RegisterDonateLogin

Recommends never trying to milk a rancor.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Minis-Mania 2 Top 4!! Options
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Thursday, September 27, 2012 4:11:03 PM
Groups: Member

So for those of you in the dark there is a huge tournament in TN this year November 3rd, offering a 500$ prize to first place. I am wondering who everyone thinks will take top 4 in this tournament? I think, if all these people show up top 4 will be David Weeks, Graham Bingham, Daniel Stephens, and Tim B with Tim B emerging victorious. If anyone needs more info contact me or the ultrastar.
Justin Cook
Posted: Thursday, September 27, 2012 5:21:33 PM

i disagree, Trevor Cook, Justin Cook, Craig Cook, and either bronson mcnellis or richard laws, with Justin Cook taking the $500 home
jak
Posted: Thursday, September 27, 2012 6:50:39 PM

ThumpUp one of the top 8 @ gecon will win the big money, but it won't be Trevor.

RollEyes or Gerry or I as we won't be attending.

6 hrs is my driving limit for SWM'sWink

assuming of course that any top 8 will be there.Unsure
Weeks
Posted: Thursday, September 27, 2012 8:43:08 PM

jak wrote:
ThumpUp one of the top 8 @ gecon will win the big money, but it won't be Trevor.

I'll be there. I think Lou is thinking of going too.
wannabe mexican
Posted: Friday, September 28, 2012 1:53:57 AM

jak wrote:

I s 6 hours driving too much for $500 though?
thereisnotry
Posted: Friday, September 28, 2012 5:59:48 AM

It would be SO much fun to attend this event! But alas, I don't drive more than 6hrs to a tourney either.

If all the people show up who we're expecting, then this'll be an excellent competition. My expectation is that Weeks will win it, though. The guy is a SWM Samurai!
theultrastar
Posted: Friday, September 28, 2012 7:54:12 AM

For those of you who say 6 hours is your max driving limit. It's a long drive to be sure. But it will be worth it, that much I can assure you. $500.00 cash, Matt Fancella Exclusive Map *Sith Academy*, we've got Tshirts, Custom Minis, A large selection of rares and very rares as prize support, Book of The Sith, The Old Republic. If you were ever going to travel over 6 hours to an event, this is the one. I can promise you, it will be the most fun you have ever had at a Star Wars Miniatures event. I'm not sure how you can pass this up. If you need a place to stay contact me and I will hook you up. 6 hours+ goes by a lot faster if you travel with a friend, so invite a friend of friends, and make an epic trip out of it.
jak
Posted: Friday, September 28, 2012 9:04:53 AM

theultrastar wrote:
For those of you who say 6 hours is your max driving limit. It's a long drive to be sure. But it will be worth it, that much I can assure you. $500.00 cash, Matt Fancella Exclusive Map *Sith Academy*, we've got Tshirts, Custom Minis, A large selection of rares and very rares as prize support, Book of The Sith, The Old Republic. If you were ever going to travel over 6 hours to an event, this is the one. I can promise you, it will be the most fun you have ever had at a Star Wars Miniatures event. I'm not sure how you can pass this up. If you need a place to stay contact me and I will hook you up. 6 hours+ goes by a lot faster if you travel with a friend, so invite a friend of friends, and make an epic trip out of it.

I'd love to go,SWM is my one and only hobbie.
I would make the 8+ hour trip, if I had a companion.( I know I have no friendsFlapper )

@ wannabe mex.- If the $500 was guarenteed to me, I'd definatly go. It's all the way across the pond 4 U, but a ways for me also.with my potty breaks it could take a week to get thereScared , ask past car mates.Wub
alas, I am well aware of my skillsBlink and dice luck.ThumbDown
for 1 day, at GenCon, I played well.ThumbsUp
with my swiss cheese brain, a repeat performance would be hard for me to pull offUnsure

thereisnotry
Posted: Friday, September 28, 2012 9:32:37 AM

theultrastar wrote:

It's a 13.5 hour drive for me...that's even further than Gencon was. I really wish I could go, but sadly I cannot.
DARPH NADER
Posted: Monday, October 1, 2012 8:42:48 AM

I hate to miss out on this one, as no doubt this is going to be a premier regional event. However even at sustained warp 8 it would still be 9+ hours from WNY. Just a bit out of reach, given my schedule & time constraints. Sad
ArtemisCFrog43
Posted: Monday, October 1, 2012 9:35:56 AM

DARPH NADER wrote:
I hate to miss out on this one, as no doubt this is going to be a premier regional event. However even at sustained warp 8 it would still be 9+ hours from WNY. Just a bit out of reach, given my schedule & time constraints. Sad

Was that a Star Trek reference in that post? ThumbDown