RegisterDonateLogin

Has the death sentence on twelve systems.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Take a Look Options
IG-108
Posted: Wednesday, April 29, 2009 10:58:05 AM
Groups: Member

Lumiya and Her Stealthy Fighters

Lumiya, The Dark Lady-53
Lobot-27
Jarael-23
Genoharadan Assasin-21
Genoharadan Assasin-21
Caamasi Noble-5

Lobot's Reinforcements
Czerka Scientist-13
Ughnaught Demolitionist-3
Ughnaught Demolitionist-3

This is the first squad I've posted in the forums, which I've found is better for getting comments/critiques on than just letting it sit in the Squads section of Bloomilk.

Basics are that Lumiya is a beast on her own. She's a great melee fighter against shooters if need be because of her stealth, melee reach 3, and evade. Any melee people that try to take her out will take 40 damage when she blows up. Lobot and the ughnaughts are their for door control. Jarael is hard to kill and helps to take out droid heavy squads with her shockstaff. The Assasins use cloak to their advantage and stay within six of the Czerka to gain twin attack. And finally, the Caamasin Noble is there for center points.

So? Comments? Critiques? Please don't be too hard on me with critiques, I'm still working out bugs on making tournament worthy squads with the pieces I have.
markedman247
Posted: Wednesday, April 29, 2009 11:09:12 AM

If you could get your hands on a Twi'lek BS Vigo and a Mouse Droid, then drop a Geno, you get greater mobile attack with both of your main pieces (Jarael and Lumiya)
awesome
Posted: Wednesday, April 29, 2009 11:10:37 AM

dont forget that Jareal rarely misses so she CAN activate 3 of the enemy's characters,
nice 150 pnt squad,
but Lumiya isnt all that great, what you need is a good commander(like Malak DLotS, or Sid O Gram)

but a good thing about Lumiya is if she is killed while attacking(AOO or Repost) the self destruct goes out 3 squares.
dnemiller
Posted: Wednesday, April 29, 2009 11:27:49 AM

awesome wrote:
dont forget that Jareal rarely misses so she CAN activate 3 of the enemy's characters,
nice 150 pnt squad,
but Lumiya isnt all that great, what you need is a good commander(like Malak DLotS, or Sid O Gram)

but a good thing about Lumiya is if she is killed while attacking(AOO or Repost) the self destruct goes out 3 squares.

umm melee reach 3 is for the purposes fo attack you are adjacent. Self Destruct is not an attack and does not target anything. So her self destruct would only be those adjacent to her.
IG-108
Posted: Wednesday, April 29, 2009 1:05:43 PM

Again, this is a squad I made out of the pieces I currently have. But I like the Twi'lek BS Vigo and the Mouse droid idea. I haven't bought many IE sets yet, but I should eventually be able to get those two.
awesome
Posted: Wednesday, April 29, 2009 2:05:18 PM

dnemiller wrote:
awesome wrote:
nice 150 pnt squad,

umm melee reach 3 is for the purposes fo attack you are adjacent. Self Destruct is not an attack and does not target anything. So her self destruct would only be those adjacent to her.

well you see you can do it if you are killed while attacking(djem so and repost interupt the attack so it is during), it says for perposes of attacking so if you die attacking it goes out 3 squares this is also mentioned in a differant forum here.
mercenary_moose
Posted: Wednesday, April 29, 2009 2:26:52 PM

TBSV would be golden in this squad.
dnemiller
Posted: Wednesday, April 29, 2009 2:36:19 PM

awesome wrote:
dnemiller wrote:
awesome wrote:
nice 150 pnt squad,

well you see you can do it if you are killed while attacking(djem so and repost interupt the attack so it is during), it says for perposes of attacking so if you die attacking it goes out 3 squares this is also mentioned in a differant forum here.

I dont want to derail this thread but I believe SIthborg said it clearly in the thread about Lumiya on here.

But melee reach 3 characters are adjacent for the purposes of a melee attack on her turn. So if Djem so or Riposte killed her then self destruct would effect the characters that are actually physically adjacent to Lumiya and the character that riposted or Djem-so'd her to death not every character within three
awesome
Posted: Wednesday, April 29, 2009 2:59:22 PM

dnemiller wrote:
awesome wrote:
dnemiller wrote:
awesome wrote:
nice 150 pnt squad,

I dont want to derail this thread but I believe SIthborg said it clearly in the thread about Lumiya on here.

