RegisterDonateLogin

Flies casual.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

New Years Eve Star Wars Minis Bash Options
theultrastar
Posted: Tuesday, January 1, 2013 8:38:52 AM
Groups: Member

so I rang in the New Year the right way, got together with a couple of my friends and we played a round robin tournament, we played New Zealand style rules. We each made three 200 point squads. I ran Sith so my 3 squads were...

-KaanBomb- 9acts

Darth Revan, Sith Lord -62
Atton "Jaq" Rand -36
Lord Kaan -36
Lobot -27
GARY -16
Gha -12
Salacious -5
Uggie x2 -6

-Master of Puppets- 12acts

Darth Caedus, Sith Lord -54
Darth Zannah -48
Vergere -30
Darth Bandon -27
Exar Kun FS -14
R7 -8
Mouse Droid x3 -9
Uggie x3 -9

-Cheating Death- 17acts

Lord Krayt -114
Ragnos FS -17
Amanin Scout -13
Dark Hellion Swoop Bike x2 -20
Rodian Brute x10 -30
Uggie x2 -6

So the way it works you sit down show your squads, you get to pick a squad of your opponents that you do not want to face, and he picks out of the remaining two which squad he wants to use, then he picks a squad of yours he doesn't want to face, you pick the squad you want to use out of the remaining two. Then you both squad reveal. Both of my opponents kept Kaan Bomb out of my reach all night so I had to alternate between Caedus and Krayt. Doesn't sound that bad, right? Game on!

First round I got the bye.

Second round I played the winner of the first game who was Trevor Cook (DeathsBaine) He was running NR, I kicked out his SoloCharge squad, and he chose his Corran Horn squad to run. He kicked out KaanBomb and I ran Caedus. DeathsBaine won map roll, his map for the tournament was the Minis Mania Map Mercenary Camp. I let him set up first. First round we positioned, I jumped up on gambit with Zannah and Caedus. Positioned Zannah to where she would absorb any shots fired. Second round not much action happened, Bandon choked a Mouse Droid, and Zannah tried to drop the Klat Cap but rolled a 1 on an attack. In the third round, Caedus Battle Manipulated, brought Corran Horn to him, dropped 80dmg on him. Trevor triple attacked Caedus back, and Caedus negated all dmg with successful Makashi saves. All game long with his shooters Trevor tried to dmg Zannah but she successfully negated all attacks except for one which happened to hit, only to see Vergere run in and heal her up.
Bandon choked Corran, and Zannah went after some of the other shooters. I lost the next init, DeathsBaine tripled Caedus only to see Caedus make all of his saves except one, Caedus then dropped Corran, we called the game there as Zannah could have been set up to Force Corrupt the rest of his squad, or kill Dash. For shits and giggles I healed Caedus with Vergere.

Third Round I played my friend Richard (Shmi15)

I chose to kick out his Naboo Trooper squad, he kicked out my Kaan Bomb. Shmi15 chose to run his Null Trooper Ordo and ARC Snipers against my Krayt squad. We played on my map which was the Minis Mania Map Sith Academy. Shmi15 picked side and set up first.

1st round we positioned, I rolled my Amanin Scout up to Gambit and picked up a round. Shmi15 played the door lock game. Which worked since I had no override in my squad. I managed to get two crucial doors open with my 2 uggies. I used my Amanin Scout to run in and drop next to two ARC Snipers and an Uggie and kill them. I then transferred out. Shmi15 did his best to kill all my swap. I used all of my pieces I could to pick off his Snipers. At the end of the time limit, we added up our rounds of gambit, and pieces killed and we came to a dead tie. Not having override def. hurt. I made a mental note to either not run this squad again or take out 3 rodians and put in an R7. Overall it was a fun game.

Fourth Round I got another bye

Fifth Round I played Shmi15 again, we each kicked out the same squads as our previous match, I ran Caedus this time and he ran Mace Windu. We played on Richards map the Matt Francella Holliday Special which I just got in the mail for 5dollars, Desert Outpost. Rich knew he had to play cautious, For 2 rounds he did just that, In the third Caedus was able to separate everyone from their movement breakers, and kill R2 Astromech. Bandon also got a Uggie. In the next round Rich lifted Mace with Foul and brought him down to Caedus and attacked him, landing a crit, Caedus Makashi'ed every attack away. Caedus then smacked him back. I instantly swarmed Mace and was going to try and kill him. Bandon got a well placed Choke on Mace. I set things up to where if I win init Mace dies. Sadly I don't win init, we are in our final round, Shmi15 runs away, and I'm unable to kill anything. Shmi wins on gambit by 4 points without killing or damaging a single piece. Worst game of the night.

Sixth Round I play DeathsBaine again I can't go into detail on this match as he ran a piece from V5 that hasn't been spoiled. The match all came down to the end, Kyle Katarn threw a grenade and killed my last 2 swap pieces, and with his R7 he was able to keep Krayt locked in a room while he picked up Gambit. So Krayt lost that match.

So, I won 1, lost 2, tied 1.

Things I learned from our round robin tournament,..

1. Krayt looks good on paper, and fun to play in a random game. Sucks competitively. I had thought before that he would be fun to run at a regional. I was wrong. He wouldn't be.

2. Caedus is awesome. Kills Corran Horn like it's nothing, and makes Mace Windu flee. Caedus will be ran by me at Regionals.

3. Playing Minis on New Years, best idea ever.

So my New Years Resolution? Continue being awesome... (Check) Play even more minis then last year....(Challenge Accepted)

Hope you all had a great New Years!