RegisterDonateLogin

Lets the Wookiee win.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

V-set 5, Galactic Heroes, donations! Options
Echo24
Posted: Friday, December 14, 2012 6:49:21 AM
Groups: Member

Galactic Heroes will be finishing and going to the printer soon, so it's time to start our regular donation drive!

This one is for V-set #5, Galactic Heroes, along with The Old Republic microset. The suggested donation is going to be $30. This is just a suggested donation; a donation is not required to get a set, but donations are the only thing that allows us to continue getting these professionally printed, so please try to make a donation, even if it's not the full amount. If you can donate extra for people who are unable to, that's excellent too.

The goal this time is $3200.

As always we'll be using the pointman system. The thread for volunteering to be a pointman should be up soon.

Donate Here to Support the V-Sets
AndyHatton
Posted: Friday, December 14, 2012 7:28:12 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Is there a specific deadline? I know I might have to wait until after Christmas to donate for this one
adamb0nd
Posted: Friday, December 14, 2012 7:38:57 AM

Is this cheaper than going through kickstarter? I like kick starter because it lets me see how close we are to the goal.

Anyhow, donated :)
swinefeld
Posted: Friday, December 14, 2012 7:41:26 AM

Andy - I think they are looking to send it to the printer around the end of January.

Adam - yes, it is cheaper. I'm sure Urbanjedi will post progress updates (not real time like KS obviously).
markedman247
Posted: Friday, December 14, 2012 7:41:39 AM

adamb0nd wrote:
Is this cheaper than going through kickstarter? I like kick starter because it lets me see how close we are to the goal.

Kickstarter takes some overhead. You need about 3500 to reach the goal after KS takes their share.
adamb0nd
Posted: Friday, December 14, 2012 8:44:19 AM

markedman247 wrote:
adamb0nd wrote:

Kickstarter takes some overhead. You need about 3500 to reach the goal after KS takes their share.

$300 is a lot when we're talking about $30 donations. Yeesh
markedman247
Posted: Friday, December 14, 2012 8:58:06 AM

adamb0nd wrote:
markedman247 wrote:
adamb0nd wrote:

$300 is a lot when we're talking about $30 donations. Yeesh

It's an approximation. I've heard between 5-10%. I know our fundraiser for a show I write for, KS took about 300 dollars out of 5200 in donations. There are other avenues of course. Indiegogo is more the direct route as the money donated goes to the project at the end of the time frame whether the goal is reached or not. But, I don't know there charges.
knappskirata
Posted: Friday, December 14, 2012 6:31:41 PM

Do you get copies of cards if you donate
Chargers
Posted: Friday, December 14, 2012 9:18:54 PM

knappskirata wrote:

Yes, if you donate you are guaranteed a set. You can get a set if you donate less than the full amount. You can also get a set without donating. But without the necessary level of donations to cover the printing and shipping costs, it doesn't happen.

So donate what you can. Get the cards. And keep playing. And we'll see you at the Regional.
501 Trooper
Posted: Saturday, December 15, 2012 5:06:43 AM

AndyHatton wrote:
Is there a specific deadline? I know I might have to wait until after Christmas to donate for this one

I'll probably wait until after Christmas also.
fingersandteeth
Posted: Saturday, December 15, 2012 12:20:51 PM

Release date is scheduled for March 1st at the moment. So there is a couple of months for donations.

urbanjedi
Posted: Saturday, December 15, 2012 12:36:00 PM

We have to submit the order to the printer around the 1st of Feb to get them printed and back and ready to go by the release date of March 1.

qvos
Posted: Wednesday, December 19, 2012 7:02:08 PM

I should be able to donate in the next few days and I will put the word out amongst some of our guys
knappskirata
Posted: Wednesday, December 19, 2012 7:50:03 PM

Chargers wrote:
knappskirata wrote:

Yes, if you donate you are guaranteed a set. You can get a set if you donate less than the full amount. You can also get a set without donating. But without the necessary level of donations to cover the printing and shipping costs, it doesn't happen.

So donate what you can. Get the cards. And keep playing. And we'll see you at the Regional.
As soon as you decide official date, let me know
jak
Posted: Wednesday, December 19, 2012 8:21:42 PM

Love I'm sure we can agree that donating thru PayPal is the cheapest/best way to handle the money for V-sets

New this IS v-set 5OMG
we kinda have been there, and done that other way/s (didn't get the shirt though, Eh? Daniel)ThumbsUp

it is unfortunate that we cannot be as honest 'bout this as we were at Hooters, in IndyCursing LOL
you know your having fun at Hooters when the servers are a distraction!Unsure Wink

l8r
jak
urbanjedi
Posted: Tuesday, December 25, 2012 10:09:18 PM

knappskirata wrote:
Chargers wrote:
knappskirata wrote:

Official date for what?

The target release is March 1. That won't change. We can't control exactly how long the printer takes, how long the USPS takes, or how long it takes your pointman to get them to you. We will raise money from now until the end of January. Then we will ship the files to the printer, who will print them (2-3 weeks from past experience depending on how busy they are). Then the printer ships them to us (4-7 days). Then Eric (engineer and I) get together, package up all the pointmen's sets (and some singletons here and there where there aren't pointmen) and then make a big trip to the post office (1hr 30 mins at the window or longer) (2-3 days to most all US pointmen). Then your pointman gets them and distributes them to you.

And yes, we tried Kickstarter for the first set, and it did not work for our group. We reached the goal easy enough, but they take a much larger cut than paypal (KS takes some and Amazon takes some and if you get it sent to a paypal account they take their normal cut) and there were some people who pledged but when it came time for Amazon to take the money, there was no money in the account or the card had been deactivated, etc. so we didn't get anywhere near the money that had been pledged. Now, if KS took the money as soon as you pledged and held it in escrow until the end of the fundraiser, it would be much, much easier to work with.

Any other questions just ask or shoot me a bm here or a pm over on gamers.
Chargers
Posted: Wednesday, December 26, 2012 10:55:03 AM

urbanjedi wrote:
knappskirata wrote:
Chargers wrote:
knappskirata wrote:

Official date for what?

He was asking about our Regional. :-)
dreadtech
Posted: Wednesday, December 26, 2012 1:42:02 PM

Made my donation,
Would like 4 sets of each again if possible.

Has anyone volunteered to be pointman for the UK?
pntkd2
Posted: Thursday, December 27, 2012 7:13:24 AM

Going to donate today. How much do you guys think(be reasonable, I'm only 18 and don't have mass $$$)
knappskirata
Posted: Thursday, December 27, 2012 8:06:52 AM

Probably about15 or 20 dollars or 10 or so pounds, whatever works for you