39:56 PM

Well this round bit the dust. Anybody up for an open round format? (all types available but each kept track of separately?)
MaliciousCrumb
Posted: Wednesday, September 12, 2012 6:25:43 AM

I guess so. Is that like a choice between a bunch of options of playing a game?
SuperYodaMan
Posted: Wednesday, September 12, 2012 4:20:56 PM

I don't think open round is such a good idea because, if people play legal game types with point costs other than 200 (e.g. Dynamic Duo, 150s, EPIC, etc.), the total points earned would be skewed and couldn't be scaled to a singular number (like 200) accurately (for example, multiplying the point totals of a Dynamic Duo game by 2 would not be an accurate representation of the end result of the game had it been 200 points, similar to how scaling back the totals of an EPIC 500 would not be accurate), and keeping track of the different totals for different game types and then figuring out a way to combine them for a points total at the end would be a nightmare. You could just let this round keep going but let people play standard 200 skirmishes (Gambit rules) as well.
MaliciousCrumb
Posted: Wednesday, September 12, 2012 4:27:02 PM

I prefer standard 200 as well. SYM has me convinced. I'd rather just allow 200pt standard.