RegisterDonateLogin

What a piece of junk!

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Kazdan and Qui-Gon/ Spotter and Sniper Droids Options
shmi15
Posted: Wednesday, September 19, 2012 3:54:20 PM
Groups: Member

A situation came up and I think I had the correct ruling... But I thought I would check with you guys to make sure.

I ran a Kazdan/ Qui-Gon reserves squad and my initial roll was a 7, there's was a 15... So naturally I stole the role to get my reserves. I had already brought in the Spotter on a seperate reserves role, so naturally I brought in 2 Snipers on this one. But then I realized I had a good kill shot if I went first on a good piece of my opponent... But then I started to question. Intuition says before the first activation I can move up to my speed. Kazdan Paratus says IMMEDIATELY before your first activation... So no activations have been given yet. With those wordings and the rulings I was able to look at, it lead me to beleive I could intuition with the droids I had just brought in, and then activate a sniper combine fire and kill said character. After the game we discussed it more and started doubting that it would work that way. I assured our play group that this Qui-Gon will be nerfed as much as possible to not give Mace any advatage in combat, ( Like the MTB nerfing that makes 0 sense... But thats a completely different topic) so I now assume that this can not happen, and wouldn't work that way. Thus making this Qui-Gon more and more useless as the rewording of rules go on.
So, how do the interactions work on this? Can I Intuition as long as I am the first activation of the round? Or is that step just ignored for no reason?

Secondly.... I have always been confused on the stacking of the abilities, but... The rapport for the sniper/spotter combo only works once right? The only way to reduce the price of the piece below 3 is with Gha Nacht b/c the spotter states who it gives the rapport for? I assume thats correct, otherwise you would infinite droids on a squad that cost 0...
Sithborg
Posted: Wednesday, September 19, 2012 4:06:27 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

Reserves happens after all the "pre-turn" stuff like Intuition, Surprise Move, and Aing-te Flow Walking.

Sense the Future will be changing, to work as intended. It happens before initiative is determined.

Different Rapport's stack (Gha and the Spotter). The same Rapport (2 Spotters) do not. This is covered in the FAQ.
juice man
Posted: Friday, September 21, 2012 5:51:03 AM

Sithborg wrote:
Sense the Future will be changing, to work as intended. It happens before initiative is determined.

So Sense the Future is going from "Holy Cow" to "meh"? Confused
jak
Posted: Friday, September 21, 2012 6:10:59 AM

juice man wrote:
Sithborg wrote:

mehMeh is an overreaction

Angry karkin' useless is more like it
Sithborg
Posted: Friday, September 21, 2012 6:31:03 AM

juice man wrote:
Sithborg wrote:

Switching your initiative rolls is still pretty good.
MaliciousCrumb
Posted: Friday, September 21, 2012 6:34:43 AM

Sithborg wrote:
juice man wrote:
Sithborg wrote:

Switching your initiative rolls is still pretty good.

Not if you don' t know what you're getting yet.
I'd say that it's a "meh", if what you're saying is true.No Bloo Milk
Sithborg
Posted: Friday, September 21, 2012 6:55:04 AM

It's going to be once you figure out your final roll. Modifiers, will still apply to the applicable player, but you will see what you rolled first.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Friday, September 21, 2012 7:15:05 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

In other words, you're switching dice rolls, not switching initiatives. Is that accurate?
Sithborg
Posted: Friday, September 21, 2012 7:44:40 AM

FlyingArrow wrote:
In other words, you're switching dice rolls, not switching initiatives. Is that accurate?

Not the final initiative check, no.
juice man
Posted: Friday, September 21, 2012 12:06:45 PM

Sithborg wrote:
FlyingArrow wrote:

So, if your oppenent has a plus to his roll, he still gets that plus - just not his roll. Correct?
If so StF has gone back to "Holy Cow".

EDIT Just saw SB's clarification.Blushing
Sithborg
Posted: Friday, September 21, 2012 12:45:13 PM

juice man wrote:
Sithborg wrote:
FlyingArrow wrote:

So, if your oppenent has a plus to his roll, he still gets that plus - just not his roll. Correct?

Yes.
MaliciousCrumb
Posted: Friday, September 21, 2012 2:32:39 PM

Sithborg wrote:
juice man wrote:
Sithborg wrote:
FlyingArrow wrote:

Yes.

So how does that work for tactician +4 and master tactician? I'm still a little fuzzy about it.Confused
jedispyder
Posted: Friday, September 21, 2012 3:16:48 PM

I'm a bit confused as well but here's my take on Tactician and Master Tactician (they may be wrong):
Tactician +# is a bonus that is given to your initiative check and is applied after you switch the physical rolls. So if you have Tactician +# and first roll a 5 but after the switch you get a 3, then you would add your +# from Tactician.
Master Tactician still has you roll so there will always be a physical roll to switch, but as long as what you get after the switch isn't a 1 you still get to go first. So if you have Master Tactician and roll an 8 and your opponent rolls a 3, after the switch you would have a 3 but since you have Master Tactician you still choose who goes first since your final initiative check was not a 1.
urbanjedi
Posted: Thursday, July 20, 2017 5:06:34 PM

bump for current discussions
shmi15
Posted: Thursday, July 20, 2017 6:11:18 PM

I'm glad this was bumped back up. Because now I am really confused. But I am glad to see that in 2012, STF and reserves for Kazdan were brought up by a low life like me, how was this missed then in designing with Pong? Do designers not read things I write and try to warn them about?

I know we keep getting laughed at by people, but I feel like if me AND Death's Baine were part of the Playtesting committee, a whole lot of this stuff would never get through, and we would have avoided situations like this in the first place.

Can we get a vote of confidence that we have the best interest of the game at heart now? And that things we complain about, are actually becoming issues, and could have been avoided if mine or his voice were listened to more?
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Thursday, July 20, 2017 6:28:16 PM

shmi15 wrote:
Do designers not read things I write and try to warn them about?

Mace Windu Flapper LOL