But melee reach 3 characters are adjacent for the purposes of a melee attack on her turn. So if Djem so or Riposte killed her then self destruct would effect the characters that are actually physically adjacent to Lumiya and the character that riposted or Djem-so'd her to death not every character within three

Ok maybe, but I thought she died when attacking so shes adjacent to 3 squared away people, but now she just sucks.
dnemiller
Posted: Wednesday, April 29, 2009 3:14:06 PM

awesome wrote:
dnemiller wrote:
awesome wrote:
dnemiller wrote:
awesome wrote:
nice 150 pnt squad,

Ok maybe, but I thought she died when attacking so shes adjacent to 3 squared away people, but now she just sucks.

she is still good using her with malak but just a personal preference I prefer Darth Talon for her mobile twin at +15 and even though Lumiya has evade I prefer to use force bubble.

Although anytime someone runs Sith I think they are in for a good time. IT might not be the Meta but they force you to think every move and when you do win with them you certainly have earned it.
Sithborg
Posted: Wednesday, April 29, 2009 3:41:53 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

Umm, Melee Reach states that on their turn, while attacking, characters within the listed range are considered adjacent for ALL purposes. This includes Cleave, Riposte, Evade, Cover, Self Destruct, etc.

If Riposte or Djem So kills Lumiya while she is attacking on her turn, all characters within 3 are considered adjacent for her Self Destruct.
Eroschilles
Posted: Wednesday, April 29, 2009 5:21:38 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

I don't think Lumiya is bad at all. She has easy access to renewal with Sid Hologram, and with the TBSV mobile would help her with the melee reach 3. I think she's a little costly, but I never run Sith anyways because of all the high cost figures.
IG-108
Posted: Wednesday, April 29, 2009 11:39:12 PM

So basically, what I'm seeing is that:
1. Lumiya's a decent piece to run with this squad because of her abilities, but Darth Talon would be a suitable substitute for her.
2. Get a Twi'lek BSV and a Mouse droid to give Lumiya and Jarael Greater Mobile.
3. Use Sidious to give Lumiya Renewal.

That's not too bad. I've been working on tournament squads with the pieces I have for a while because I've been to about 10 or 11 tournaments in my area (I've been playing for about two years but it's hard for me to meet everyone because I'm busy alot), and I've only done well in about 1 or 2 of them.
Zalkrie
Posted: Thursday, April 30, 2009 1:02:00 AM

Giving Jarael GMA is very key. She can move her six, triple attack and opponent needs to make three jolt saves. Jarael and Twi'lek BSV are a very nice combo.
afairy13
Posted: Thursday, April 30, 2009 1:04:43 AM

She can actually move 8 BTW
Zalkrie
Posted: Thursday, April 30, 2009 2:29:40 AM

afairy13 wrote:
She can actually move 8 BTW

You are right of course.....just a mistake of putting the usual movement in.
awesome
Posted: Thursday, April 30, 2009 8:49:55 AM

Eroschilles wrote:
I don't think Lumiya is bad at all. She has easy access to renewal with Sid Hologram, and with the TBSV mobile would help her with the melee reach 3. I think she's a little costly, but I never run Sith anyways because of all the high cost figures.

The reason all of the sith cost so high, even when commanders is because they are also beat sticks at the same time, I mean look at Exar, good fighter and good commander,
same with the new Malak,

and I think darth nihl is 1 of the best because he is really really cheap and gives out flurry attack,
I used him and ulic and ordo in a squad so ordo would triple twin(almost always guarantees a crit at least 1 time), so when he does crit at least 60 damage than another 2 attacks for free. it was a good squad.

But for me Sith are just about all I use.
dnemiller
Posted: Thursday, April 30, 2009 9:01:57 AM

Sithborg wrote:
Umm, Melee Reach states that on their turn, while attacking, characters within the listed range are considered adjacent for ALL purposes. This includes Cleave, Riposte, Evade, Cover, Self Destruct, etc.

If Riposte or Djem So kills Lumiya while she is attacking on her turn, all characters within 3 are considered adjacent for her Self Destruct.

You know I researched this on wizards and even found trhe thread.... but you what is funny.

Nickname never gave an answer in the whole thread nothing. Not even you are correct sir.

So as far as I am concerned it is in the air and probably will be left to judges descretion. Although I have serious doubts the situation will ever come up.

Since I am stuck being the HEad Judge for the Championships I will have to ponder this.
Sithborg
Posted: Thursday, April 30, 2009 11:38:16 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

awesome
Posted: Thursday, April 30, 2009 11:43:18 AM

dnemiller wrote:
Sithborg wrote:

You know I researched this on wizards and even found trhe thread.... but you what is funny.

Nickname never gave an answer in the whole thread nothing. Not even you are correct sir.

So as far as I am concerned it is in the air and probably will be left to judges descretion. Although I have serious doubts the situation will ever come up.

Since I am stuck being the HEad Judge for the Championships I will have to ponder this.

YES YES!!!!!!!!!
this is what the guy nickname said about it.

Yes. If she is defeated while attacking on her turn, the Self-Destruct would affect all characters within 3 squares.

thanks sithborg.